Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

so many word,s,idea and who wrong ccp or gank style,or alliance,everything seem like WOT,finging war,farming isk etc.Nobidy say all is about money,not isk but real money that is problem and solution

1 Like

Removed a large number of off topic/inappropriate posts. Keep it on topic and civil, thanks.

7 Likes

Single capital capacitor booster hurts an active tanked Naglfar pretty hard, it’s literally bonused for it but with t2 capacitor safeguard and a concord shield booster it’s getting 4.6mins of cap unheated, 8mins with domination/true sansha shield booster, and a measly 3.3mins with a t2 shield booster. Seems silly that it’s got such a short cap life when it’s literally bonused for active shield tanking.

4 Likes

You know it’s a bad update when ISD has to lock the thread down to clean it out.

11 Likes

Curiously, according to the current data on hoboleaks (Singularity Build: 1702461) while almost all adaptive shield hardeners (including deadspace and faction) follow the 0.2 formula, there are a few exceptions.

Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener II (previously known as Adaptive Invulnerability Field II) goes from 30% to 26% (not 24%).

Compact Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener (previously known as Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I) goes from 25% to 23.2% (not 20%) - the same as a new type called Enduring Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener with has a lower fitting requirement.

‘Posse’ Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener (previously known as ‘Posse’ Adaptive Invulnerability Field) goes from 27.5% to 26% (not 22%)

and most curious of all, one gets a buff:

Domination Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener (previously known as Domination Adaptive Invulnerability Field) goes from 25% to 26%, making it quite a nice option for tight/capacitor intensive fits.

Garth

4 Likes

Ganking may not have the same skill ceiling as solo frigate pvp or whatnot, but it still requires plenty of skill to successfully hunt and kill other players, even those in PvE ships. If you think it’s easy, you should become a hunter or ganker, and watch the isk and fame come rolling in.

I believe that the constant threat of PvP actually makes the PvE in this game better. Like seriously, the PvE in this game ranges from meh to freaking terrible. So, it is the threat of PvP which elevates it above garbage. It makes accomplishments more meaningful, it creates a constant undercurrent of danger and suspense (even when nothing exciting happens), and it creates a lot of freaking amazing player encounters. Obviously, I don’t like losing ships, but I have had some good fun evading hunters, killing would be attackers, and saving the ships of my friends and corpies. It feels amazing when you can turn the tables and become the hero.

Also, how the hell does this hurt “true PvP”? Let’s be real -you’re scared.
I sense much fear in you

3 Likes

Sad now an ISD is removing honest feedback - come on, listen to your player base just ones!

This feels like the SWG NGE - unnecessary changes for short term profit - Spoiler alert; it killed the game.

7 Likes

More and better brawls? Count me pleased.

Well, I don’t know about t5 abyss, because you have the timer. But for everything else, you can still do it, you’ll just have to sacrifice some efficiency to get your tank back up to snuff.

Funny part about T5 Abyss is that sometimes 3 damage mods less tank vs 2 damage mods more tank is the difference between you finish the site within 15min or die because of time out

And this 20% resist reduction effectively kicks some fits out of the T5 club

5 Likes

Majority of this thread

4 Likes

It is objectively incorrect but i saw meme i upvote

1 Like

People are overestimating how big of a difference the nerf to resist mods is going to make, it’s not a 20% nerf to overall ehp or active tank, in practice it’s probably going to reduce overall tank by about 3-5% which is not going to make pve impossible. The buff to close range ammo is very welcome!

Do something for haulers please, moving inventory around is already a tedious chore because of how little you can carry per load due to the isk/ehp calculation and now this is going to make it even worse.

2 Likes

They were recently buffed to 32%

Other Adaptive fields got a similar boost.

the sad thing is this 20% resistance balance will kill newbie player game play.

they hardly afford to factional modules and most don’t have the skills to fit T2, as it most of their resistance tank fits are weak to start with, and now CCP/BP are throwing a 20% reduction on these poor buggers!

a great way to encourage newbies to stay playing EVE.

the update = kill new blood

7 Likes

The isk/ehp calculation is a player imposed limitation. You don’t need to follow that if you want to haul more goods around. This isn’t something CCP needs to touch.

You’ve misread the entire dev blog if you think it’s a 20% reduction on resistances.

The biggest change coming in this update is a 20% reduction in the power of all modules that increase shield or armor resistances.

Please don’t try your weak “but think of the children” argument.

Hell I doubt CCP cares all they care about is paying players, alphas they wouldn’t give a damn if they left or not, that’s why I’m voting with my wallet on this one, canceled my omega and not planning to give CCP anymore money!

7 Likes

BZZZZZT

Wanna try again?

5 Likes