Taboo subject. Aura Voice

oh, they listen when it’s done properly. there are examples for this. problem is that the vast majority of people are sheep thinking they’re leaders while having no clue how to “get it done”, and that people tend to think of their opinions as so important, that there’s usually no united effort.

there are rules/laws/points one must obey/consider/follow, both from the perspective of the company and from the perspective of those who want Change. Examples: (and because people need to think for themselves, i mix the perspectives :))

• the ability for people to complain allows to keep most of them as customers. complaining people can release their anger and stick around anyway.
  • the worst reaction to anything is complete and utter silence. indifference means lack of emotional connection, and lack of emotional connection equals zero customers.
  • the bottom line matters.
  • as long as ■■■■ doesn’t seem to hit the fan, proceed silently.
  • division among people is great for business, and bad for the people.
  • there’s always idiots believing a given reason, and they will happily do unpaid shilling for you.
  • reasons don’t matter, as they never change the outcome. what matters is the outcome, not the reason behind it.

Everyone can learn how it works, but most people think they already know. vOv

edit: accidentially a word

2 Likes

Yeah, the old Aura voice had a distinct, more mature vibe to it. And the recordings were very “dry” (no hint of the normal slight acoustic echo/ambience from a surrounding room), so they sounded a little unnatural and deep space grimdark. And when you got podded, as soon as waking up back in the station loaded, Aura would laugh at you and say “Oh, you foolish pilot!” It was kind to creepy-- especially since just a second before you were in an adrenaline-rush fight, that you lost. The chipper, chirpy new Aura voice kind of changed the mood of the game. (That said, I myself don’t even notice the Aura voice anymore).

Reading for some people is hard. Especially when they try to make their point, drop it by doing what they were complaining about, then angrily trying to bait with random flails at things they know nothing about.

Itll be for business reasons, and nothing else.

2 Likes

Thats the most sexualized image I found about Aura.

Looks like there is some taboo indeed.

1 Like

I think perhaps some of the subtleties of the discussion are lost on you.

Well, not even the subtleties, you missed the whole point really. I am not the one saying there is something wrong with Aura having the voice she has now.

See this is horribly confused.

You’ve taken half of my point and half of the OPs point and merged it into one completely incoherent point. I was stating that the EVE playerbase is ‘a social group of normal, sexually active adults’ while HE was implying that they are ‘some kind of perverts and horrible despicable creatures’

I was replying specifically to:

You are missing what this statement is trying to say about the EVE playerbase.

Perhaps in your case what the OP is implying fits?

You seem a bit worked up. I am sorry if you are a 16 year old horny boy and I have offended you.

3 Likes

I think Aura is not sexy enough by being blue transparent hologram of a bald head.

1 Like

you mean the hologram needs blue transparent diadem and scarf?

1 Like

I was thinking about being the role model for this hologram. Voice can stay.

1 Like

Eeehhhhh…

1 Like

lol … okay, I’m not even going there … lets pretend :rofl:

2 Likes

okay I did a YouTube search and anything on old Aura voice I could come up with was one Video have to say that the difference I note seems to be related to reverb (the old voice Sounds like inside a big room) while the new one accentuates more noticable.
The older version sounds more aloof.

Well that is my take on the whole with the little bit of sound knowledge - near to nothing - I have.

4 Likes

She sounds depressed / drugged.

Shades of Marvin the Paranoid Android.

Did she make EVE players of the past want to kill themselves?

Oh thank you! When the old Aura announced “The Capacitor Is Empty” it sends chills down my spine!

As already said, its seriously really simple. The Actress who they hired in 2003 to record the voice was no longer available to come in and redo the voice. They wanted to make upgrades to the NPE based on research into how to get people to actually play, if you listen to CCP Ghost presentations you will understand. In order to do this, they needed more diaglog from Aura. When the original actress is not available, they hired a new one and recorded new dialog, then they most likely realized the two voices were not compatible or would cause confusion or some other crap, so the re did them all. The old voice is not coming back, much like in your fav tv shows when they recast someone, ■■■■ happens. Deal with it.

1 Like

From a professional point of view, all voice actors/actresses do their work under direction from producers. The tone of Caroline’s voice (the original ‘Aura’) was of course her own. However, the dead-pan delivery is pure direction. It is in the ‘vision’ of the person who commissions the work, faithfully transmitted to the actress, who must deliver the goods. She was very good, wasn’t she?

The new ‘Aura’ will have worked under similar conditions. If the results seem to some to be lacking (I don’t think they are, given the purpose of the work), the fault rests squarely with the person who devised the tone and the one tasked with communicating that to the actress and ensuring compliance.

Don’t blame the actress!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.