Suggestion: Introduce "Clubs"

You could have a Baby Seal Club club though.

As stated before in a previous discussion, I do not see this as a “NEED” as yes communities are able to operate without such a feature. I see that this would just make it easier. As such, this would not be a quote on quote high priority issue, as there are more important things imo (and apparantly others) that need to be change. But later down the line, this could really help out in terms of management of said groups.

I don’t recall, do you remember how long ago that was by any chance? As for the complexity of criss-crossing, this would essentially be located on a tab of the character sheet and maybe its own window. I see this as separate from corps/alliances.

It would be different than this suggestion (as this does NOT replace corps, you would still need to be in a corp), suggest it and see how it holds up :smiley:

I don’t believe it would make too much of a mess, if any. As discussed, it may be a good idea to have a check box in the club “window” that you could apply club standings to overviews and such.

Why would they need to be declared war against? They wouldn’t be able to declare war either. Corps will still exist, you will still be able to be declared against (barring you being in a NPC corp). They cannot have assets. I feel it would go against the idea to be able to be declared against. I’m just not convinced that it is necessary.

It was in some csm minutes a few years ago. I’ll try and find em later today. I understand that they will be separate from corps, but i still think players will get confused 'which is which and who is who.

I think it was mentioned a couple times, but it was definitely discussed during the CSM9 winter meeting:

CCP Fozzie also went over the social groups feature that they still have on the table, though not in active development at this time. Sugar Kyle brought up the difference between the idea of a social club vs a social corporation. CCP Fozzie agreed there’s a difference, and that the Social club is a good way to put it to differentiate them. This would allow people to do things like a have chat room, mailing list, personal standings, allow things such as fleet finder adverts to clubs and so on. It would also allow you to belong to multiple clubs, and would have no impact on your corporation membership.

I think though we can assume it never went anywhere, and probably won’t at this point. I think it isn’t a bad idea, but honestly doesn’t add much people can do with existing in-game and out-of-game tools. I think the development time could be better spent as part of a corp/war revamp and used to create a true social corp that could opt-out of war by opting-out of the non-social benefits of being in a player corporation.

Players have demonstrated that they can pretty easily organize into pan-corp and pan-alliance groups. More social tools sounds nice as a sound bite, but I am not sure what social tools you actually need built into the game beyond a shared chat channel to organize a group. Standings maybe, but I can see that being a bit of a UI nightmare.

Thank you for sharing. I really need to read those notes apparently. I agree, there are more important things to work on, but I believe it would be nice to have in the future. I mean we got a chat bubble thing, so there is a team doing little things at least :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I disagree on both sides of the wardec issue, you must be both able to wardec and be wardec’d because if someone wants to fart on your club they need a mechanism to do it. I hate the wardec system but as long as it exists in its current form your type of organization MUST be involved, no organization gets special snowflake status (except certain noob stuff).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.