The CSM 13 Winter Summit Minutes are out

One Gate per System.

2 Likes

Only?! This is sad. So at the end they just POS replacement with better graphics?

Which parts of ‘you can only have 1 in each system, just like current jbs’ and ‘WE ALREADY HAVE THEM IN EVERY SYSTEM’ don’t you?

They’ve been saying all along this is to bring the upwell structures to parity with Starbases. That means yes, these are just replacements so they can remove the POS code. Have you not understood that that was the goal all along?

1 Like

I thought they will take “stargates” one step further.

They might. But not at first. And btw…

They won’t be in tether range. Do you know why people don’t already gate their capitals into systems where someone’s attacking the jb/beacon/jammer?

It’s because a gate is something you can watch. You can know they’re gonna come in by watching the other side. That means you can have all kinds of crap waiting to slow them down, like HICs, dictor bubbles, etc. At 200km from the nearest cit, there isn’t a whole lot the cit can do to a suddenly-decloaking group of interdictors. And then their capital fleet is stuck in bubbles, probably in tidi, while interdictors keep decloaking, bubbling, and recloaking once they burn off a bit.

And that’s assuming you didn’t RF the gate in the first place, so they have to wait a whole day to use it.

1 Like

15 years wasn’t long enough for players to balance it out themselves.

Time to pay the piper.

3 Likes

You’re right. Seems like a return to the SBU/TCU nonsense of old.

If an offensive force is able to use a defender’s jump bridge, someone in the ACL department messed up, or you’re being AWOX’d.

Capitals can take gates like any other ship.

1 Like

lol. The SBU nonsense was about a billion times better than entosising.

As difficult as it is to get HS corps to PvP, its even harder to get NS corps to PvP.

Arguably NS players are even more PvP averse than HS players, in proportion.

Many are in NS for the fat PvE rewards, and thats what they want to farm, and they want as little PvP incentives/mechanics as possible interfering with their income.

Nor is this just about caps, a mere VNI Nullbear earns orders of magnitude more than a VNI HSbear, and arguably at far less risk.

Arrendis, pretty much what I was going to say on the jump bridges, though I do disagree on the SBU’s being better than the current sov system, at least as it is now with the recent adjustments and the ships around it.

People will want to use those jump bridges because of the lack of jump fatigue, however that exposes them to being waterboarded and as such people are worrying too much.

I am fine with it.

I am also glad to see you stating that hisec had been massively over fished, which is the truth of it all. I might as well not bother posting with you covering it all…

As a general point, I have noticed that there is a lot of cleanup of structures going on in hisec.

HS structure spam is an eye-sore, at worst.

So what if a corp has 1, 10, or 100 structures in a HS system.
You dont have to use them, and can beat them just by having better prices at your own 1 structure there.

Within a system industrial indexes are applied to all citadel structures regardless of ownership.

If one medium engineering complex offers its services to the public for free, it will drive up the activity index charge on everyone’s engineering complex, even large and extra large complex’s as build jobs are submitted.

There’s no way of getting “better” prices other than destroying everyone else’s engineering complex to reduce the amount of activity and thusly cause index based charges to be reduced.

How does this apply in HS?

The same… Every job created in any citadel/station in the system is calculated into the system index.

The cost for a job is “estimated value x system index + estimated value x system index x citadel tax rate”

The tax set by the owner/npc faction to jobs is calculcated from that system index cost, so you can only be more competitive in the same system with a lower tax rate. If one citadel has 0% tax then the only cost for all jobs in that citadel will be based on the system index.
Every other citadel with taxes will have a small price increase compared to that station.

If you want to have the station in system where everyone does their industry you have to kill any other station in system with a lower tax rate.

Source for this equation regarding HS systems?

It is the same calculation for all systems, regardless of security, and has been like this since I can remember.

What is the system index element in this equation, in HS?

Here is the link to the dev-blob where they announced the industry changes (back in 2014)

And again, the calculation is the same for every Sec space, so the question of HS or not HS is just not important. It’s system based, not security based.

Addition:

The security rating is only important for one thing and one thing only: Rig Bonus.