The Argument for War Declaration Changes

Nice text. But you missed the part "many here THAT etc etc… So I’m talking about those WHO wants only easy kills and cry that HIGHsec is too SAFE. Don’t appear to be your case, so you good… or maybe yes?

2 Likes

This is just again an opinion when you call it loopholes. You’re constructing a picture, which doesn’t match the real situation nor does it do justice to the people behind the spaceships and to CCP. Nor is this thread about ganking, but about wardecs.

The mechanic on ganking exists and has existed for a long time. Adjustments were made by CCP, such as increases in hitpoints on mining ships and many smaller changes. However, this is how it’s meant to be and if CCP thought this was wrong then it wouldn’t be in the game.

You’re then not being fair to gankers either when you intentionally lie about the mechanics of the game. You expect to be respected, when you’re not actually willing to level with them.

Why would you then go to their website and read it, unless you’re expecting to find praise on yourself? Why go there when you know there is nothing you want to read? You might as well hate any random website for their content.

So I’m just going to ignore your comment if you don’t mind.

1 Like

Well, you can pretend that high-sec PVPers are just sociable people who want to ‘reach out and touch someone’ all you like.

CCP has the data. CCP presented the data to the CSM showing that this is a problem and a significant issue. CCP searched for approaches to resolve it and has settled on going forward with some changes at this time.

So it’s pretty clear that while forumites can argue positions all day long, CCP has put the writing on the wall - if you only care to read it.

2 Likes

No, I’m not pretending. I know they’re people just like you and me. Nor would I think you of you as the type who reaches out and touches someone. Or is this what you do?

1 dude activated a full 80+ accounts just to vote for CSM members, thats over 80 false positives right there.

Well, I have to throw this in here .
When I first started in 2006, I traveled the universe and met some cool dudes who were new, just like me, we created a corp, total nubbins, got wardecked by a 20 man corp or so I think it was, we had 5 players, 5 accounts.
We thought it was amazing , so we got some battleships and went head on against them, we lost 19/20 times we went for them, but dang did we have fun, and it actually lured us away from our mining ways and into straight up pew pew.
Just thought I’d share that story :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It isnt. Carpet wardeccing was already happening before the watchlist removal.
It’s just been tied into the “poor us, look what you made us do CCP. give us back our free intel” narrative.

1 Like

I will add another argument in favor of the changes.
People keep claiming that this makes HS safer, but, from the statistics shown at Vegas it doesn’t. In fact this makes HS more dangerous… for the people declaring war.

They found that those with structures in space are more likely to fight back and even score kills. While those without are more likely to simply log out. And in many never log back in.

So by making it so that if you want to declare war it has to be on someone with a structure. You are forcing them to engage the more dangerous target (even if only by a tiny amount)

Eve is not supposed to be safe. So all the HS “pvpers” need to htfu and stop whining because their super safe playstyle is becoming a little bit harder.

3 Likes

Well Test have done that with their Keepstar, but they have structures in nullsec so they can still be war decked, they then can chose to ally in the war decs against their hisec structures in the shell corp. What exactly is the issue? Because at this point there is nothing saying that the structures that enable a war dec have to be in hisec, in other words if you have a structure out anywhere in Eve and that includes in a WH you can be war decked. To me that makes no sense as it should be hisec structures. But at the moment nullsec alliances cannot currently hide and you have your passing farm targets.

The system is not so much as broken, it is just that you guys over fished within a diminishing pool of content and you controlled 100% the ending of the war which means boredom is the best way to end it. This is where we are, they are working on something, the thing is it is going to be balanced for hisec, not for war deckers. But I am pretty sure that you guys are good enough to deal with it. I find it incredible that they took so long to realise how bad it was for the defenders.

Still I want war dec’s to continue to be part of hisec, but it has to be balanced so it works for hisec as a whole. You won’t like it that is for sure, but you are high SP, rich, smart and skilled players and you use mechanics well, you will be fine if you step back and say I can do this.

3 Likes

You’re not getting the gist of what I’m saying. Test (or goons or PH or LH etc.) can transfer their citadels in nullsec/WH/HS/LS to a shell corp when the changes come in. Then they cannot be wardecced at all and be safe in hisec from anyone but gankers (so long as they don’t have kill rights). This is exploiting (not an Exploit, I’m not claiming that) a massive loophole in the changes that CCP don’t care about.

How does the ally system work after the changes? Can you only ally if you have a citadel? This hasn’t been made clear as far as I can tell so Test (or whoever) can just ally in on the war against their shell corp and defend their keepstar.

