The EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

Remember when the economy was marketed as Player Driven? Remember when Content was marketed as Player Driven?

You gone fecked up on this CCP. All you’ve done is make new players or players with low isk now NEVER be able to match up with those players who made trillions of isk before you’re Scarcity breeds war bullshat.

The current war wasn’t started due to scarcity, it started because players chose to.

If Ratting for 3 hours gives you 10k isk (made up number), Ratting for 3 hours in other peoples space you took over isn’t going to increase that.

If you mine for 2 hours and make 1isk (hate mining) Fighting for space to mine for the same amount of isk is pointless.

If ISK is Scarce why the feck would you fight a war in which you’re going to lose isk???

The ESS nonsense was the final straw of interferance for me, haven’t bothered to log in my accounts since beginning of november but this popped up on my email and can’t believe you’re still marketing it as a positive thing for the game. Sure people will respond to this in pure internet fasion, “omg if you can’t hack it”, “quit crying” “I like peanuts”, and I care not. I played eve since 2014, I enjoyed the fact that I could play how and where I liked as you should in a sandbox. These updates have taken that away.

I’m sure there are more than enough people who feel the same way. I really think CCP’s attempt at scarcity is going to work too well. Will be interesting to see once holidays and the war wraps up how scarce each system is going to be of players.

7 Likes
1 Like

yes, that would be a viable strategy. give the system owners to get rid of you. (that not means killing you, but it shouldn’t be to much for you to evade the hostile fleet by doing 5 jumps, or?
Or is your strategy so weak that it can only work with perfect immunity through cloak? if so, could be your strategy flawed?
how could it be, that your fleet of ten laughs about a fleet of 100, because they can simply never detect you? where is the reward for getting 100 people into ships and risking them?

1 Like

lmao as alwayse everyone forgets about wormholes…

2 Likes

100 people swarming a 5-10 man camp is not a strategy it’s a mob and it nearly always fails and rightly so. However, when the enemy get smart and lay a trap they have a good chance to kill us cloaky campers. I can live with that.

Ingenuity and tactics should be rewarded, mob mentality should not.

1 Like

i am really curious to see how you ended up with this line after seeing the forum.

1 Like

it must be sad beeing this negative. i really hope something good happens to you today as your seems at the verge of collapse.

even if you only bring 20 guys or an even amount. still the cloaky can stay cloaky and the other side has no way to interact besides waiting. so no content, which is lame to the defender who tries to defend his space. isn’t it?

A defender trying to defend their space in a silly way does not deserve victory because they outnumber their opponent. Many times that “swarm” tactic has failed against us. But many times a few of the enemy get smart, bait a trap and it’s our turn to die.

We in turn try to get smarter, we learn who it is that will likely be bait, what chars are the resourceful ones. We learn to avoid the traps and in turn the enemy get smarter with new traps of their own.

Content is always there for those willing to make it happen and ingenuity brings it’s rewards. Swarming a gate camp with no thought, catching nothing and blaming cloaky tactics for the failure is not an acceptable excuse.

2 Likes

What if bubbles and smartbomb will be nerf too. Such as you can’t lunch bubbles within 1000 km from gates or you can’t use smartbomb within 1000 km from gates. If cloaky camping will be nerf let’s include gate camping.

keep think that i saw alot of shitty pity crybabys pirats get mad because i stop to give him high expensive kills i wonder how this shiit will be keep when the players will stop to use easy expencive ships and use more cheap and hard to kill ships

Hi everyone and merry Christmas. We will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and even create a couple of breakout threads for some more in depth analysis if necessary.

I am hoping we can have a good and productive conversation about the multiple topics brought up in the devblog and by the community.

9 Likes

Absolutely, as part of the re-distribution phase we are improving our content distribution tools, duration and quantity logic. Some of these systems are fairly archaic which resulted in some content breaking.

2 Likes

You could always try testing things first…

Also, will you be addressing why there are so many corvettes whose pilots do not show up either in local or on overview?

2 Likes

nerf the suicide ganking? nah ccp is alowing the suicide ganking if fact they add their own ganking npc fleet the triglavians are ganking every sistem ccp and their balls fuking want

nerf the highsec mining? problably they already know u can still make isk in a good sistem a sistem with 12 belts u get atleast 30m per belt in 1hour using orca and the fact of alot of hs sistem are fuking deads makes easy for the bots mining in paece even with the ironic mining bots from npc corps XD

The nerf of TTT in perimiter is still on they dont like the idea of a corp can get that amount of FREE isk just for having a citadel in hs
if they dont force some kind war they problably gona move permiter to wh space to get that ■■■■ done

1 Like

Geographical scarcity and variance does drive conflict, and did in the past until it was monopolized. We are solving for both with limited quantity and geographically distributed critical resources.

2 Likes

I think its quite clear that the majority of our effort has been on reigning in risk free resource generation in nullsec. EVE should be all about risk and reward, and highsec is a big part of the equation, it should have lower risk and appropriate reward.

7 Likes

Something i don’t understand : why remove the fact to be independent from NS ? Becasue this simple “nerf” is enought to breack the game.
You need to drastically reduce risk if you done that.

That is a misunderstanding, we can confidently start adding more resources and ISK into the economy, by increasing rewards for the highest risk activities.

1 Like

well i stop to giving $$ to ccp i was planing actualy to buy isk in the wrong way unfurtaly the guy was selling get sick of the ccp ■■■■ soo i decide to just farm the plex with pl and skill injectors and focus in another games i feel sad for my corp members but ccp dont know wat the ■■■■ they want they literaly declare a war againts the bots and they cant win that war wiout killing the game

and CCP if u want to ban me for ■■■■ i type doit quick i want a reason to unistal this game i am sure elitedangerus and anoter games will be pleased with my money

1 Like