The Cost of Pi (Planetary Interaction)

Stop dodging the question. What allows you to affirm such a non-trivial statistic ?

Because a vast majority of players who arent making more than enough to plex another account arent going to spend 50days to get to 18 planets when they can stop at 15 planets after 6 days of training.

And those who can plex their account wont bother to spend 50days training to go from 15 planets to 18 planets when they can get another 15 planets in short order.

Most people will spend those last 50days on other things, like becoming freighter-dst pilots lol.

This should be obviously true.

Like most people wont take the stairs

1 Like

Where does that come from ?

Again ?

nope. Just … no.

Maybe that’s how YOU think, but how YOU think does not make the majority of players.

I’m just gonna call you out on it and challenge you to find anyone who says

I make a few million isk a month on my Pi passively…that why instead of training for battleships I spent 48 days on 3 more planets!

wow, i should have brought more popcorn.

1 Like

This sometimes happens with @Anderson_Geten
They are maybe too logical. Like spock they miss the obvious answer because logic demands chain-of-custody of evidence.

But anyone knows what I said is true :yum:

Well for the record, and if it wasn’t obvious from my PI guide, my extraction->P1 alts are all CCU-IV, IPC-IV. This can be done with a fresh 'toon and one large skill injector (and have sp spare). My two factory planet 'toons are CCU-V, IPC-V.
When planning a long production chain, like with making Nanite Paste for example, it’s always worth building up a bit of a stockpile of input P1s before firing up the factory planets. I used to try and maintain 50k -> 100k of buffer. If I saw one input inventory dropping, I could swap around extraction planets and try to keep a balance of materials.
I haven’t actually run any PI since before the interface overhaul. After I moved out of a C4 with perfect PI, I just haven’t needed to get it going. I probably should. Back at the time, running four-day extraction cycles, I was down to around ~45minutes/week of fiddling with PI for a return of about 3-4.5b/month’ish. I just got myself a new bearhole actually, might check out the planet mix.

@Mephiztopheleze we should talk privately one of these days. I’ve been developing something more advanced but I think you’ll find interesting.

I’ve been asking you for many posts now to provide your sources.

What happens now is that you refuse to provide anything logical and thus, you show that you have a hidden reason to affirm what you did.

It’s just dishonest to me, who made the effort to try to understand your post.

1 Like

eeew, just checked my bearhole’s planet mix…
gas planets, huge mutha’ gas planets everywhere…

While I do actually get what you’re saying, you’re also kind of asking for proof that can’t actually be provided short of either a huge survey of everyone who has ever done PI, or for CCP to do some data mining on currently active PI 'toons. Neither of which is really feasable.
You have made some very good points, so please don’t take this as an insult, because it isn’t.

Not only can it not be provided, its not necessary. Cuz we all know most wont level 5 heh

I think this is a false assumption… I have 2 omega accounts, 3x toons with 6 planets ea. AFAICT alphas can’t PI (unable to export from the planet) so it’s only going to be omega accounts doing PI. I also recall seeing a CCP stat that indicated the ‘hardcore’ players average number of accounts was >5 (though that now may no longer be true), don’t remember the exact number and couldn’t find the source (quick google).

I also wouldn’t put any weight in assumptions based on posts to the forums, I know a lot of people who have played for a lot of years and never posted on the forums, that does not exclude them from being ‘top tier’ < insert play style > players.

I was, for a time, producing ~48 P4 per day, and that was on 18 planets. Of course I don’t know what P3s/P4s you’re working with so maybe this makes up for the large difference in planet numbers you’ve come up with. Now i’m just doing P3, cause it’s less work.

Good luck.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

How much work for 48 per day.

Also realize recognizing we are into Pi therefore more likely to max leverage our accounts doesnt mean we are the only ones.

Also…I reeeely think most planeteers just dont go that all in

Too much, twice daily tending to exports/imports to keep all the factories fed and extractors not overloaded, which is why I’ve switched over to P3.

And you’re entitled to think this, however as with most things Eve, if someone is going to do it, they are reeeely going to do it, all in and all to V.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Well 98% of EvE players do that with mining. So no…I just don’t think even a slim minority of EvE players run more than 15 planets.

i’m sure there’s plenty of folk out there with max skilled PI alts. It’s a common use of the 5m minimum SP requirement of an SP Farm Alt.
There are some folk out there with scary big SP farming operations.

Source?

1 Like

Yeah but I’m not talking about plenty. I was referring to absolutes. Theres a. Lot of accounts online at any given time. Most dont Pi much.

I love how a few people spoil threads about sources to basic observations.

Do you need sources to know MOST eve players arent -10.0 gate campers and suicide gankers?

Lol

“Basic observations”

I know that thing… that’s what people use when they proof that earth is flat and gravity a lie.

I prefer to stay with sources and, … well… Facts!