Testing Result for Beta EVE Launcher

Got 1931755 also today and no issues for me too.

Set to beta, download and restart. About → Version = 1931755.

Arch Linux & wine-staging 6.15-1.

Seems ok.

Does doing this set to beta affect the regular version?

It affects the launcher only.

Sorry, but I mean, does it affect the regular launcher if I go into the beta launcher? If I have troubles with the beta launcher… can I still go back to the regular launcher I had prior to the change?

You can go back, if you follow this prior doing the update:

Ah yes, I tried this for Lutris, but it didnt work. Everytime it updates Im forced to make a new installation with the latest Lutris installer that can do dxvk and esync, and that is provided by Lutris or part of the GUI. I havent tried backing up the Linux launcher, but I already have older evelauncher folders that I could use, if it breaks.

Got launcher version 1938125 and it is working nicely for me.

1 Like

Dear Meditril !

Please the newest linux launcher write link. Thanks.

Someone know if there was a new beta update in these days? I was able to play the game with no problem with protonGE 6.16 until today. I had the beta option activated so i think that this happens because of a new beta version being tested i guess.

I don‘t know the link, as it came via the auto update functionality of the launcher with the use Beta option enabled.

./evelauncher.sh --enabled-beta ?

./evelauncher.sh --enabled-beta ?

The format correct?

In the launcher were it says version type i changed it from release to beta, I’m not sure what you are talking about, i only click play in the steam app. But today it’s working again i don’t know why, the only thing i did was reinstall the game but it was yesterday and it didn’t fixed the problem yesterday, but today it’s working again with Proton-6.16-GE-1.

1 Like

Last night after I was already in game I set the launcher to use the beta launcher…
Today launcher doesn’t start up all the way. Just shows the CCP splash, and then nothing.
Kind of annoying…can’t even turn it back because it doesn’t get far enough.
Swapped to all versions of proton, back to 5.0-13 or whatever the old version is.
Guess I won’t be mining while I telework today. Hopefully I can figure it out later this evening when I can dedicate time to it.
Mint with steam.

Use Proton-6.16-GE-1. Tutorial on how to install Glorious Egg. I dont think that the official proton versions will work anymore until they update to wine 6.14 or 6.16.
There is a problem with glorious egg, if the game is windowed it will get the wrong position of the cursor but it works fine in fullscreen. The best option to play eve in linux right now is using lutris with wine staging, just install the lutris version and in the runner options inside lutris change the wine version to wine staging (make sure you have wine staging installed in your system). You can use this command in the terminal to install wine staging in ubuntu based distros: sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-staging

lutris-ge-lol-6.16-2 version removed the mouse issue that was seen in the ge-1 version.

I have had issues logging into SiSi unfortunately in the past couple of days.

If I select sisy, the client doesn’t start at all, is that what you mean with that?
Or does it sometimes work for you?

If I select sisy, the client doesn’t start at all, is that what you mean with that?

Yep, this is what I mean.

I try to get the client to start my accounts to load on SiSi, and they seem to start up. That is, the play button stays turns to stop, and the CPU starts to ramps up and behaves accordingly as if it were trying to start the client. No Errors pop up.

However, I don’t get the window with the character choice window so I can log into the game on SiSi.

TQ is working fine at the moment for me.

yep. same here.
Very weird. I don’t think I ever had that problem before.