Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

it’s meta imposed and they’ve just changed the meta

Yeah, no. It really isn’t.
Again, this isn’t something CCP needs to address.

So, the devs and the mods didn’t get the supportive response to these upcoming changes on April 15, so they locked the thread, go figure.

These changes are not going to have the effect CCP invasions it is going to kill brawl fighting and make everyone turn into a bunch of kitey risk adverse pansies asses.

Everything these changes bring will make Amarr and Gallente ships get mothballed, because no way is an armor ship ever going to be kitey unless you give them a huge bonus to afterburner/mwd. Rather than nerf the the mods put a negative resist effect to all capital ships and reduce the bonus to remote repair faxes get and make it so they can only fit capital remote repair mods that can only be used on capital ships and repairable structures.

6 Likes

Retribution says hello.

3 Likes

oh my goodness - another round up nerfs and reductions that you call enhancements.

9 Likes

That would require a lot of extensive work to rebalance each and every capital ship clearly CCP doesn’t want to do that, they want an easy simple solution which is to nerf all the hardeners.

I hope more people like me vote with their wallets to let CCP know how bad this decision is.

6 Likes

I find it so precious that the people who brought the game to the present state now are insisting they are yet again the ones to fix it.

They always use the magic word “Rebalancing”.

I’ve been through 10+ years of Rebalancing, and the player base is STILL down and I can’t imagine how a new player can compete except like roaches on the rain forest floor.

5 Likes

from the opening of the dev log:

this update is a 20% reduction in the power of all modules that increase shield or armor resistances. That means energized plating, armor coating, armor hardeners, shield hardeners and shield resistance amps. This will lead to a drop across the board in effective hit points, but the more slots a ship has devoted to resists.

it’s pretty clear it stated resistance, not power requirements.

…god you’re thick in the head. This is why I’m so glad CCP has the brains to filter out meaningless whining from garbage.

I was going to write a long post about how the last thing most of us need is to be more vulnerable to the mulibox gankers but i realized i can just save my breath and do what i did in 2012 and uninstall eve. omega time end in a week or so, summer is almost here. maybe ill pop back in when winter hits, by then maybe the dust will settle and things will even out. although it would be nice if they stopped using us as a beta test team with all these constant back and forth across the board experiments. dont you guys have a test server smdh

9 Likes

pull your head out of your own asse and read the topic and dev log correctly, or isn’t english your first lanuage?

how does power requirement reduction affect EHP???

1 Like

I swear someone showed me hardener tieracide changes and included in that was an Adaptive invuln II with 32% resists…but no i can’t find it.

Anyways the math adds up.

Looks more like they ‘locked’ it because there was already an official feedback thread, so they merged your whine-thread into it.

There it is.

1 Like

Thank you for voting with your wallet hopefully enough people do so and make CCP realize that they do not only have one type of player that plays their game but a multitude of players that engages in other activity besides PVP!

4 Likes

Twitch versus Eve has shown that you can’t or don’t play your own game, perfect time to unsub ya just keep screwing up over and over again… You guys got problems over there, and the player count will hurt because of this —> Translated to PAYER count…

5 Likes

yip that will drop to 24% across the board, 6% loose.

I’m seriously going to consider that, since they keep making changes and have some kind of day dreamy way of thinking on how the changes are going to go; that makes absolutely no sense.

3 Likes

your density puts osmium to shame
they mean the power of the module as in the resists it provides, NOT the powergrid it needs to be fitted

They were buffed to 32% on SISI

And the post-nerf number is also based on SISI

You could check Hoboleak, SISI revision 1689009-1691977

1 Like