Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

Seriously, you should buff the tank on every thing to make them last longer…you nerfed moons, destroyed the economy, and made everything more expensive to replace.

Stop nerfing the game, you have everyone stuck at home then decided to ruin peoples source of solace in these F’ed up times is not helping. LEAVE the game alone, give us the moons back, and wait to poke the sleeping bear when this COVID stuff is over.

4 Likes

I don’t require others to know if i am, or am not, an expert in something. I can’t even trust that people are capable of understanding when someone knows more about something than they do. Most people don’t seem to be and that’s all there is to it. “Pearl before swine” or how the saying goes.

Pretty much this.

Also the HP buff for BSes will make bombs even harder to use.

1 Like

Yeah, we all know he had nothing to do with Band of Brothers… Then there was Hulkageddon, backed by him to keep their carebears mining at higher levels. Then CODE. was born out of his (we’ll call him James now) tantrum when CCP buffed barges & exhumers. Sort of a permanent Hulkageddon for children who are useful idiots, but with pathetic and demented religious cult role-play.

This is 100% reverting back to ~2009 era corruption or it is 100% ignorance on behalf of CCP. I’ll let you decide which it is on the next Meta Show.

3 Likes

Post 670!

I want all of you to stay safe and healthy in real life …
… but die a thousand deaths in the game.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Nor does the ability for you to write ‘tens of thousands of words’ over 8 years make your analysis correct. If we wanted to go that route, I promise, I’ll win. My individual articles on INN and TMC tend toward 3-10k each.

The point is that there’s a lot of complexity involved in the player numbers, and trying to boil it down to ‘this one thing happened and that’s why’ and ‘reverse this one thing and it all goes back’ is fatally flawed. The biggest problem with getting old players back is that once new behavior patterns emerge, we stick to those as rigorously as we did the old ones.

The biggest problem with attracting new players is all the goddamned competition for peoples’ time. The NPE needs to be fixed. It needs to be fixed hard. It’s needed to be fixed for a decade, and they’ve been working on that.

Right now, it needs to be fixed in a few different places. First, it needs to communicate better and more clearly. It’s trying, but there’s still a bunch of information overload and needless complexity. Second, it needs to handoff to the rest of the game better. Maybe that means preparing the player for going from the environment of ‘we tell you very little in confusing ways’ to the environment of ‘we tell you NOTHING in even more confusing ways’. Maybe it means actually improving the way the game communicates with players in general. I don’t know, but I definitely have a suspicion there.

And people aren’t going to un-have kids. Their lives aren’t going to magically get simpler. As long as you’re pushing a narrative of ‘just change it so it’s like it was 10 years ago when younger people had simpler lives, fewer options, and there weren’t already established power blocs with over a decade of experience managing large numbers of people in the game, AND EVERYTHING WILL MAGICALLY REVERT!!!’ is… well… dumb.

6 Likes

CCP, can you please confirm that this math is correct? If so, it’s not nearly as extreme as it first looked.

1 Like

You should try using all that tinfoil for wrapping food for frozen storage.

It seems pretty boneheaded to make a blanket change like this. I am sure Nullsec brawls need more blood, but what about everyone else? How do you, repeatedly, make changes for Null without the rest of the game crossing your mind, CCP?

6 Likes

The biggest change coming in this update is a 20% reduction in the power of all modules that increase shield or armor resistances.

A 20% reduction is [Bonus] * 0.8 == [New Bonus].

It’s kinda simple.

This is precisely why I don’t listen to the Meta Show.

Yeah, but a lot of people are reading it as 55% resist going down to 35%. I just want to see it in writing that you’re right, and not everyone else.

2 Likes

Actually miners now will be making even more isk…

All these changes and nothing done to remove the need for time dilatation in big fleet battles. With removing major ISK making mechanics and increases to ship losses, the PLEX sales you’ll drive with these changes will more than offset the loss of subscriptions come mid-April, earning much needed revenue post CCP purchase. Well played Pearl, well played…

6 Likes

CCP if you want Battleships to participate more in fleet activities you need to further decrease their travel time, and give them useful roles that only they can perform !!!

2 Likes

You should, because I have no idea what that guy is talking about, lol.

3 Likes

Well, then you need to actually get their attention, by doing things like:

@CCP_Dopamine @CCP_Rattati - can we get confirmation that the 20% reduction is in fact [Bonus] * 0.8 == New Bonus[1], and not [Bonus] - 20 == [New Bonus]?

They’ll have a harder time just seeing ‘CCP’ in the thread. :wink:

1. Or even [New Bonus] == [Bonus] - [Bonus*0.2], which is exactly the same math?

2 Likes

Sounds like you need more CTAs to visit your articles from da big boss in Wiscahnsun. You guys can form twice that to gank a ratting Praxis with supers. Come on.

1 Like

I don’t do the forum wars thing much, so any pointers are appreciated, thank you.

We can form… 6-20,000 words? What?

Edit: also, since I’ve got access to the analytics, trust me, my pieces get plenty of eyeballs. :wink:

1 Like