…It’s sometimes good to be a member of Native Fishfood with sec status above 0, because, unlike some other people I know, I can freely undock from Jita 4-4 without a bunch of scurvy, one-eyed, remote sensor boosted Lokis and Tornadoes all instalocking my poor frigate and saying “YARRRR.” Not that I object to being exploded; I just don’t like premature explosions when the real fun hasn’t even started yet!
So, explosions. I was really bored, had a couple shots of whatever was in the station bar, and remembered the rookie advice by some guy whose name eludes me. This guy said to the new pilots: just fit 20 cheap frigates and lose them while trying to have fun. That’ll teach you more than any baseliner academy ever would.
So here comes the Daily Slasher self-challenge. I’ll fit a lot of throwaway Slashers and set out to lose them all on the quest for chaos, mayhem, casual murder, piracy and other fun things, to poke New Eden with a Slasher until it explodes! Only two rules:
- Low or Null sec is preferred.
- No CONCORD or sentries on the mail; If I wanted more of that I’d fit Thrashers
And then I’ll put an AAR of another horrible slasher death here. Dunno about the killmail, since that is frowned upon, but those really curious can do a search on zkill if they really want to.
So, the Daily Slasher!
[Slasher, Daily Slasher] Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer Damage Control I 1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender Auto Targeting System I 150mm Light 'Scout' Autocannon I,Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S 150mm Light 'Scout' Autocannon I,Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S 150mm Light 'Scout' Autocannon I,Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I Small Core Defense Field Extender I (And a fresh Headhunter paintjob)
Ready! Set! Go!
Edit: Daily Slashers so far:
- The Daily Slasher #01 | 6-24 - 1v1 with an Incursus in Heydieles
- The Daily Slasher #02 | 6-25 - Blapped by the incursion rats in Tama
- The Daily Slasher #03 | 6-26 - Caught by a Sabre in F-NXLQ (Querious)
- The Daily Slasher #04 | 6-27 - 1v1 with a Tristan in Abune
- The Daily Slasher #05 - day 1 | 6-28 - Survived with 2 kill assists and 20m in loot
- The Daily Slasher #05 - day 2 | 6-29 - Survived with 1 cyno corvette kill
- The Daily Slasher #05 - day 3 | 6-30 - Dispelled by a Magus in Lamaa
- The Daily Slasher #06 | 7-03 - Pulled down by Hole Control in J124830
- The Daily Slasher #07 | 7-06 - Сrushed in a random dogpile in Pynekastoh
- The Daily Slasher #08 | 7-20 - 1v1 with @Jev_North (Merlin) in Jita
- The Daily Slasher #09 | 7-21 - Pipebombed by Goons in 6Q-R50 (Delve)
- The Daily Slasher #10 | 8-03 - Got some instaknowledge in Tisot (Aridia)
- The Daily Slasher #11 | 8-17 - 1v1 with @Coulter_Phelps (Kestrel) in Huola
- The Daily Slasher #12 | 8-18 - 1v1 with @Diana_Kim (Merlin) in Ikoskio
The Daily Slasher #13 | 8-24 - 1v1 with @Anyanka_Funk (Magnate) in I3Q-II (Delve) - Won
- Sacrificed to the Red God by Funk (Gila) during the second encounter in the same system
- The Daily Slasher #14 | 8-25 - 1v1 with @Maria_Daphiti (Tormentor) in Sifilar
- The Daily Slasher #15 | 8-28 - 1v1 with @Avio_Yaken (Kestrel) in Murethand
The Daily Slasher #16 | 9-02 - 1v1 with @Isha_Vuld (Rifter) in Kamela - Won
- Lost to own idiocy and station guns in the same system ten minutes later