Taranis needs a heavy fighter bay

So interceptors are nice ships and stuff and they are only a “little” bit out of whack.

Let’s take a look at the combat abilities of interceptors:

• Malediction: nice rocket damage bonus bring this unstoppable ship to 94.8 dps

• Crusader: typical Amarr laser boat. 184.7 dps (can fit one heatsink), using small dual pulse lazors and the I-don’t want-to-hurt-you conflagration s.

• Crow: shares a rocket bonus with the Malediction and gets 94.8 dps also

• Raptor: Caldari turret boat. One barely fitable magstab puts 125mm railguns to 115.1 dps or ludacris range (36/42 km). A blaster fit brings this unbelievable monstrosity to 196.4 dps, using light neutron blaster II’s and void.

Now, let’s take a look at the Gallente ones:

• Ares: Gallente turret boat. Light ion blaster II’s and void give this little bugger 119.9 dps.

• (I-WILL-DESTROY-YOU-muahahahahaha) Taranis: 2x Magstabs (yes you can fit that without implants) and 3 light neutron blaster II’s loading void s, in an interceptor class ship that is designed to intercept, and accompanied by yours truly reliable hobgoblins give this poor frigate only 320.8 dps.

I would suggest giving the Taranis a heavy fighter bay and 5x heavy fighter launch tubes to put them heavy fighters in and of course 100% fitting bonus for the boson IMA-WRECK-YOU- generator, since it is clearly the weakest of them all.

4 Likes

Haha semi-nice one

wow. close range weapon system have highest close-range DPS. who would have thought. blew my mind.

Oh it gets worse (480dps w/ heat):

[Taranis, Bipolar]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II

Polarized Light Neutron Blaster, Void S

Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Hobgoblin II x2

Nuuuuu!

Augmented hobs!

Oh, and navy stabs!

Of course it’s easier to dock with the enemy ship and use a knife on it’s pilot than to actually shoot them with those blasters in combat, but yeah, they are mean.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.