Thank you for making EvE Online CCP

I often hear a lot of negative things in the forums like “CCP totally ruined this game” or “CCP made me quit EvE.” It is disappointing to hear such negative comments all the time. I wanted to take a moment and just say THANK YOU CCP FOR MAKING THIS AMAZING GAME! I never thought I would enjoy a video game this much. The only thing I don’t like about it is I can’t stop playing (and I’ve tried!). Amazing Job CCP!

18 Likes

Nice thread, +1 to the OP.

Most players who post about negative issues in this game do so because they care about it and want the game to get better. The only way for the game to get better is for us players to let CCP know what’s wrong, then it’s up to CCP to fix it.

5 Likes

Thanks for making EvE Online native for Linux!.. in advance

1 Like

Thank you Andos Inkunen for making this thread.

2 Likes

How much do we have to pay to get a native Linux client? Give us a figure CCP.

EVE may have it’s flaws, but it is one of the best games I’ve played, and I’ve played a lot of games.

6 Likes

Take a gander at what Firefall game could have been, sad day when that imploded. It was one beautiful game, destroyed by the company.

Opinion is divided. Thats to be expected.

But I will stay with mine and blame CCP. :psyccp:

1 Like

Like @DeMichael_Crimson said “+1 to the OP”.

I first started playing some 13 years ago when a RL friend of mine, known in the game as Trinity Blueclaw mentioned the game in passing to me. We were both fans of Star Trek and most science fiction and so it was a good fit.

For around a year after getting an account I did very little, for one reason or another, but I then started playing, pretty casually at first, and then increasingly seriously which multiplied over time.

For six years I flew with The Mighty, (my friend’s corp). I learnt a hell of a lot and got buckets of help, and new ships when I lost them (even when it was my own damn silly fault) from some amazing pilots - Rauwen and Xopher were two of the best corp mates I’ve ever had in EVE to this day.

Long story cut short, in the time that I’ve played, I’ve met some amazingly great pilots over the years - here’s looking at you Debbie Pahineh, Sid Jacobson, @Tovanis, Kalynn Shardani and Jennifer en Marland - and I’m now a CEO, of Nul-Bridge Industrial Technologies if you’re curious (and, yes we are recruiting if mining, PI, industry and PvE is your thing) I build ships, I sell stuff that I and my corp makes, and I literally can’t imagine my life without EVE in it.

It is truly an awesome game and, to echo sentiments of the OP …

:mouse:

5 Likes

Once CCP gives me reason to stop posting primarily negativity about EVE, I will stop. If CCP had more developers like Karkur and fewer like Rattati and people like Hillmar who push this ship in the wrong direction, this would happen sooner than later. There is lots of potential in EVE for more amazing and engaging gameplay experience and it pains me that CCP does not go for them.

3 Likes

:kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

But considering how much mental (and even physical) anguish this game has caused to people, wouldn’t it have been a net positive for humanity if it never got made? :thinking:

2 Likes

50k avg and growing. Now were lucky to break 30k…

How much CCP pay you to write fake reviews?

2 Likes

I’ve only been playing around 3 years.
I came from WoW and decided I wanted a more complex game where players can actually change the landscape. I saw an ad for EvE, and I didn’t think much of it. Then I saw there werent a lot of other options for complex space games, so I gave EvE another look.
I’m glad I did. I’ve met some great people here, and spent a Lot of time. Personally, it’s saved me from myself, and given me goals. Some people might think it’s stupid that a video game could give a person direction in life, but it has.
I’ve got a lot of problems in my life, but the complexity gives me stuff to think about even when i’m not online. The community gives me the positivity to keep going, and the rewards and sense of accomplishment give me some much needed pride.
I’ve only recently come to the forums, and even with the negativity that is sometimes on display here, the community is a sampling of good people. A lot of intelligence in the player base, and a lot in the creators and moderators.
Afterall, they built the galaxy we all enjoy (to varying degrees, it seems).

4 Likes

Little known fact, CCP made Eve in order to harvest our adrenalchrome.

1 Like

I used to play games as a kid, but stopped when I got into drinking, fighting, and fornicating. Then when I sobered up, u had no clue what to do with my free time. All friends either still in addiction,or married with children. No hobbies, no interests (aside from fornication and self destructive behaviors). For some reason, i started playing games again. Obviously, nothing is more important than working a program of recovery, but I think video games help keep me sober. Naturally, Eve has played a role in that.

4 Likes

I struggle with alcohol too.
Spent about 5 years drunk. Didn’t think I had a problem, because I am a happy drunk. Ended up with a divorce. No violence or driving while drunk. Just financial problems at the time, and neglect.
That’s when I got into wow, but it couldn’t hold my attention very long. It’s too simple.
Need something to keep my mind occupied, or it goes down dark paths.

4 Likes

That’s a really interesting thought @Destiny_Corrupted.

Whilst there is some merit in what you suggested (there are some who, using EVE as a conduit [and, to paraphrase Palpatine] let the hate flow through them …) there are also some amazing community based things that have evolved out of EVE (I’m thinking here of B4R, Sixth Empire, and the frequent RL meet ups around the globe …) that reach out and connect to people who might be otherwise be isolated (whether for social, physical, mental or disability reasons).

On this basis and on balance, I’d say EVE’s existence is a good thing, but then I’m writing this from the perspective of someone who tries to be a force for good in what I do in EVE and in RL so there will be those who dismiss what I say.

Who’s right and who’s wrong? It’s complicated at best.

:mouse:

1 Like

Well, I suppose there’s also the argument that EVE keeps sociopaths like me here, and not out on the streets where we can do some real damage.

3 Likes