The EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

Oh don’t worry. After the war is over I and many others will. Thing is CCP could actually use this war to make returning players want to stay after it’s over but they are doing the opposite. They are screaming to me don’t stay a second longer than the war.

9 Likes

They reverted the drone aggro (although ill admit ive no idea if they will relook at that)

2 Likes

Then we’ll see what happens after the war with the numbers that log in

1 Like

now as the Empires’ patience with intrusive Capsuleers in Highsec is wearing thin .”
Trigs run amok in highsec while concord is chilling and watching. What means intrusive, who is intrusive? What does this mean? The empires will make a “safer” Highsec or more expensive highsec?

Does anybody know where this boat is sailing? I dont know anymore. :man_shrugging:

20 Likes

There is a promise there in plain cfccpian to squash drone aggro once again, when they can separate it from drone assist.

1 Like

The dev blog was a good read, and I like the direction that they’re trying to take the game. It’s just that some of the changes don’t always have their intended effect. Even if I’m skeptical about the actual implementation of these changes (the ESS changes have nerfed ratting too much IMO), it at least seems like they’re genuinely trying to improve the game.

I look forward to the cloaking changes, and I hope for some iteration on the ESS system too. In particular, I don’t think it should be possible to engage in zero risk ESS robbing by filamenting into a system, going into the ESS, running away from anyone who shows up to defend, using asset safety to teleport your bonds, and then filamenting out so that you never have to go through a stargate to rob people. Stargates are the only place you’re going to catch a 100mn Phantasm that isn’t willing to engage, and by completely circumventing the stargates they eliminate all the risk from what should be a very risky process.

5 Likes

You’re talking to the people that implemented completely risk-free ganktarding via blackout, and STILL damage control it to be the “good idea”. Their definition of risk and how reasonable people define risk are very different things.

5 Likes

Gankers world will collapse if ccp decide to deactivate the red button in highsec. I hope this will not happen. Highsec will become unbalanced.

2 Likes

Why is that such a bad thing?

1 Like

the intention is to revisit high-risk income platforms like Carriers and Marauders

:thinking: sup with marauders ?

3 Likes

You kidding? It was so bad even cfccp decided to roll it back. For that to happen, things not only need to be “this should never get implemented” bad (because MESS is here), this gotta be so obviously bad that even the incompetence at the helm in CCP would be able to tell that it’s bad.

5 Likes

I still think it’s kinda sad how you banned all gambling websites. Then introduced your own gamboling system. Reason why I quit playing this game.

5 Likes

If you played to gamble, good riddance.
You can ignore gambling in eve and lose nothing.

4 Likes

It is already unbalanced, you have to be brain dead to be ganked in highsec. I say they will increase taxes or something, removing the red button would be crazy.

1 Like

they rolled it back because it affected other things, what i mean is that if you do say level 4 missions or some other form of PVE and the drones dont auto aggro an NPC, so what?

If you are at the keyboard you just assign a key to engage and set them on to another target, least thats what I do or have i been playing it wrong?

CCP wil not fix anything in 2021.
In 2021 we wil see more …

20 Likes

Nah, can’t agree with this tirade, Orca.

First, on the IHUBs: What they’ve said on-stream when they weren’t being careful indicated that they really are looking for better IHUB customization, like ‘This system will be spod-rich, and the one next door will have lots of Gneiss’.

And the Reserve Bank keys aren’t going to provide disincentive to ratting—that money’s already gone, from the ratter’s POV. It’s not paying out to the ratters. What it will do is provide alliances more reason to defend. After all, that money can essentially replace ratting taxes… if the alliance can get it. So the really high-traffic systems, even with a low DBS multiplier, will be worth working to secure.

In fact, because a portion of the bounty reduction from the DBS goes to the reserve bank, the ones with the lowest multipliers will be the ones most worth securing. That’s where the money will consistently be, which lets alliances focus on those areas. Even though it means lower individual payouts, the collective benefits may seriously outweigh any pressure to spread out or move around.

You know, basically exactly what CCP didn’t want.

And no… procedural generation of resources across the game doesn’t benefit bots.

Also, I think you’re misinterpreting what they mean by ‘revisiting high-risk income platforms’. If they’re saying those platforms are high-risk, they may be looking at ways to make it worth the risk.

In fact, I think you’re getting a lot of the rest of it pretty much backwards. If the highsec changes make standings matter, make what you do in empire-space matter, then that’s a good thing.

And Rorqs need a sustainable role, but let’s face it, the right role is hard to do without also making it the centerpiece of an invasion. Because the big advantage of the Rorq was never its yield (though that was too high), it was its mobility. If Rorqs mine exactly as much as Procurers do, you’ll still see people preferring Rorqs, because they can jump direct to the moon-field and then directly out to the refinery. ISK/time isn’t the determining metric, it’s ISK/effort.

9 Likes

why do you play this game, exactly?
nothing ccp do will please you. even if they rolled the whole game back by 10 years to the “golden age”, you still wouldn’t be happy.
why don’t you go and find a game that lowers your blood pressure and leave this game to those of us who, amazingly, actually enjoy it.
There is plenty to enjoy in this game. If you are gonna stay, try looking for it and find something you love instead of raging like a child when something changes that forces you to make some adjustments to your gameplay.
Not all of ccp’s changes have been good, and some have caused my former favourite things to largely disappear. But I didn’t cry, I found new things that I loved as much and do those instead.
Now go HTFU

15 Likes

They’re basically loot-pinatas, much like carriers. Where carriers get killed easily (and faster than defense fleets can respond) by bomber groups, Marauders can be ganked just as safely and efficiently by disposable destroyers whose total value isn’t even 1% that of the ship they’re killing or the modules that are likely to drop.

17 Likes

Please consider addressing skill injector farming. There is little incentive for people to move ‘production’ outside of Perimeter (as a tax haven) and Jita (as a hypernet relay hub).

5 Likes