"The Death of All" // A Profile of Service

http://www.soridiculous.co/new-eden/the-death-of-all-a-profile-of-service/

2 Likes

Really nice

1 Like

I like the story. I especially like the way you have presented this discussion. However, you may wish to review the lore of EVE. I think you have a potential spring board into a deeper story but may not realize it.

From my understanding based on the novels and chronicles, your presentation of events is at odds with some underlying facts of how pods/clones work. Mainly that Capsulers are not limited to only having a snapshot of thier memories/mind taken at the point a capsule is destroyed.

You can take a snap shot at any point using the right equipment as a back up. Then when killed, if not in a working pod, you can still be revived at that snapshot.

So say I took a snap shot of my mind this morning before driving to work. If I died on the commute before reaching my pod, I could be revived and simply would have no memories taken after that snapshot but prior to that I would remember every thing.

Your captain strikes me as someone who would back up early in the morning, due his duty, and not be concerned about losing a days worth of memories due to a little death. This seems at odds with him jumping into the pod at structure. So I am left wondering why? What was his motivation. And I think this could be a spring board forward for you. What did he see that was so vital to remember that he would not simply go down with the ship? Why would he not simply lose a day and wake up in a new clone? Uncovering this why would be where I would go next.

2 Likes

Thanks for reading. :smile:

I’ve read all three books. The part where the capsuleer comes out of the capsule is his most vulnerable. That struck me the most from the second novel in this regard.

What you’re recalling is closer to what you may have read in Altered Carbon.

And thanks for the prompt / lead. It’s an interesting thing to consider. Thank you again. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.