Guardian Gala Ship Fits and Tactics

I tried running a Drake fit to Nosy Gamer’s specs listed here : http://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2018/02/guardians-gala-2018-scouting-report.html

In my opinion this is a fail fit because it cannot tank the Guardian Battleship when it warps in.

Unfitting a missile launcher and adding a Large Proton Smart Bomb might improve damage to the frigs when they get close to the ship.

*Warping out and then back in results in the BS warping off along with the other ships still at the site that then despawns the site.

These sites are best run using T3 Strategic Cruisers that do not have any problem with DPS or holding a tank to the very end.

While flying a Proteus, that I lost because I didn’t realize that the BS had warped in until it was too late, the frigs were not a problem as long as you used a webber and fit a MWD. The Proteus was dual armor rep fit with a T2 Cap Booster and 800 Caps to augment the energy used.

Gila’s are okay to use but unless you use the drone tactic below the frigates will eat through them before you finish the site.

Drone tactic - Lock up all frigates when they land, concentrate your missile and drone fire on the frigates until they are all destroyed. If a frigate is eating your drones up, concentrate one those frigates first then dispatch the remaining frigs that are locked onto your ship.

2 Likes

I don’t know, did it in a drake, seemed similar to a lvl 4 mission, of course there was a rattlesnake that came in afterwards so DPS was spread out a bit, the guy also locked me, guess he wanted everything himself, nothing special about the fit, even used scourge heavies.

1 Like

Im getting 337.6 dps in the Drake linked above after adding a second T2 BCS. Its a helluva tank but the DPS just isn’t there.

To be competitive your ship should put out no less that 750 dps.

I am thinking that a Typhoon would be the best ship.

Here is my Typhoon fit for ratting Sansha. Just replace the Heavy Missiles with Nova Fury (TII) and you should get close to 1,200 dps and around 60km of flight time.

6x Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II (does excellent on the frigates and cruisers. Tears the ass out of the BS as well.)

2x Missile Guidance II + 2x Missile Range Script
1x Sensor Booster II + Scan Resolution Script
1x Large Micro Jump Drive to jump out if your panties fall to the ground ( remember Sansha likes em red and brown which will distract him momentarily)

3x BCS II (Ballistic Control System)
1x Drone Damage II
1x Energized Adaptive Nanny Membrane II
1x Large Armor Repper II
1x 1600mm Plates II

Rigs

Large Anti-Explosive Pump I
Large Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Large Bay Loading Accelerator I

With this fit and my skills I am able to pump out missiles down range every 2.15 seconds.

,and I get to keep my underwear.

2 Likes

Speed it great for mitigating the damage you receive while under heavy webs from the frigates. I personally like the 100mn AB fits, however it takes a little getting used to the sluggish feel of it.

Something like this should work, you could probably just orbit the beacon at 10-20km with your AB running, and pulse the shield booster as needed. Pop the frigates/cruisers with Precision scourge and use faction or Fury scourge for the battleship.

If your CPU is tight then swap for a meta/faction BCU or a compact 100mn AB. Or Gistum shield amps…

The enemy ships now warp out after the boss has been killed.

[Drake, Drake 100mn]

Ballistic Control System II
Power Diagnostic System II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pithum B-Type Explosive Deflection Amplifier
Pithum B-Type Kinetic Deflection Amplifier
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Precision Heavy Missile
[Empty High slot]

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Warrior II x5

2 Likes

Ive been using a machariel fit for tracking. Grapler, painter, and tracking computer in the mids with a mwd.

Large ancillary reper resistance mods and I’ve been swapping out gyrostabs for tracking enhancers looking for the right balance.

The frigs are the only thing that gives me any trouble. But if they get too numerous pulsing the mwd for one or two cycles gets enough range to pop them easily.

Considering trying out some smaller caliber large guns or better tracking ammo to clear the frigs.

Still needs work, but so far has been doing a decent job. And the warp speed bonus makes running around looking for sites less painful

1 Like

That drake seems more than capable to tank all incoming dps, but i would suggest using gila since it’s faster.

Gila fit

[Gila, passive gila]

Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Explosive Deflection Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II
10MN Afterburner II

Drone Link Augmentor II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Valkyrie II x2

1. Warp in, launch drones.
  2. Go make some tea.
  3. Lock, approach and engage drones on BC/BS
  4. ???
  5. Profit!
4 Likes

Try that vs/ the Angel frigates.
And let me know how it works out for you.

