[SWA] Research and Species Recovery Mission

MEGACORP RETREAT DASHES HOPES FOR FURTHER OFFICIAL EVACUATIONS FROM KOMO, NALVULA AND SAKENTA SYSTEMS

Source: The Scope

Saisieni,

Like many of my compatriots, I was saddened to read the news on the latest broadcast from The Scope. The tragedy of human lives lost and of those left behind is a heavy blow that I cannot hope to make right as an individual pilot. However, many of the affected worlds in Komo, Nalvula, and Sakenta have beautiful environments and indigenous species of flora, fauna, and fungi that are part of the heritage of the State and its citizens. I believe we should do what we can to preserve that natural heritage.

While I am sure many if not all of the defense-related research in these systems have been secured by the Caldari Navy or corporate defense arms, unclassified zoological and botanical research may have been left behind either by necessity or oversight. To help recover what we can, I have contracted a small team of marines and scientists to deploy to abandoned public universities, research institutions, libraries, nature reserves and—if we can locate them—seed vaults.

Imgur

Our primary mission is to secure samples of species native to affected worlds, mapped genomic information for said species, and any ongoing research data involving said species. Anything this mission secures will be turned over to the State War Academy Headquarters in Kisogo at the earliest possible opportunity.

Our secondary mission is to provide boosted communications routers to researchers who may have been left behind by evacuation efforts. Using mobile depots as platforms above planets and with multiple mobile depots in each system of Komo, Nalvula, and Sakenta equipped with Broadcast Nodes, we hope that any scientists and researchers who remain on affected worlds will be able to transfer their research results and data through this emergency network to preserve their legacy. In light of EDENCOM’s current standing orders, I cannot guarantee that these mobile depots will remain operational for very long, so I encourage any who can to make use of the services as soon as possible.

I am sorry that I do not have the resources to evacuate those who were left behind. I hope that in a small way, a portion of the natural heritages of these systems can be saved for future generations and future scientific endeavors. If even a single indigenous species or genome is saved, I will consider this mission a success.

Saukkovaichuio!

13 Likes

Status Update: We have concluded retrieval operations to abide by EDENCOM’s standing orders and we were happy to be greeted by the regular navy upon exiting Komo. Fortunately, our operations were not severely impacted by the intermittent disruptions in the gate network throughout the last cycle. As stated above, everything we have secured will be transferred over to the State War Academy in Kisogo. Broadacast Relay mobile depots will remain active for as long as possible but we will not be conducting any further active operations.

1 Like

Those of us who have received recent instructions to support coordinated search and rescue operations would be interested in learning from your experiences in Komo. Perhaps we could find a time to discuss them in the next day or so?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.