The EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

Usually I would ignore a reply like this, but it is for all intents and purposes, a complete misrepresentation of what we want to do in 2021.

4 Likes

lol? cince when something was wrong with expecting nerfs from u?

1 Like

More or less spot on!

Why not dynamic DBS increase?
Make DBS regeneration rate directly link to distance from 0.0 NPC/NS?
So if you live near 0.0 NPC for exemple you regeneration rate is increase beaucause you take more risk .

I siagree this idea :
Yes it could lead to conflict … if it’s same kind of space.
Make some part of space with mexalon, other with isogen etc … and yes you could have war to control different area to produce everything.
But make veldpsar only in HS don’t lead to conflict, it lead to boring gameplay and boring logistic.

How about you start droppin details instead of live blogs filled with hot air to prove it?

1 Like

those are good ideas but that is not ccp want they already made clear wat if their obj
war againts the bots even if that war ■■■■ evetring exept the bots XD

Interesting idea.

1 Like

And yet, this is the third most liked post in the thread, many people agree with it.
Number one and two ain’t exactly any different either.

You see, if we try to see what you WANTED to do from the results of your doing, this is the conclusion one arrives to.
If you think this conclusion is incorrect, you should either get better at doing, or connecting your wants and wishes to reality.

1 Like

Everything about it is complicated, who can cloak, how cloaking works, who can cloak and cyno, the different use cases for cloaking, the necessity of big game hunting, local.

It is a precarious balance, and will probably require a number of intermediary steps to get completely right. That’s why it hasn’t been tackled in a meaningful way for years but we are up for the challenge in 2021.

3 Likes

I could propose you a change who will make cloack more ueselles to catch farmer (so you could nerf afk cloacking) if you want, and who will create more pvp in space.(a little long to write), could i pm it to you to avoid a big block of text here ?

i saw the risk alot of then but i dont see the reward unless the reward is
i risk 2b in a ship and have a change of 80% to lose that ship in X thing for example abysal and i got only 100m “potentality” becuse i still have to make my way back to amarr /jita and ofcurse dont get blapep because there are a triglavian fleet in perimeter killing freigters and another ships

asuming i have the trade skills high and the market bots are not working in abysal stuff i get 80-90m for risk a 2b ship in abysal is that correct?

1 Like

i am still waiting for the heavybomber they promice year ago

That’s cool.
There could be stuff like hacking and whatnot in those objective missions also.

But you know, more complex and harder it is. The easier is for single griefer to disrupt it with low to no investment. Remote reps/etc… single EMC from a frig could break it, etc…

Let exit be public and have gankers potentially there. So it could “almost” be a fair fight (it won’t be anyway).
Or like you said it’s not instanced but all ships on grid are “equal” targets to AI. And AI starts targeting newcomers instantly (if it has enough target locks available). So gankers could find themselves in deep ■■■■. As long as it’s not heavily tilted towards aggressors its fine.

emm the nerf of the moons
the nerf of lvl 4 misions
the core shiittti thing
the war event
the tax maker force skills
i gona said the ice belt nerf
the deleting of the ore anomalis in hs
the triglavian chapter 3 in general
the tank ship nerf

and null only get part of that ore nerf
rencelty they have ore sites and the spawn rate is more solid
they increse the % u can ratt in null beucase ofcurse and another ■■■■ i dont care but is prety much the same

One other factor in the AFK cloaking issue is, as usual in Eve (mining, cit proliferation), how it has very different consequences depending on how it scales and the number of alts involved.

There are big differences between

• a cloaky scouting for safe passage, exploration, etc…

• a cloaky scanning alt on a WH entrance to keep ears on the splashes into the WH he scanned while the main is doing his thing.

• a farm of alts logging in to AFK monitor a complete region, streaming their gate views and correlating traffic/local.

• the same farm doing the same thing with the added ability to tackle and cyno blops in.

‘AFK’ is a fuzzy notion. Yes, there are alts who are perma AFK’ing, but there are also legit use cases for temporary AFK’ing, such as having a meal while or else while being deep in a WH chain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope CCP DEV will be consistent with this kind of DEV/Player communication. It will lessen the misunderstanding and lessen the outcries of players. We just want to understand where are we heading.

2 Likes

Your average krabbing boat makes ~15 million isk per tick (20 minutes).
It also doesn’t stop Covert Cynos, which is what’s most commonly used for ganking.

So, could some new deployable, that would work like mobile depot (can be scooped back into the cargo), while being more expensive AND blocking covert cynos work? Or does that break other parts of the game too much?

In general, I hope they don’t mess with cloaks in general, I often stay cloaked in a system for few hours while exploring since I have to leave the PC due to real life. So for example force decloak every hour would be very… unpleasant.

1 Like

Great, you are going to ruin the industry too?

2 Likes

Standings with "Empire
LP Store - “Empire” Navy. Makes most sense.
ISK

New players need more than just money.
Help them, give them more reasons to fly around where they can meet other players. ISK is just ISK.

I would drop frig/destro level t1 1run BPCs into rat loot in 0.8-1.0.
Cruiser/BC into 0.6-0.7
rare BS in 0.5
Have some named rats dropping limited selection of faction modules and ammo.
Have some rats trigger escalate like lvl1/2 combat sites

Have someone with maxed skills reach 10-15mil/tick + loot/lp/standings in 0.5 (that’s kinda lvl4 mish runner right now).
Basically have rats for “grind” like current missions are. And transition agent missions into objective play where more is required (like remote rep, hack a door, defend a ship, remote cap, capture a thief(web/scram), etc…) with larger missions requiring wider skills/extra modules (more people).

1 Like