Team Security: Rules and Policy Clarifications

ALT SHIFT TAB (goes to the least recent window). Extra mouse buttons are handy, too.

Is there also something beeing done against chat/spambots in Jitalocal posting hypernets and referral links 24/7?

1 Like

Absolutely! We welcome questions. Well, most of them :smiley:
Using alpha accounts at once is a no no and is bannable indeed. We also can see it very clearly and those cases are never a grey area, since it’s just… well, very obvious in most cases.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised, but it’s not always a bot posting those links. Some have very much human input. I think it might seem for many people that there is a lot of bots in chats, since Jita is being Jita.
Of course, some edge cases are investigated, our brave ISDs are actually reporting lots of them and pick them up on their watchful radar.

2 Likes

Make sure you run and work them up now before they realise this thread exists.

Thatll teach em.

Is it considered manual if I am on a Mac and just shout ‘Siri, Push F1’ to a wall of computers?

Only the bad bots are noticeable.

Yet someone was able to write a bot to run a carrier, not a sentry drone carrier from a decade ago, but a fully automated fighter controlling bot-o-matic. There are some very smart devs out there in the automated testing space that would do this just to prove that they can.

Who cares? Its spam, pure and simple. If the chat is not going to be in a slow mode, just disable Jita local and do everyone a favour.

Like if 1000 monkeys are in front of 1000 computers playing EVE, will they one day build a titan?

1 Like

Yes. And they will even get some monkeys on the CSM.

1 Like

that is really a suggestion worth talking about among the dev-team.

Local chat should have defninitely some kind of spam prevention, like a slow-mode / link-delay. There are interesting concepts out there, like an increased delay for each new message if you send more than x every y seconds. and triple delay for links of any kind :slight_smile:

if you really need to share important links, intel whatever in rapid succession, anyone can do it in private channels, in local it’s really just 99% spam that makes real conversations almost impossible.

1 Like

Those are extremely specific scenarios. To be honest, I have not seen any of those while being in Team Sec, but it also does not mean that it has never happened. It’s just wasn’t part of my experience and part of what I do, that’s all.
We try to look at problems en messe, simply because it’s more efficient. It does not mean that we don’t discuss edge cases, but they are edge cases for a reason.

1 Like

The statement regarding bots sounds like a lie. I have uncovered multiple bots and helped to uncover bots in the past, but only some of them have been removed so far and the GM responses literally sounded like bot responses themselves. Bots fighting bots, good luck with that, I certainly won’t go after them anymore.

There was a dude who was not running any third party programs as confirmed by the GMs and senior GMs. He was running an AFK ishtar in belts officer hunting, and he got banned by the GMs.

TL;DR: GMs, including @GM_Aisling, cannot detect the hordes of Ishtar bots and WH roach bots if their lives depended on it. Hell, look at the video from the dude who was watching the Jita ganker bots. I reported those ■■■■■■■ multiple times since 2013, but CCP completely refused to do even the barest of ■■■■■■■ investigation…

but god help you if you lend money to other people in this game. They’ll come down on you harder than a KGB agent on a US spy!

No need. They’re employed in Iceland as the upper level of management, @CCP_Aurora excluded.

As mentioned on Fanfest and in previous Team Security Dev Blog, we are working hard to take all the bots down. It is possible that we have missed some or it is possible that what players think is a bot, is actually not. We have changed our approach regarding account suspensions for botting, now we really make sure that the player is guilty and only after that we swing our ban hammer.

There are multiple tools and logs to our disposal, yes they are not perfect but we are working constantly on it to improve them, but they for sure offer more information to us rather what players see in EVE Online.

Please submit more reports via Support Ticket about any suspicious behavior and we will investigate it and take action where it is necessary.

Yes. There are some types of game play that allow the drone ships to farm AFK. Those are the Vexors, Ishtars and Gilas. They are very much liked for a nearly AFK farming.

But again, there is nothing wrong with that, apart of the fact that this is also very much favorite setup to run bots on them. We investigate each and every case and only after that we swing the ban hammer.

Yes, sometimes it causes false positive bans, but when a ticket is submitted we re-investigate the situation and yes we do lift bans and do apologize for the false positive ban. Somehow this fact does not get the attention of the player community, that we do lift bans for false positive bans and do compensate the time that the accounts were suspended.

Regarding the Jita loot bots, this situation was investigated multiple times this year by multiple eyes and it did not yield any results. The allegations that were mentioned in the said videos did not hold ground when we investigated them.

This again shows, that what players think that this must be clearly a bot, does not hold any ground when looking at the logs and the information we have available. Plus we did work closely with the accused players and have requested from them to provide us with proof of a specific situation that we saw in the logs. And they did, explained the situation and provided proof that we then cross checked with the information we have available.

The focus of Team Security for the last year was and still is, to remove botting from EVE Online, to stop account hacking, to make a dent in RMT supply chain and eliminate credit card fraud and we are working very hard on it but before we take action, we are making sure that we have the right guys, that we are banning players and suspending accounts that are in violation of our TOS and EULA.

If account was banned, then there is something in the data that we saw that forced us to take action. In nearly all cases that is justified but sometimes here and there a false positive slips through and we do listen to the accused players and we do lift bans if the explanation is provided that fits what we saw in the data.

3 Likes

Will there ever be a permanent solution to trade hub spamming?

1 Like

It is not something that Team Security planned, but other teams might have discussed it, I am not sure about that.

• 1st offence: 3-day ban and certain limitations for the account.
  • 2nd offence: permanent ban.

Oh this is great, then if I undock my BOT hulk fleet to clean all these juicy ice belts… and CCP finds me… I only get a 3 days ban!

RMT, here I go.

Man, I live in Indonesia. You are not stoping me from RMT in order to feed my kids. I just change my IP and thats all. It is EVE or the sulfure mines. The highsec miners have to keep getting their cheap PLEX dealer :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Haha, good try with the Indonesia trolling. But it would be a shame to ban so many accounts, if you know what I mean :wink:

2 Likes

@GM_Stinger @GM_Aisling ty for taking the time to answer and respond.

3 Likes