Superior Sleeper Cache - how to survive Plasma Chamber Explosion?

Hey guys,

recently, a new way of killing Cache-Runners in High-Sec got me in my Home Constellation. I was running the Sup Cache in a Strat, entered the Sentry Room after cleaning the Solar Room and while slowboating to the RDGU, a Proteus came in, shot the Plasma Chambers - and survived! What the?! He then stole my Lewt and was never seen again.

I did some research in the meantime. Eve Wiki states, that the Chamber does 100k Explosive damage. But according to the following Killmail, it deals even more:

111k in this example (So sorry for the guy, what an expensive Fit). And also, i always thought that Caches deal Omni damage in general, dont they do?!

So the question is: How could this guy in his Proteus survive that blast? Did he use an exploit? Or is there something special i dont see? I ask, because i Never wanna be killed like this in the future again. This just sucks - if i cant figure out how someone did what he did, you know?!

Thank you guys.
Steffen

EDIT: Before you ask: No, he was not sitting in the Vessel Rejuvenation Battery and hacked it before shooting. He warped straight in and a second later he engaged the Chamber. I zoom out all the time so i saw him warpin in.

I guess he had even more EHP than you had.

Also no, you can’t warp directly on the chamber (I think it’s 50km off warp point ?)

131k EHP in that fit :

[Proteus, *Simulated Proteus Fitting]
Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
Corpum C-Type Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Corpum C-Type Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Damage Control II
Corpum A-Type Explosive Energized Membrane

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Scan Rangefinding Array II
Scan Rangefinding Array II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
250mm Railgun II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Proteus Core - Augmented Fusion Reactor
Proteus Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Proteus Offensive - Hybrid Encoding Platform
Proteus Propulsion - Hyperspatial Optimization

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8
Spike M x40

That’s pretty smart!

And yes, like Anderson linked, you can get a lot of EHP on a Proteus. And while I don’t know the details of this explosion, if the damage type is predictable and only one type he could even ‘cheese tank’ it to get even more EHP by stacking resists to that specific type of damage only.

IIRC explosions (cache, ghost) is explosive, while sentries (mcache and lcache) is em/thermal.

Also, the legion in that fit had 65k exp EHP.

The total damage indicated is the damage taken from the start of the server session. All NPC are considered as the same entity ; the entity that “dealt killing blow” is actually the first one to deal damage to the player in that session.
So in your case, that legion took TOTAL 116k damage before dying to rats (eg a triple colossal waves)

Please don’t try to use tools you don’t understand.

Simulated your fit from up above … I get 128k EHP in that case.

Maybe i missed the details in that Killmail, sry. I just read that the Invisible Cloud corresponds to the Plasma Chamber. Source: EVE Wiki. Whether it is also the Damage Dealer in the Archive room - idk. Im Playing EVE since 2006 - but with long breaks in between, so i most likely miss things in the meantime and dont memorize everything from years before. And: I never completed the Archive before. So - sorry if i missed the point on that KM.

The intention for this thread was to find out how to tank that Chamber. To be safe against such a clever, but still quite rude way of killing people in that Cache. The Archive Room is a different story; in there its not possible to insta kill you with the Environment in that way.

Can someone confirm that the Fit from up above is sufficient to stand against that blast from the Chamber? It looks promising but i cant test it on Sisi since i have to go to work again tomorrow and just have 2 hours left today.

Thanks mates :+1:

train the skills to V, you don’t fear losing a skill level anymore.

I killed several people using such a strategy in HS. Mostly in ghosts(open and close the minigame when they are close), but also some in scache (you can bump people into exploding cans). It’s normal to do so.

It may or may not

Sorry don’t want to test on sisi. also IIRC Lcache don’t spawn on sisi. Last time I spent hours trying ot get one, without a success.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.