Guardian Gala Ship Fits and Tactics

seems the only ship can beat ac loki is machariel
gila cant beat me
dominix cant beat me
even tengu cant beat me
macharial can but not too many people flying those around

edit nvm i just beat a mach too

1 Like

Yes. Gila is the only ship to run these in. My drones have never taken more than a sliver of dmg from these sites and I clear it in under 5 mins. AFK easily, not that I would AFK and risk someone stealing my loot.

1 Like

Ishtar number 4 after 3 “difficult” fits this is EZ mode win for the Mach. Make sure to align to citadel just on the off chance you forget to turn on your armor rep. If you miss a rep you will likely come close to dying. Exchanging hardeners for drone damage amplifiers is a really bad idea. Tested.

[Ishtar, Simulated Ishtar]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Centus A-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Damage Control II

Drone Navigation Computer II
’Inception’ Target Painter
Medium Capacitor Booster II
50MN Microwarpdrive II

125mm Gatling AutoCannon II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II
Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump II

Berserker II x15

Hail S x2751
Barrage S x601
Navy Cap Booster 800 x10

DO NOT RUN OUT OF CAP BOOSTERS.

You will die to the Mach. That is all.

1 Like

this is my loki fit which is pretty much unbeatable
i made 1.1bn selling accelerators with this fit so far and the only ship can beat it is a vargur
it has drones but dont bother launching them
you could probably get rid of the cpu rig if you use faction gyros with genolutions
sit on the hub keep everything permarunning
you can tank everything with ease sitting still but keep your ab running for the boss spawn
kill cruisers on the hub asap then focus on frigs they will die in 2 volleys with web and hail
web the cruisers to stop them getting into kiting range
never use barrage unless you absolutely have to which is very rare
when you need to kill a 30km cruiser to spawn more frigs
as soon as boss spawns then web it and overheat guns
hit approach so you are on top of it
grab the loot fast
you dont need repair paste you can just tether to a citadel after 3-4 hubs
also just realised my rigs are messed up
i have 150 calibration spare so could switch metastasis for damage rig or whatever

[Loki, Loki fit]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Explosive Deflection Field II
Explosive Deflection Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Stasis Webifier II
10MN Afterburner II
Thukker Large Cap Battery

425mm AutoCannon II, Hail M
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]
Medium Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I

Loki Core - Immobility Drivers
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Defense Node
Loki Offensive - Projectile Scoping Array
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter

Warrior II x5

Barrage M x4000
Hail M x4000

2 Likes

Personally I can’t see a reason to use drone links, painter or kinetic hardeners/rigs (although I didn’t check damage proportions I’ve eventually fitted my Eos with explosive only and it seems to work best).

I’d use a more simple approach with a fit like that

[Ishtar]
‘Meditation’ Medium Armor Repairer I or juicier
Shadow Serpentis Armor Explosive Hardener
Shadow Serpentis Armor Explosive Hardener
Shadow Serpentis Energized Explosive Membrane

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Small Tractor Beam II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Berserker II x6

Buffered tank, cap stable and able to chew through frigates with ease. Also, it may be a good oportunity to use new assault damage control - killing the BS doesn’t take that long after all.

1 Like

What about a tractor in high and a second web instead of the propmod ?

In my case the BC/BS appears less than 10km away, the 10mn gives very small increases in speed compared to what the web removes. When the boss is dead, just tractor the loot in.

I tried with a grappler and it prevents the boss from moving too far away.

not sure but when the boss spawns theres a good chance you will be webbed yourself
a couple of times i forgot to keep the ab running and i was too slow to get on the boss with a single web because i was webbed by a frig
and youre using hail so you wanna get to 2km for optimal damage and loot
another thing i should mention is it seems the loot is assigned to the player who does the most damage to the target so getting damage on the boss is the priority

1 Like

Finally found a way and tactic to squeeze a suitable PvP fit on my Loki … so, beware of becoming suspect next to me. :wink:

4 Likes

just be aware suspect can still warp in logi
personally wont mess with suspect
not worth the cost of a loki and sp loss

1 Like

Yeah, killboard check is a good thing. But neutral logi would only prolong their life, if they are not bait and for a kill.

1 Like

well in hisec if theyre suspect then theyre probably bait
although the 2 guys who ninjad me died pretty shortly after to suspect hunters
its not really worth the effort checking kb
just cut your loss and move to the next site for profit

1 Like

Because drones love TP’s. I’d consider your explosives only idea. The autocannons are barely used, just stuck them on cuz I had the cap for em and nothing else, and sometimes they can be used on the frigs when they get too close. No way I’m trading something as useful as the drone link augmentors which let me speed tank most of the early damage at range while the drones melt everything, for something like another mostly useless autocannon and a tractor beam. Waste of time to hang around looting all of that junk, at least for me. I’d rather head to the next site. The armor pumps would work, though, and make the ship more flexible.

1 Like

So about the frigates…

Are they effectively infinite in number, and one should just concentrate on the cruisers and larger ships as they show up? Or does one have a reasonable chance, assuming good DPS against frig-sized ships, of clearing out all frigates that appear?

1 Like

Yep, the frigate spawns are endless. Concentrate on the cruisers.

That said, you do appear to need to kill some frigates to get the boss spawn, but not sure how many.

So, pop the cruisers and when they are clear, take out some frigates. But be aware that you will need to tank a lot of frigates at once at times.

1 Like

Been itching to try a Gila; sounds like this might be a good introduction.

Question: Since I could get the full 50% bonus to Kinetic or Thermal due to my racial Cruiser skills all at V, should I use one of those? Or, is explosive such a big hole on the rats’ profile that even un-bonused, Nova outshines?

1 Like

Try both and see what works best for you, but honestly, I’m clearing these in 5 minutes without firing a single missile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If haven’t checked kinetic damage for Galas but kinetic is a secondary resistance hole for angel cartel ships.
In missions or belts where you find angel cartel ships, I would use the kinetic bonus for that but I can tell you that the explosive resistance of Gala ships is 0%.

1 Like

A Rattlesnake with Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers and Scourge Auto-Targeting missiles, plus 2 Republic Fleet Berserkers. You could make tea in the mean time, but the room is cleared before the water boils. Only thing you need to do is press F1 once halfway, after reloading, Tank is no issue whatsoever, of course.

1 Like

I’ve been using this fit for a few days.

2 volleys per frigate, 4 volleys for cruisers, fast lock and good armor, able to deal with the BS, cap stable with everything on (at least with high skills).

[Damnation]
Ballistic Control System II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Corpum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer

‘Palisade’ Cap Recharger I
’Palisade’ Cap Recharger I
Sensor Booster II
Peripheral Compact Target Painter

Heavy Missile Launcher II