1 Like

It is not and I already made a thread about this.

1 Like

Even heavy drones can hit those frigs just fine and webs are irrelevant since gila can tank everything by just sitting on one spot. Just try it yourself.

1 Like

you may try an additional web in the mid, and put the tracking enahcer in the lows.

or you may just ignore the frigs

confessor is fine for running the sites but i run low on cap sometimes because i have to rep a lot
might try a more cap stable fit
also what damage types do the rats do
exp kin like angels or something else

2 Likes

Explosive, kinetic, the battlecruiser does some thermal too and the fighters of the thanatos do too,

1 Like

maybe i will fit a gila or something because confessor is fine but gila has more dps
some people are using lokis and i havent used a loki yet so i might buy one

1 Like

I can confirm, you can solo the regular site in a Drake, the t1 one, with nova missiles, in my case fury for the barachiel and caldari navy for the rest.

Fit a Drake with heavy launchers, 2x s-9 extender, 2x invulnerability field II, 2x ballistic control, damage control, shield power relay, 2x purger rigs and one em rig.

Stop shooting everything as soon as the battleship comes and load fury, shoot the battleship + win.

3 Likes

Damnit! stop giving everything away! :rofl:

2 Likes

well its really easy with loki and im using the web subsystem because the ships are annoying but this loki can kill frigs without even using the web
i use the web to stop the other ships getting away though because im sick of chasing them and i guess it keeps aggro off my drones
i dont really like this loki though it feel weird like it had its arms cut off and its kinda goofy looking

2 Likes

Here is my Typhoon fit:

High slots:

6x - Rapid Heavy Assault Launcher II + Nova Fury Heavy Missile (II) (Good for frigs,BC and BS)
1x - Heavy Neutron Blaster II + Null ammo (Used with the Webber to take out an addition frig while working on other frigs with missiles and drones)

Mid slots:

1x - Webber II
1x - Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
1x - Explosive Deflection Amplifier II
1x - Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
1x - Large Shield Extender II

Low slots:

1x - 1600 mm Plates II
1x - Damage Control Unit II
1x - Drone Damage Amplifier II
2x - Ballistic Control System II
2x Large Armor Repairer II

Rigs:

1x - Large Trimark Armor Pump I
1x - Large Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer
1x - Large Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer

Drones:

3 x Large Berserker II
10 x Small Hornet, or Warrior II

In simulation I get:

752.5 missile DPS @ 41 km
101.6 Drone DPS
Blaster 39.8 DPS @ 6,300 m

Defense:
83 Kinetic / 86 Explosive
1,840 Armor repping every 11.3 secs
76.567 EHP

I have completed three full sites from beginning to end with this fit and every time the Bacharael takes me around 15% armor hit points left with both reppers running and not overloaded.

If you don’t feel comfortable running all the way into armor warp to a Citadel when your armor is between half and full to complete the site without worry of going into Sansha’s Underwear Armor Mode.

I usually hang the panties of the Bacharael commander on the Wingy bit of the Typhoon in tribute to each site victory

1 Like

I found the sites easy in my PvP fit Proteus until I forgot to notice the BS commander until it was too late and then… : 35 seconds into the video.

1 Like

I’m also using the loki. I’ve got mine fit with 425mm ACs. With perfect skills and a 5% tracking hardwiring you don’t need a web to hit orbiting frigs. The loki projectile sub has got godly bonuses (…it pretty much has to in order to make medium projectiles worth a damn, though). I’m not using any tracking enhancers or computers, or ambits and barrage easily takes care of the cruisers at their orbit distance if you aren’t concerned with the frigates.

1 Like

well i dont have 5% tracking implant but im using a metastasis rig
not using any other tracking enhancers trhough
the web is mostly to stop the boss getting out of range of my hail
when the boss spawns there is usually some frigates got me webbed but i need to switch damage to boss asap
so i web the boss to stop it pulling range on me
i dont us barrage unless i have to which is when im the only person on a site
if someone else in on the site i just use hail only and let the other players kill the cruisers so i can get dps down on the boss spawn

1 Like