Tech 3 Expansion - What ship classes do you want to see?

Going through everything logically, I think it’s like this:

T3 Frigates: Makes no sense, we already have assault frigates, this would cause too much overlap.

To expand my thoughts a little: Making T3 Frigates like the tactical destroyers would cause massive overlap with assault frigates, the poor things really don’t need this. And making T3 Frigates like strategical cruisers would make a confusing mess, since now we would have T3 Destroyers functioning differently then both larger and smaller ships.

T3 Battlecruisers: This could work. We still have some hulls free that are only used for T1-bcs, after all.

T3 Battleships: Again, we still have some hulls free to be used for this. I’m just not sure if the resulting power-creep would be good for the game.

Also, the battleships should have no covert-ops subsystem, as that would make them better than Black Ops battleships, which is ludicrous. A Black Ops subsystem, maybe?

T3 shuttles: Completely useless. The thing with shuttle is that they’re cheap and disposable. Putting fancy expensive technology into them is the worst idea since the invention of the worst idea ever.

T3 mining ships: Another complete waste of development time. There are already good mining ships for every use case, including covert-ops stealth mining ships. What would a T3-version bring to the table?

Well, not much really. If they’re good enough, they’d soon replace most (with covert-ops subsystem, even the stealth frigate) other mining ships. Gankers would love those, though! Considering how expensive those dumb T3 miners will be.

Straight up T3 mining ships sure - but IMO plenty of potential for a configurable ship that can be used for a variety of mining/exploring/hacking, etc. type stuff especially if it facilitated people playing in areas they don’t normally.

t3 cruisers that can switch between mining, exploration and combat sites would be powerful just make sure they are weaker than the specialized ships.

A few days ago I had the idea of a new type of battleship siege module that could only be used by blacktops/tech3 battleships. It works in the same manner as the bastion module for marauders, except that it affects different attributes. It would boost damage and propulsion (enabling warp while cloaked) at the expense of shields/armor, so basically a different type of bastion module, but given a different name, and one that allows blacktops/tech3 to perform their roles in devastating way :slight_smile:

So basically Bs sized stealth bombers with dread dps -_-.

Potentially, but maybe Blackops don’t need a boost when they have Polarised Weapons to give them a damage boost?..

But seriously, I would want to see a Covert Ops configuration subsystem for a Tech3 battlecruiser/battleship. It would be balanced by cost and skill requirement :slight_smile:

Sp and Cost are not balancing factors for T3 ship’s maybe if they where deadspace ships costing 20b each maybe, or maybe if you loose 1mil random sp every time one dies then yea.

If it comes with a Black Ops re-balance so Black Ops battleships can use covert ops cloaks too, sure. I’d be all for that.

Yep, I would up for a Blackops boost too :slight_smile:

This is a fun post:

I would love to see an improvement to the industrial ship tree / the ORE ship tree. For example better mining ships with much larger ore storage / the ability to add large storage mods, so that solo players can stay in the mining field and not rely on orcas for support or other things.

A phase out of the industrial command ship - i think these are redundant. Command bursts should really be a fleet ability/bonus which increases with the more players / skill level of the fleet commander or something like that - or perhaps a standalone space object/deployable that transmits command burst signals to anyone in range. This would be a lot more fun.

The ability to use specialized cynos in high-sec and the ability to fly capital industrial ships (new ones) in high-sec.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.