The ESS timer should be reduced to 4 minutes and 21 seconds

My Queen, will another fleet of 100 Tech 2 fit catalysts suffice?

It’s not a solo game, no one owes you a good fight or their isk.

Also how is any of what you mentioned solved by shortening the timer.

It’s either an April 1st Topic or involuntary funny.

ratting ishtar don’t have point fitted , for them to choose what ship means traveling to wherever they’ve got a pvp fit ship . while faster timer lets you take the money and run .

and neither your celestis or sac. fits a point .

not denying your experience or success , just *confused…

I think you missed the point that you can miss a point when you’re fighting inside the ESS, since it’s all one big bubble.

ESS fights are a bit different than other parts of space, you cannot warp on grid, MWDs or MJDs don’t work, so it’s all (overpropped) afterburners and webs. That’s why Huginns are such a danger, you don’t see them coming on Dscan until they’ve taken the gate and land on top of you, where they web you and make you unable to escape the blob following them.

2 Likes

You get the briefest moment to read and mentally register their ship type (Huginn) while they are decelerating in warp.

It’s in this moment you need click align/approach to whatever and overheat your AB and overheat one of the three sensor dampeners (your sebo should be running at all times in order to reduce the number of actions during this critical moment).

moved to Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums

EVE gameplay in pretty much every area of space has been reduced to absolute dogshit.

Want to fix null-sec? You don’t play around with the timers. What you do is remove sovereignty, and turn all of it into the same kind of space as Venal/Stain/etc., with NPC stations and the ability for everyone to dock everywhere.

Want to fix low-sec? Get rid of capitals.

Want to fix high-sec? Make people have to fight over resources.

Want to fix FW? Get rid of the PvE farming that has been its primary purpose since like 2010.

The entire game has become one big farming simulator. Of course people are going to blob you at every opportunity; they expect this game to transition to a “play-to-earn” model any day now, and they’re protecting their future RMT wealth (if they aren’t RMTing already). Blobbing is the surefire way to ensure that you keep as much money as possible. Duh.

1 Like

It appears Fountain owed me 2.9 billion isk for trying to blob me this weekend.

The solution to all of this is stupidly easy. Just make bounty tags dropping from NPCs directly (all in null, 50% in low, none in high for example), problem solved.*

Remove this ESS bs, it proved again, that micro-managed by CCP PvP doesn’t work, as the solution space is too narrow.

*I know … taxation … but IMO it’s a net plus if big nullblocs have to more interact with their player base to get their share.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was suggested a long time ago, so ratters must hold the field and defend their wrecks at least until they have collected everything. Thus giving hunters the chance to catch them or at least take the loot if they don’t want to fight over it. Also it can be destroyed during transport to the NPC-buyorder stations, giving the lootfairy her share (aka ISK sink), good for a healhty economy.

Absolutely.

1 Like

This would definitely make for some vigorous PvP.

EVE isn’t a game for solo players. It barely qualifies as co-op.

Those blobfests is what passes for PvP in EVE, lmao. Kinda sad for someone who expected space battles.

On purpose.

There was once a time when you could solo roam and not get surrounded by four blobs taking four different ani bridges.

The game isn’t for solo PvP or small gang PvP because of successive changes over the past decade designed to keep nullbears safe.

1 Like

there was once a time when solo roaming meant hunting other players . trying to kill ratters or miners before their backup arrived .

that’s not what you’re doing , so stop lamenting it’s “loss” .

I’d agree that null sec’s been catered to and made safer . their financial power and very effective csm eg @Brisc_Rubal give them much clout with ccp .

some of that’s been offset by wh and filaments , and ofc player ingenuity , much like you demonstrate by stealing their isks …

as for complaints of blobbing , the best response I’ve heard was “you want to tell your mates they can’t help defend their space , they’re not welcome in your fleet , because then it would be a “blob”” …

Cope.

1 Like

In all honesty, after talking to some friends about the state of roaming, it’s the Ani jump gates that are the main culprit.

Someone pointed out that Delve defense fleets couldn’t cross fountain (nearly to cloud ring) to defend an ESS if it were not for the ani bridges.

Yes, defense fleets on the delve/fountain border can undock in delve and defend an ess near cloud ring in that 6 minute and 30 second timer.

It’s a disgrace but greed will rot and destroy anything eventually.

Yes, of course. The quick way for defenders to get around their space to combat roaming gangs is the problem.

The noise/signal filaments, drifter wormholes, Thera, and Pochven filaments that let the roaming gangs move around quickly and get into defenders space and out in relative safety - those are perfectly fine.

1 Like

Remove filaments and ani gates.