Tengu for wormhole site running

Thanks you. Currently I think I’m in the same case as you : I have a character for each nation, even if the Minmatar is my main, I don’t use it for PVE anymore. I have a Rupture taking dust in the hangar because I just can’t use it, and before it I was using an artillery fit Hurricane that took forever to complete a Perimeter Ambush point, and I could only do those sites because the others had to many frigates in them, which was a pain to deal with artillery (I had hobgoblins, yeah, but sleepers love to munch them). I rat in null with the gallente alt in a VNI (training it to upgrade to an Ishtard) and wormhole sites are done with the Caldari alt in a Gila. My amarr character was left behind, only training for mining stuff (currently to jump in an Endurance with T2 Ice miners). So I’ll train it to a gud amarr boater =)

I never really touched the amarr ships, so do you have any advices concerning the skills, or how to fly them please ?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by that, but at half falloff(distance = optimal + falloff/2) you still deal 90% of your DPS. which means you only have 10% miss due to range. If the target is moving with high angular you will lose accuracy but this depends on the target movement, not on the distance.

1 Like

yes, but on top of the falloff you have all the math that applies, sig, speed, tracking… range. etc. you know…

Like paper stats. they apply a lil differently in practice.

Then it depends on other parameters than the distance, in which case you can’t say “at falloff distance”. In practice you can web+grapple frigs to shoot them with big guns.

Umm well, missile / drone boats, I orbit at enough range I take little damage, as long as the missiles or drones reach. Projectiles, I keep at range or approach with a few cycles of mwd till Im in desired range. Hybrids is pretty much the same difference, approach with mwd till you apply dmg. lasers… well lasers give you more room, provided you are using the right size turret and ammo for said range. These you can literally warp in site, sit there, shoot stuff, and warp out when done… depending on site, if npc spawns are greater distance away, etc. you may need to mwd or coast into range. but what I missed all this time, was the optimal range on lasers … and taking full advantage of that. IDK why I thought minmatar guns were “better” other than dmg type, they dont use cap… but I was misled and or mistaken. Either way,

train cybernetics lv 4. lv 5 for if you want to do a long train on that account for that char… get plus 4 or 5 implants for the four main attributes, leaving charisma empty… and remap for one or the other, Intelligence and Memory or Perception and Willower. Once you max the primary attribute out, then max the secondary out. give no extra points to the other attributes at this time, then train all those applicable skills… so like tank, engineering, navigation, etc etc… then the guns and ship skills… which ever way you choose, Id say get the implants and max your attributes and stick with the skill plan. :slight_smile:

all you need is the requisites and id train everything to lv 4 or 5. :slight_smile:

med pulse specialization should be lv 4… strategic cruiser lv 4, etc… you should have max cap, tank, gunner skills… and all the subsystem skills that apply, lv 5 them too. Its only 4 days each iirc and they help a lot. Id also get biology skill, and the relatable toxin recovery skills for boosters… :slight_smile:

This is what I use in null sec for ratting now :slight_smile: when I get to that is.

[Legion, 1]
Legion Core - Augmented Antimatter Reactor_2
Legion Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration_2
Legion Offensive - Liquid Crystal Magnifiers_2
Legion Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers_2

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II_2
Core Probe Launcher II_2, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Heavy Pulse Laser II_2, Scorch M

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery_2
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive_1

Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer_2
Core X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener_2
Core X-Type Armor EM Hardener_2
Heat Sink II_2
Heat Sink II_2
Heat Sink II_2

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II_2
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I_2

for stain region…

and any other I may use this…

[Legion, 2]
Legion Core - Augmented Antimatter Reactor_2
Legion Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration_2
Legion Offensive - Liquid Crystal Magnifiers_2
Legion Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers_2

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II_2
Core Probe Launcher II_2, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Heavy Pulse Laser II_2, Conflagration M

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery_2
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive_1

Corpum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane_2
Corpum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane_2
Heat Sink II_2
Heat Sink II_2
Heat Sink II_2

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I_2

I mean all those "your autocanoons miss XYZ " messages, when you fire at almost still NPC BS at just about 2x optimal range. Practise, you know…

Most likely your own speed is thus screwing your tracking. My mach one shots most cruisers at half falloff range, but for this I need to be still.

I repeat myself, at half falloff you only have a reduction of 10% in your total DPS, due to missing. If you are moving however this may increase the target’s angular (remember the game takes the instant speed, so if you orbit it actually considers you as moving in a straight line every second)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.