The EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

Theres is always a shill for the status quo somewhere.

so true, no matter what the handful of devs come up with , there are thousands of player minds to come up with ways to abuse it, use it , or work around it. Better to have the players working with you on these long term objectives

I don’t think that a threshold of 100 bombers is a reason to call hyperspatial supercarriers easy to gank before fax arrive.

There’s never been a way to quickly steal someone else’s income before the ESS addition

Then you’ve seen neither bomber’s bar, nor a typical group of Legacy hunting in Delve.

Or, for that matter, GSF Black Ops hunting in Oasa.

Aunt Jemima’s Southern Kitchen springs to mind. The straw that broke the input broadcasting iskboxer’s back.

I sat here thinking about what to write for about 20 mins now.

After the 5th time I’ve watched a max coward overprop stabber steal my ess isk on my ishtar alts, I’ve decided that its no longer worth my time logging those accounts in. 2 accounts unsubbed.

40$ a month saved for me!

After reading about ANOTHER possible balance pass to mining, I’ve decided that continuing to skill rorqual alts might not be worth it. 2 more accounts unsubbed.

40$ a month saved for me!

Will be intrested to see how this game continues into the new year, but so far this dev blog just saved me 80$ a month. They made it sound like there’s a reasonable probability that the super/cap alts will be getting unsubbed as well. That could save me the last 100$ a month I spend on this game.

Anyone here tried shadowlands yet? Worth playing?

2 Likes

Sounds to me like someone didn’t think of using a 100MN Phantasm. Stabbers are so slow… :smirk:

They are already long burnt out of the bubble if you go there with a phant. Already tried that one too.

The annoyance factor is now out weighing the benifit of bothering to log them in and watch local.

Easier to just unsub the accounts. If I NEEDED the isk, id probably make more buying / selling 40$ worth of plex anyway. But, ive got such a terriable outlook on how CCP has chagned the game over the last year, that I really dont want to give them another 40$ of my money every month anymore anyway.

3 Likes

I think balance is very important as it is a key factor in making meaningful choices. A stale capital meta, instead of being an interesting challenge to solve, becomes a tedious chore, over time. You are on the right track with where our vision for ihubs is, to get there may mean multiple small steps towrads that goal.

2 Likes

To you and a few other, the logic of how ice and some other anomalies are distributed, had a few surprises, we have applied a few fixes but are aware that it’s not 100% where it needs to be.

2 Likes

I will try to get to the bottom of your issues with the Triglavian invasion content. The Ecosystem segment is responsible for the Triglavian/Edencom distribution and balance, ships and resources and our intent is to create a unique geographical flavor of resources within Pochven.

1 Like

Uncontrolled wealth generation is and was the reason for the scarcity era, and the intent was always to get to a point below healthy, and then add back resources through re-distribution. PLEX price is subject to supply and demand within the economy, so will always adjust to its current state. Someone must always generate the in-game wealth to purchase PLEX so CCP has no financial motive other than the drive for a healthier game for everyone.

3 Likes

I assure you, nothing would make me happier than to have zero bots in EVE, right now, right this second. We do as much as we can with the resources we have, which incidentally have been increased substantially with investments, both in teams and tools, over the last year. It does not mean we can respond to every report, all the time. But we are doing our best.

6 Likes

Glad to hear it!

1 Like

You raise a lot of really good points, all I can say is that I have bookmarked them and plan to revisit in the new year.

1 Like

I hope to add to the Risk, Reward and Attention framework in a separate breakout thread once I get through this one!

3 Likes

“Address one of the most debated subjects in EVE, AFK cloaky camping”

OMG not this again !!! I’ve been hearing this since like forever …

Many good points, but most are not in the domain of Ecosystem. I will pass the rest on.

1 Like

It seems like you desire player driven and also playing how you want, yet claim they are mutually exclusive. The ESS, by definition, is player content, bounties earned by players and stolen/defended by players.

I think both are possible, the only difference being risk and reward.

These are the different use cases I mentioned, which is why we are hellbent on a complete dissemination of the cloaking play/counterplay dynamics.

1 Like