I said in my original post that we have been victims of our own success, but we are working completely within rules that were established 15 years ago. We don’t exploit quirks in the game mechanics or anything like that. Yes we have “overfished”, but most people we catch have been caught before. It’s like someone complaining about being caught speeding when they know full well where the speed trap is and have been caught twice by it before.

It’s arguable that gankers are a bigger problem to EVE than wardecs as the tools they use, although within the confines of the game, are pushing the limits of the game mechanics. Bumping freighters for 10-15 mins while you assemble a fleet is, although not breaking any intended mechanic, stretching the boundaries of what is reasonable. However, as discussed above, it won’t change anytime soon because one of the main ganking groups is a part of an alliance that has significant CSM representation.

The point is not who you catch, it’s who you scare away by overfishing without catching. CCP figures apparently show a very clear and significant number of people fall into this category. As well as those you do catch being so obviously outclassed which says you are baby seal clubbing.

1 Like

I saw your point, and some will of course, but I don’t think the major nullsec alliances would do something that made them look so weak just to get out of hisec war decs. I might be surprised however. Let’s see how it pans out. I would expect lower tier ones to perhaps do it, but many renters are tied into renter alliances and that will require a new structure holding renter alliance and then you have the sov aspects including the benefit of the IHUB in reducing fuel costs. I think it will not be major…

I assumed that you ally even without having a structure and to be honest it is the most logical approach if one wants to balance hisec towards the defender a bit.

You have, undoubtably, however the population in hisec has changed for the worst and it needs rebalancing. I hope that any such change to the war decs changes peoples attitudes. I pushed for something that the defender can attack to end the war dec, because to be blunt one major part of the issue is that the war decker have total control on whether to end or continue the war deck, so by default people in the time honoured way of Eve decided that boredom was the only way to win an end to the war dec. Some people really don’t like it, but it is needed.

Some do, I have seen certain war deckers exploit a number of mechanics to catch people, and well played to them, though when I used the same thing back it got rather interesting, but I am going off on a tangent. It is not so much that, this game is full of mechanics that can be gamed.

Yes and it is good to see that you see that, however someone like me has dedicated hauling alts with high skills who drop out of corp or alliance when needed, but the issue is that a lot of people don’t, especially those that are two to three years old and they risk it.

I am not so sure about that being a good example, one time I got done for speeding when a tricky situation developed and I speeded up to get out of it just as a police car was there with a radar gun and he is often there. No matter that I explained why I did it I still got the points and fine. I could have allowed someone to crash into me. So I was punished for avoiding an accident.

Miner ganking is balanced, I have no issues with it, hauler ganking looks OK and do bear in mind that the change to the war decs will result in less alts running around in T1 haulers and more mains running around in properly tanked (I hope) DST’s. So that will have an impact.

I have for a long time tried to raise the issue of bumping, and the freighter gankers prove with the ganking of JF’s in Jita that they don’t need it. Get rid of bumping in the way it is used in some way and freighter ganking is fine. I think you are right, I mean it was either those people in the CSM or CCP Falcon who told the Devs that there was no demand for the fix that they had announced. I should perhaps try to raise it, I had a good look at the impacts of bumping to get scam duels and a test sample had 80% player loss. And any thread where I raised it got nuked by CCP Falcon and some of my posts deleted for trolling. Bumping needs looking at and it is good that you see that.

PS After the sale of CCP I realised that the deletion of my posts highlighting player loss was perhaps due to the take over, I was certainly surprised at CCP Falcon doing that so it makes sense, still it was a bit naughty…

PPS: Don’t give up hope as the jump fatigue is a good example of what will likely happen, initial nuke leading to gradual change back when things change into a better balance.

1 Like

I’ll post this gently here. Due to some serious real life issues I’m selling the character. I’ll leave the thread up for discussion, but thanks guys and have fun.

Nice story!
Though i’ve heard that in 2006 battleship was so big and expensive like Titan today. You should have been pretty rich and ballsy according to the story!

Why?

All you will get is isk, and you dont need that if you are going to be away from game for a long time.

If you are short on cash, selling your toon will COST you cash to transfer, especially as you said you will pay the transfer fee.

Doesnt make sense.

A character can be transferred to another account via the “Character Transfer” service through the Account Management page. A single character transfer involves a transfer fee in form of a credit card payment of 20 EUR/USD, 17 GBP or 1199 RUB.

https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203465481-Character-Transfer

1 Like

You can still transfer using PLEX if you ask nicely. :slight_smile:

He says he will pay the cash transfer fee.

Usually someone in serious IRL situation doesnt want to expend extra cash on a game he wont be playing.

I was pointing out PLEX is still an option, many players do not know you can still use PLEX to transfer characters.

Edited:

Please keep on topic, I’d love for all of you just to talk about war decs. :slight_smile:

Yeah, you do sound like you could use a break.