Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

Yes. It’s a 20% reduction in the power (effectiveness) of the module, not ‘reduce the final number by 20%’. If that were the case, passive hardeners would barely even exist.

2 Likes

It is simple.
You take the current value and reduce it by 20%.
Just like the devblog says.

You’re absolutely right. It’s a ganking buff. Ignore Nevyn, he’s just a ganktard who can’t imagine any other playstyle.

3 Likes

It would have to be a drop in resistances. How else would CCP ensure more ships are burning and have more cash flowing into the game to prop up their bottom line?

This is purely CCP financials, and nothing to do with gameplay.

6 Likes

When is it not about money… Duh

2 Likes

My first thought was that the resistance reduction was a huge change. I was aligned with a lot of people who were on the rage quit path.

Then I did a little bit of theory crafting on pyfa. It looks like, with the doctrine fit we fly the most, this is about a 4% hit to ehp in a t2 fit and maybe about 6% in a t1 fit on a t1 battle cruiser.

So it’s not nothing and I certainly don’t like the change as it’s going to make me redo a bunch of fits but I don’t see it as game breaking.

1 Like

before you post remember the devs are trying to make the game better and they’re working in the middle of a pandemic to do it. if you have constructive feedback give it, if you’re just going to rant or be abusive keep it to yourselves

2 Likes

Your new here, aren’t you? :smile:

3 Likes

Here is a towel you have something on your nose.

2 Likes

That is usually how they do it, yep.

So the 20% reduction on bomb damage output is way off the chart then, because that would be on the base value, right ?

2 Likes

Except the maths appears to check out that it is.
Since its apparently going to 26% not 24%.

1 Like

Incorrect. It’s reducing isk efficiency and upping the challenge (i.e. bringing risk versus reward ratios back into line). The problem is that players have been living high on the hog for too long, and have gotten spoiled.

Well color me stupid. And here I thought I was making money from PvP.

Sarcasm aside, you might want to check out The Art of Poor video series by John Drees.

2 Likes

I don’t understand this community sometimes. People complain about the game being stale and then jump on the rage train when CCP tries to shake things up.

4 Likes

c3’s and c5’s gonna be very empty soon… 20% decrease in resistances means no ratting in those sites , only with a marauder , but everyone hates those anyway

3 Likes

It’s not even going to affect their isk efficiency, most of these guys have so much redundancy in their fits they won’t even notice the changes. The changes to close range ammo might even offer options that improve their potential isk/hr income, +20% damage should more than make up for a small nerf to tank, add in battleship lock times + ehp buff i’d say most pve fits are in a better place now, maybe tengu/gila/rattlesnake fits will be sad.

maybe some abyssal fits will become non-viable too since there’s not much margin for error there, but that just means better rewards for the ones who manage to figure it out and make it work.

2 Likes

CCP has clear and easy path to correct the inflation in the game, Remove Plex and Skill Injectors and FTP these are what fked the economy and got massive amounts of players to leave eve online about 3 years ago. I know you won’t solve the problem correctly because Plex and Skill Injectors are CCP P2W money makers. NO way Pearl Abyss would allow CCP to ditch them… So lets be real this isn’t about fixing the problem its about draining the wealth out of the game so you can drain the player-base real world wallets again. correcting the abunance of wealth in-game without correcting the factors thats caused it #1 PLEX and #2 SKILL INJECTORS it will just happen agian. So unless you are removing those two as part of this “plan” please just STFU now CCP.

by the time your done with capital ships a gang of five T1 frigates piloted by alpha clone players will be able to kill them in 20 mins or less.

If global income is presented as a line (below), it can be seen that there is an equilibrium range (changes slowly) where there’s a healthy state, and at the moment, it is much too far to the right on this line (higher income).

HealthyStateGraph EN

Waiting longer to address this imbalance will mean a worsening of the situation. Therefore, a bold plan is being put in motion so that even more drastic measures are not required in the future.

The three phases of that plan and their respective goals in the Resource Distribution process are as follows:

1. Shortage Phase

The main goal of the Shortage Phase is to get the economy to the left side of the “Healthy State” on the income line. Even though it is a moving target, there is confidence that the data and tools to evaluate the situation (and then move on to the second phase) are in-hand.

2. Redistribution Phase

In this phase, the location of the Healthy Range limits will be declared, and then the necessary changes to place the income within that range will be made. As it is not a static state, there are many moving parts and attributes that establish this range and their relative contribution.

3. Dynamic Distribution Phase

With the findings of the Redistribution Phase, it will be possible to create a dynamic system that self-regulates and adjusts accordingly, based on player inputs and universe outputs.

3 Likes

Global economic crisis together with this disastrous patch will soon nerf CCP income…

6 Likes

Learn your history.
Plex was introduced a great many years ago now to combat gold sellers and it has done so with reasonable success.

4 Likes

the response on the real forum (r/eve) has been very supportive, this forum is pretty much only used by noobs that dont know how to google that want to complain about something.

This is a terrible idea. Your ruining solo play because you want to balance blob country. All solo ships are far more garbage now aside from higher damage. All your promoting is making all ships easier to destroy, and ruining, absolutely DECIMATING solo play even worse than you already have with all your other crap changes. If you want to alienate whats left of your solo player community, your doing a great job.

8 Likes