Suggestions for changes to Eve

The list isn’t arbitrary. Many players propose a lot of objectively bad ideas because most players have no experience in game design, have perspectives limited to their play styles and values, and because game design is really ■■■■■■■ hard. I mean, who knew? And even the ideas that aren’t objectively bad can still get a lot of criticism because they would push Eve in a direction that other players are opposed to.

Anyway, here’s an example player idea for you. Naturally, there are a ton more. However, I am not going to spend the next hour searching through the forums looking for them all.

I also think it would be a mistake to say that we fall victim to group think. True, many forum regulars tend to share many values, however, that is not the same as participating in group think. I assure you that we are quite capable of engaging in independent thought, and that we do disagree with each other all the time.

And this is my opinion, but…

Forum Regular Values/Mindset:

• HTFU
  • Big Changes and Shake Ups
  • High Risk, High Reward Game Play
  • Active Game Play
  • Player Skill
  • “Emergent PvP,” “Non-Consensual PvP,” or whatever you want to call it

r/Eve Values/Mindset:

• Bitter Vets
  • Predictability and Stability
  • Low Risk, High Reward Game Play
  • AFK Game Play
  • N+1 and Ship Cost
  • “Real PvP,” “Consensual PvP,” or whatever you want to call it

Needless to say, suggestions (or other posts) that reflect the values of those communities will get a better reception than those that go against them. So, if you think a particular suggestion might appeal to the values of one of those communities, you might have better luck by posting to that particular platform.

Disclaimer: neither community is a monolith. However, both communities, as an aggregate, tend to lean towards particular values/mindsets.