Tech 3 Expansion - What ship classes do you want to see?

The existing T3s are variable in some kind of gameplay, so this should apply to new T3

like…
T3 Freighter

• Install a Jump Drive ? a fleet hangar (Like a jumping Bowhead) or a frighter sized Miasmos ? Or a super tanky Freighter w/o a jumpdrive ?
    A extended Freighter hangar for 2m m³ ?
    Please no super JF with a 1m m³ fleet hangar - but a special hangar for ore/moongoo/PI/corpses (as faction) in this size in a JF would make sense.

T3 Miner - What´s your load ?
Travel fast, when your Ore-Hangar is empty, be tanky but slow when your ship is full.
Some kind of automatic switching. Like flying a venture into a field and coming out with an Orca.

T3 Battleships
No idea - the standard (up to to T2) can have abilities like siege (marauder) bridge (covert ops) - but I don´t want any T3 system on a base of changeable modules (like the cruisers, see my mining idea).
Maybe T3 Guns, which switch between high angle and high damage, based on the signature size. Might be overpowered.
Marauder and Dreadnoughts are too close together to put anythink working in between.

T3 Frigates
Maybe like the destroyer - switch modes - maybe different bonuses
The assault capabilities might have been a good T3 idea, like going in assault mode - but they are now a lowslot module. But you could extend this to new ideas like “avoid” (break all locks, gives you a 6sec nullify but you can´t warp for 10 sex) or something usefull for small ships. I still like the idea of a special kind of ship which doesn´t appear in local (some thing too give an alternative for cloaky camping)

T3 Titans / caps
Me should get T2 titans / capitals before this

I want T3 guns, so I finally get new gunnery skills to train…

That use golden PLEX :credit_card: ammo. :eyes:

1 Like

Tech 3 Guns that have scripts, to increase performance in certain area without downgrading the other attributes? E.g Optimal Range, Falloff, Tracking, Damage :sunglasses:

The implications of your post didn’t go over my head but in my opinion that general idea is something better done with Mutaplasmids really - maybe with a little bit of ability to influence the attributes you want i.e. say a 5% ability to take the weapon’s cap usage outside the normal Mutaplasmid range but at a penalty to one of the other attributes affected by the Mutaplasmid reducing it 5% from the max normal range (obviously not something you can adjust in the field though).

EDIT: Though from a programming perspective with the way guns work it would be a bit of a nightmare as you can’t just group guns with potentially differing attributes and having 8 guns on a ship all slightly different specification is a bit LOL. Realistically you’d have to have a system that say took 8 guns in and produced a single abyssal turret rack out that could be set to however many turret hardpoints you wanted to fill before fitting.

Jeopardy!!

The question (answer): Why are T3 destroyers not allowed in small faction warfare sites?

:bell: :bellhop_bell: :bell:

All new ships would do is displace existing ships and be hard to balance.

a super-cap from ORE which is half the size of an erebus, acts as a carrier and can launch 3 exhumers and a single orca or 5 exhumers, has slots for 2 HAW guns to fight off subcaps. you can send the ships to mine anywhere in a system and take an orca to boost or you can fly to a belt with them and give massive boosts, lets say 500% bonus to harvest rate and -500% to duration, can also compress ore, refine into minerals and be able to construct any subcap, has a 2,000,000 m3 ore hold, mineral hold, 250,000m3 fleet hangar and 5,000,000m3 ship maintenance hangar. it doesn’t disappear when you log off and can have up to 5 players docked in you at a time but then you can’t warp anywhere. basically a mobile raitaru. I feel this would be a great addition to the game and increase pvp content

A tough call… I would love to see racial T3 BC since this is a polling piece asking for opinion.

I say a tough call because it’s my opinion that the current versions of T3 cruisers are, to put bluntly - broken in many aspects - so it’s hard for me to advocate for anything new to the T3 line-up until the current T3 issues are addressed and resolved. T3 Cruisers could be so much more.

BC definitely need lots of love. It’s as if they’re the ugly red headed step child of Eve!

My -$0.02,
Lei

Ewwww, mining !

(Sorry, I’m forced to keep a tradition alive >.<)

I would like to see a TIII Mining Barge or at least a TII Orca.

2 Likes

Modular industrials.

Not exactly T3, but the same idea. Make one modular industrial for each faction. Be able to form a ship with virtually any combinations of normal or “factional” bays with any combinative size up to a half of a Freighter. The drawback for each bay should be dramatically reduced agility, up to several minutes of align time in full rack. Special commodity bays should affect agility less per cubic meter, fleet hangar should affect more. No ship hangars allowed.

1 Like

Sorta like a TIII Cruiser where you can haul Planetary commodities, command stations, ore, etc based on how you arrange the subsystems.

What about t3 logi cruisers that have reps that work better on certain races kind of like the different types of ecm. They could even be different modes so you switch modes to better repair the specific ship you are repping. Only problem I can think of is faction ships. Maybe you would combine two different rep modes to repair faction ships.

A T3 Mining Ship that uses mining lasers as I feel this module is pointless to skill into once you get the barge.

The whole reason why ECM have such a fitting is that it adds risk reward guess wrong and your ecm is less effective guess right and its more effective, but you already know what ships are going to be in your fleet so there would be no risk only reward hence why it wont work.

Good point maybe it would have to be based on something else? I just like the idea of logi having different modes.

1 Like

What about a rep module that gives a burst of 20x more rep in 1 go but your ship cant rep for 5 minutes after using it lol, to catch someone that’s really low, can have high slots -1 with normal reps and 1 of these at the end, although that technically will be similar to ancillary but more drastic.

That would be rely broken on capital ships. Imagine you have almost killed a rorq and then it suddenly fully repairs itself and not to mention the panic mode. As soon as it comes out it can fully rep itself.

1 Like

Yea I only have experience on sub caps, that does sound pretty broken.

Problem with that idea is that it can be used against you in a broken manner i.e. hostile reps you to prevent any other reps then landing for 5 minutes - same with some of the other ideas like only allowing 4 remote repairs to be applied to a ship (without a more complex implementation) someone could just apply 4 of the smallest ones to prevent proper reps landing which is just a silly mechanic.

2 Likes