Surviving gankers

Doesn’t make it an actual hard and fast rule, you’re making it sound like CCP is going to punish anyone who can manage to tab through 5 clients in a single server tick lol

CCP won’t verify anything to you, any reports of other players are processed without any details being supplied to the person who reported them

1 Like

N+1 says no… If a freighter can’t survive an attack how do you expect to in a mining ship?

Your best option to surviving a gank is to avoid it in the first place. Add all these groups as -10 standings and have local open all the time and watch it. As soon as you see one of these low life’s enter system warp out. Keep moving systems until you find a quite one where your not getting disturbed and mine your merry heart out their and don’t forget… always watch local.

Also you can make these low life’s work for their fun, combine your mining with level four missions and mine the roids that spawn in the missions. In this case they will have to use probes to find you and my guess is they are ether too lazy or gormless to find you.

CCP will check it, is that so hard to understand? How many times do I have to say that they will check it for you to get that.

Except that this is not always true, I have one case where I was effectively told that it was malfeasance, but it did involve a GM getting it wrong at the start.

They will check it, then file it in the recycle bin, 6 people shooting you isn’t anywhere near enough of a flag for them to really care about

Yeah i’m going with it more being a language barrier, policy is that due to privacy they aren’t allowed to disclose any actions taken, so i’m going to call BS, and i’ve reported more than my fair share of things that were obviously against the rule and obviously punished over the last 17 years to know how the process works

2 Likes

Except that they do check it.

You can say it is bullshite, but I can tell you that due to it initially being called wrong by the first GM that I got to know that it was in fact treated as an exploit. You are so sure and yet so wrong.

Yes, i said they would check it, but then file it accordingly, i mean given that you’re having issues understanding the first 4 words that you quoted…

Sure i can, and knowing how the system works and how you very clearly don’t read what other people type as evidenced by the reply just above this quote, i’m going to say this seems more like a Layer 8 issue :wink:

1 Like

You seem a bit upset, calm down. It is checked because it is cheating. I don’t know why you want to discourage people from reporting potential cheating, are you cheating like this perhaps?

I repeat, it is not always the case, not every case is easy to understand for the GM’s, especially the junior ones and once it gets raised then it becomes a bit more obvious. But continue to think it applies 100%, no skin off my nose.

But about time to end this, it is rather off topic…

False reporting is the best way to get CCP to ignore you.

1 Like

Does it have to be targeted at a specific ship?
Or does it effect everything with in burst range?

The problems with a Higgs are:

Difficult to maneuver from the warp in spot to a rock.
Difficult to move from rock to rock.
You’re always moving so eventually you have to realign the other way back.

It’s an AOE and it’s not really a good idea, more of a “well I’m in this situation now, might as well try”. The thing is of course that if you’re not so afk that you would be able to click it then you’d probably also be not so afk to avoid it all in the first place. Which is the best defence.

Create a bookmark 150+km away from the belt (generally above is easiest). Once your asteroids have vanished and none are in range warp to that BM and then warp onto new asteroids.

Yes but that is only a short moment, a small percentage of the total time “exposed”.

2 Likes

Where ever you are in hisec, expect to need to hold out 25-30 seconds for Concord to spawn and destroy the attackers.

Don’t know if that’s possible anymore in the new nerfed Procurers. :sleepy:

It was never possible to always hold out until CONCORD arrives; if the other party brings enough ships and dps they can pretty much always kill you no matter your defences.

The question is: can they do it profitably?

As a T2 Procurer doesn’t drop much of value, even with the reduced EHP I doubt it’s profitable to kill one. But someone who ganks for profit may be able to give more insight on that.

While I’m no ganking expert, I do know my way around with numbers and zkillboard, so let me grab some numbers:

Recent gank on Procurer shows a 80 million ISK Procurer loss, done by 4 catalysts. The loot seems better than usual, as the ship didn’t only drop part of the equipped modules, but had a mobile tractor unit and spare mining modules in cargo. 22 million ISK could be looted.

4 catalysts. A ganking catalyst is worth about 14 million ISK according to Zkillboard, of which between 4-6.5 million ISK seems to drop as loot once CONCORD is done with them.

In this example:
4x catalyst = 56 million ISK loss
1x looted Procurer = 22 million ISK gain
4x looted dead catalyst = 20 million ISK gain

Net gain: -8 million ISK

As you can see, even in the case of a better than usual Procurer loot drop because of unnecessary items in cargo, it is unprofitable to kill one and the gankers lost value to kill it. So keep your value low, EHP high and you’ll be absolutely safe from profitable* ganks.

*It’s always possible that you can get ganked unprofitably.

3 Likes

Flashy red is flashy red.

If you are podded you are not flashy red.

Good for them. No gankbear tears then.

The staging ship will go flashy as harboring a criminal is criminal behavior.

Thank you for your opinion.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s almost as if you have zero experience whatsoever actually playing this game, and have no idea how common game mechanics work. :thinking:

3 Likes

Do not try and bend the mechanics. That’s impossible. Instead, only realize the truth… There are no mechanics. Then you will see that it’s not the mechanics that bend, it is yourself.

Another movie quote?

Gonna do you a real solid and say that recursive responses are a pretty telling psychological sign that a person is upset. Kind of like yelling out “U MAD?” every time a person says something. Pretty much everyone reading that stuff is going to be shaking their head in shame, outside of one or two of your forum bosom buddies.

You should go read up on criminal aggression mechanics instead, before you leave a big public record of your lack of knowledge about how this game works anywhere outside of a station.

You’ve been living in a dream world, destiny.

You have to take ganking as a whole, the loss leader of miner ship ganking is well and truly covered by the ganking of freighters, Jump freighters and other transport ships, let alone Marauders and other mission boats.