Suggestion: Salvage Probes & Salvage Probe Launcher

Not going to see me cry over it being easier to scan them down.

But if that’s the problem then sure make rat wrecks just as hard to scan down and player wrecks easier to do so

Then newbies cannot scan down rat wrecks, which is kind of the point of this suggestion.

There is no way to both have newbie salvagers happy at the same time as having the interplay between combat probers and people who don’t want to be combat probed intact.

If you want salvage, ask someone if you can salvage their sites.

But they can scan down player wrecks. It would be safer and more profitable than all the new bros picking drones off gates

Bit inconsistent to only be able to scan down player wrecks but not NPC wrecks, don’t you think?

Not really, capsule vessles are not 1:1 with empire ones.

And that hardly seems like a reason not to let players scan down other player wrecks. It adds to the game and doesn’t put those poor rafters at risk from a newbie

Wreck is a wreck.

If people can scan down player wrecks, they’ll ask why they cannot scan down NPC wrecks.

And we cannot let them scan down NPC wrecks without wrecking the interplay between combat probes and ships that are hard to probe down.

It’s not a good idea to allow players to scan down any type of wrecks.

And it’s also not needed to allow players to scan down any type of wrecks, it’s easy enough to create your own or ask someone else who is creating wrecks to leave a bookmark.

1 Like

Didn’t say not to let them be scanned down I said to make them as hard to scan down as possible

If that’s still to scary for you double the duration before despawn and have their signature increase and sensor strength decrease slowly so that they are easy to scan by anyone after 2hrs

Who do you think wants to scan down wrecks to salvage them?
Newbies.

What kind of players have the skills and implants necessary to scan down signatures that are nearly impossible to scan?
Not newbies.

How useful do you think this change is going to be for anyone?

Changing it so you can scan down player wrecks?

Extremely useful to anyone who actually wants to play the game as a salvager picking through battlefields after the fight has finished.

You’re the one convinced that if player wrecks are made salvageable that people will lining up and be demanding ccp make rats just as easy. Though I also see you ignored the apart about essentially putting a soft timer on actually being able to find the wrecks. So your carebears can safely finish their sites.

I mean I haven’t seen massive demands for npc ships to be scanable despite the “clear inconsistency” with being able to scan down player ships.

Where do you think those battlefields happen? At gates, structures, Ihubs, anomalies. You do not require probes to get to the vast majority of player wrecks.

When people want to scan down wrecks, they’re talking about those NPC wrecks they see on their dscan of despawned anomalies.

They happen inside plexs that close, inside anomalies that de-spawn, on “safe” spots, on holes that get rolled, ect.

If player wrecks never need to be scanned down anyway then it really see no problem aside from your weak “slippery slope” argument against them.

Oh and how about all the fights on now destroyed structures?

Sometimes fights happen there and a single wreck might be left.

But in my experience the battlefields full of player wrecks are next to objectives or gates. And if I want to salvage a player wreck battlefield, I don’t want to scan down a single wreck in an old anomaly, I would want to find multiple or dozens of wrecks. And those are found where battles happen, near gates or structures.

Like citadel?

Also the vast majority of wh fights are on holes. And while we looted I can’t think of a single time we salvaged

Holes are already scannable.

There should be zero reason to have salvage probes. if you want NPC salvage, find the ones who are running missions/anomalies and ask to salvage behind them, or scan them down and throw a BM where they were to go back and salvage.

Not when you roll them after a fight. Something standard as if you win your either closing a hostile hole into your system or rolling it to get a connection into another system for another fight.

Fw plexs are another one and alone could net a newer player a lot of isk. If you know any of the currently contested systems you would find pockets that held dozens of ships and a handful with over 100 wrecks. All lost in deadspace after the site closed.

Have FacPo place a hazard warning buoy at 90 minutes after the last player ship leaves a site before it gets cleaned up by FacWaste and disappears. Course this will tank the salvage and loot return for the players actually running sites, so…let’s leave things as they are for simplicity’s sake. There are viable other ways that other players can use to harvest another players waste as it stands.

After you’ve rolled a hole, does the bookmark of the hole disappear?

(Only if you delete it. So if you’re looking for salvage of a fight that happened at the hole, do not delete your bookmark. Problem solved!)

Ummm yeah… but I’m taking about going through systems to find wrecks. Not going back and salvaging a fight you were in. And you know that.

You tell me. Why a proposal based in “this player want” couldn’t be be dismissed because “those other players don’t want”?

Leaving you in the losing side don’t remove conflict. Apparently it adds salt, however.