The Cost of Pi (Planetary Interaction)

You can observe the Earth is not flat. It’s a basic observation. So basic the Bible says the Earth is a ball hanging in a void in the oldest book of the Bible…Job.

That’s still what people say to justify the earth is flat.

“basic observation” is accepting to be mislead by “basic errors”.

1 Like

It may cost more then its worth as you need omega account to use it.

It might be worth it or not depending on what you do with it.

Most of the stuff produce are component for crafting or just plain stuff needed to run a station. It all boil down to what you do with it.

If you selling it straight to the market the yield really low so ya it might not be worth it

It just some extra income on the side so it adds up for just 5 mins of your time.

So much argueing about how many people might have x vs x amount of planets…it’s been quite humorous to watch.

Right now I have 64 planets setup, producing ~96 P4 per day. Takes me probably about 30 minutes a day restarting extractors, I just recently got it all setup so I can’t really say how long hauling is going to take, but I could put off hauling to every 2-3 days if I want, though I’ll probably do a little bit every day, couple characters at a time.

This is on 13 characters, maxed PI skills (they are SP farms and PI is just their secondary purpose). I’ll soon be adding another 4-7 characters to that this month. So expecting about ~138 available planets by the end of July. How many I’m actually using by then I guess will depend on the time it takes me to handle this initial 64 planet setup I have.

I’d probably tend to agree with Alistair about most people doing PI having on average 5 planets. I have absolutely no basis for this though and it’s only a personal opinion based on what I would do if I was using characters for PI and not SP Farming. If I wasn’t farming their SP, I’d have no reason to max 5/5 all of the PI skills as it would be more SP efficient to stop at 4/4 or 5/4. But, that’s just my opinion as I said.

It’s just a matter of time.
How long until that 6th planet investment is paid for ? assuming it costs half a sub, so 1M isk, in how many months would a single planet bring back 1B isk in PI ?
If you intend to do PI for longer, then you are at win.
When I made the values (long time ago) it was 5-6 month (that is, one P2 planet produces 150 -200M worth per month). Now maybe it changed.

But it’s the fact that you can train for one extra planet in about 2 weeks, or you could take that 2 weeks and train 8-10 more planets.

It just comes down to what people are using the characters for, if they are specifically for PI, or if they are just throwing it on alts for some other purpose. Of course it would be more efficient in the long run to train 5/5 if you are serious about PI. But I think the point Alistair (and me now) is trying to make is that the majority of people are probably only doing PI as a “extra” to help cover the cost of the account a bit…not as a main income stream. If this is the case it would mean they are training PI on characters that have a main purpose of something else and they probably would rather spend that extra 2 weeks training another more important skill for them.

But, as I mentioned, this is of course just a complete guess as the only way to prove any of this type of thing would be for CCP to produce some statistics on the average level of those skills trained on accounts that have them trained…and even better, how many of those with the skills are actually using them.

people who do I as an extra don’t want to

on more toons.

exactly :wink:

Well, 95% of your assumptions are wrong so I’ll call this one wrong too. Based on my observations.

4 Likes

You’re actually completely wrong but whatever lol. Mining is the most undervalued race-to-the-bottom commodity on the market.

Very long…lol training two 5s slots = most your 4s

The basis is grounded in normalcy. Everyone knows most people aren’t Pi Magnates, and everyone knows most people don’t run multiple Omegas or if they do they casually run 2 or so.

Everyone therefore easily knows that most Pi will range in a casual 4/4 setup as mentioned above.

And therefore most Pi will stop at P2 because of the limits of that setup.

What ?

Waht ?

Watt ?

SOURCE MOTHER ■■■■■■ DO YOU SPEAK IT ?
Your “everybody knows” is COMPLETE BS.
It’s just and only your personal opinion, based on your limited experience of the game. Somebody with a different experience will have a different opinion. Therefore your sole opinion is not a worthy base of evaluation.

Just like if I said “I prefer sugar so sugar is better for health”. This is complete nonsense.

You’re the kind of person that needs to sit on a tack to know not to sit on a tack. It’s ok, Mathematics needs savants like you. But everyone else knows what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

It absolutely isn’t.

I can’t stress enough.

No one here ought to need to be told that most people don’t do Pi as their primary gig, and most people who don’t do Pi as their primary, aren’t going to invest to level 5 Pi skills, or invest in level 5 Pi skills on multiple Omegas.

This is still complete BS.

You have no source, the values you give are completely random BS.
You are so full of yourself you don’t even imagine you may be wrong somewhere.

Nobody needs persons like you.

My values are “relative” aka qualitative and always have been. They are generally correct, and that’s enough :slight_smile:

If you have no source for this, then it’s pure speculation and thus completely wrong.

I also speculate if I sit on a hot stove it’s going to burn my arse…doesn’t mean I actually have to sit on it to know this.

In your case you have no idea of what “the majority of people” does.
You just stick random affirmation from your burnt bum, like saying that sitting on "the majority of stoves " will burn your bum just from your limited experience of one hot stove.
THAT is the level of stupidity of what you affirm.

Your “majority” is not something we can even watch. We can’t even discuss about it because it does not exist. Your whole affirmation is based on undefined words, with undefined relations.
Someone linked an article that says that “average” persons actually do not exist, you may search for it.