Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

I never indicated I was leaving. PvE has been progressively crippled over a number of years. Bounties and mission rewards immediately come to mind. Outside of chaining burners and a few other niche methods which I won’t go into, there is barely a reason to even do NPC missions. I play Eve because I love the sandbox. We have absolutely the worst in class PvE and instead of it getting better it continually gets worse. Systems are introduced (cosmos, epic arcs) and then never get iterated on, fixed, or expanded. It really isn’t about the money, it’s the fact that there is this entire element of the game that gets neglected time and again in the name of large scale PvP.

This isn’t an Eve is dying post, but my point is that when people stop mining and missioning, industrializing and doing those activities that are so despised, we are all going to wonder why everything above t1 ships and modules are ridiculously overpriced and under stocked. Why should I farm pirate LP when my risk is even greater now than it already was?

1 Like

As far as pve goes you always want to max dps and application and only bring enough tank to get the job done to max your isk/hr. so with the changes some pve ships will actually come out better. Gila getting a nerf, and Rattlesnake getting a very slight nerf (+10% shield EHP also means +10% shield EHP regen), not a problem imo people crying out for that for years, at the same time some old pve favorites might be resurrected: Marauders are getting the t1 bs buff to hp and lock time, they also mostly use close range ammo so damage buff will help them too, machariels are the best ship for blitzing L4’s and they got a buff to dps, tank, and lock times. It’s swings and roundabouts, so you might have to do some theorycrafting and train into a new fit but that’s part of the game.

The kind of pvp i enjoy: small and cheap isn’t much affected by the resist mod nerf since we generally don’t fit resist mods for frig/dessie pvp, apart from maybe dcu. Some fun as hell solo fits even got a nice dps buff: hecate, merlin, kestrel etc.

I know some people are more negatively impacted: the high end pvp and pve crowds that use bling fits but i’m poor and i don’t like those people so meh.

1 Like

I’m more amused by the fact you replied on a different char, noticed your mistake, deleted that post and reposted on the original char :smiley: good work!

And like I stated in the first paragraph of my response to you, this won’t happen. Prices may rise (and fall, and rise, and fall) but people won’t ever stop mining and missioning and doing industry. If/when the people who only do these things decide it’s all simply to hard and leave, the people who do these things and other things will pick up the slack (and make more isk due to the price rises on everything). Until the prices fall again, and then they’ll just do the other things they enjoy. I believe the economic term for this is “supply & demand”.

So what’s the reason you have to do burner missions (and the few other niche methods you won’t go into)? If it’s only to make isk so you can get omega time, so you can run missions so you can get more omega time… sounds like a job to me, why would you do this in a game?

See this ^^^ it really seems like that’s what you’re doing, and as is obvious to me now, you don’t see the difference. Best of luck moving forward.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Interceptors dont fit any of the mods effected by the change

1 Like

They should have just removed strip miners from the game…

I just unsubbed 5 accounts for like the fifth time to protest poorly thought out changes…

1 Like

Nothing of value was lost.

1 Like

if you need to bump a ship for longer than 2 minutes to gank it, you are doing soemthing so wrong I wonder if you are even talking about eve online still lol

These people don’t understand the concept of supply/demand and opportunity costs, and never did. That’s why they suck roids in 0.7 space and run L4s in their Ravens. They will never understand that these changes actually directly benefit them, if they play smartly, by taking out their competition. And they will never know that until they came along and dropped the price of Isogen from 140 ISK down to 20, we, the “mean griefers”, actually ran our own mining ops in low and null. Except we were willing and able to defend ourselves.

They think that if they pack up their toys and go home, the last joke will be on us as the markets become COVID-empty, and we’re going to be sitting in our last remaining battlecruisers like a divorced husband in a home pending foreclosure, trying to decide whether we should thaw the last pack of hot-dogs now, or save them for later, when we’re even more hungry.

Never gonna happen. We can mine and make our own stuff, thanks. And we would be doing it today, if you didn’t turn industry into EVE’s analogue of a Bangladeshi sweatshop.

Seriously, I haven’t seen an Omber asteroid in years. I’ve seen them less times in the past decade than actual naked girls, and that’s saying a lot.

3 Likes

First step to fix isk glut, remove all bounties from NPCs, second step, collect tears as null sec can no longer make free isk

so just stop nerfing ■■■■ CCP and take the smart way out

2 Likes

Brawler focus but not affecting rocket, HAM or torp T2 damage?

1 Like

Two pith As will be worse than two gist Cs are now, and obviously vastly more expensive, even now

Not inclined to go over 1400+ replies to see if this has been answered, but… Am I reading things right that Damage Controles and Reactive Armor Hardeners are not nerfed?

Yes…

Last time I’ve heard, the missiles were named with [Damage Type] RAGE [Missile Type], where Damage type is e.g. Nova and missile type is one of the values: Rocket, Torpedo, XL Torpedo, …

Which means that the “RAGE” missiles will be affected too.

2 Likes

Do not speak for others. Thanks

3 Likes

Why not?

Read this thread…

This alone proves i’m absolutely right…

1 Like

In every major update of EVE, peaple are ragging , threating to leave the game, and few month after that we keep seeing those peaple playing Eve.

• after multiple rework of carrier ( sig nerf, dmg nerf, sensor nerf ) lots of player were crying saying carriers and mothership are dead…
  • after nerfing rorqual, lots of miner were crying saying rorquals are dead…
  • after athanor update available for HS, all null sec player said null sec mining is dead…
  • After T3 rework, everybody said no one will play T3 anymore…
    and the list is very long

Update after update everybody is crying but as always peaple adapte and continue to play.

2 Likes

They want to cripple pve :]. they are going for scarcity so this patch is 2 birds with 1 stone, increasing ship deaths in pvp and reducing supply of everything in pve combat related in 1 go, obviously some pve players are smart enough to find alternate ways of farming eventually in like 1 month or so but still the clear speed of these sites would have dropped as they where probably already using the most time efficient method which in itself is intended in this change.

With reference to this thread: EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

My guess is that all sites that where bearly tankable will be sniped after this.

2 Likes