The good fight

Go for it. Never let anyone tel you how to play this game.

There are plenty of arrogant jerks out there who will try.

Mission flipping can still be done, but takes a lot of patience. Omar does it and knows his stuff. I don’t play all that often right now.

From a skill perspective, I’d recommend anywhere but null. Maybe with the right group it would be ok, but my experience is that null guys mostly just learn to follow directions…

Sheep do that also!

Faction warfare space you can find some good fights, but everyone and their bored grandmas have carriers and strategic dessies now down there, so expect drops, and blobs, and lots of them if you fight on gates especially. Plexes are a different ballgame, but you’ll end up chasing after LP farming bots more than anything else these days.

My advice if you’re gonna keep at it solo, is learn the ropes with the cheap stuff, frigs and dessies, then you should start considering to invest in a High Grade Snake implant set, as like I said, speed is almost everything, especially against fighting blobs. You want to bet on the 120% ability to engage and disengage at will from battle and dictate engagements to your favour, always.

See Nana’s post below:

Nothing forces you to run like a battle.
You run when you attack, you run when you retreat.
When you can’t run anymore, you die.

Thats from movie Seven Samurai.

1 Like

Yeah, it is rife on these forums, but it is what it is, you just have to quash it when you can, then if it rears its head again (as in a reply) you ignore it and move on, they soon get bored.

I like the sound of this, i often try and fit a web in along with a scram and generally ignore ships that don’t allow the fitting room, but I may give this a go

Snakes are nice. If you fly small, a set of Halos are pure damage reduction…

It’s all rich for my blood, but if I was going for a set it would be halos… not snakes.

Much cheaper. Damage application applies to all maneuver scenarios… only bad thing is it won’t give you range control.

I personally never tried Halos, but i primarily do love snakes for arty canes and cynabals though, those things are hellafun to fly around and away from other things :wink:

Halos are a poor frigate scrapper’s friend, high grade is 300m or so, if I recall correctly.

I’ve never bought them, but I knew a guy who used to do amazing work with those and an incusus.

The halo set offers 21% damage reduction as long as your base radius is smaller than what’s shooting you… with no risk or other contingencies, ie - snakes aren’t all that effective when you have to slow down for some reason.

If you fly small ships they’re almost always good… and even better with armor boats.

I also love the squire 4-5% power grid upgrade… good for shoehorning unreasonable quantities of tank onto fast little ships. (I actually do spend for one of these).

It varies a lot and you can look up prices here:

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/implants/

Ouuuh right I forgot, freighters have 30 turret slots a rapid ancillary doomsday, 45 heavy fighter tubes and of course 50 point defense batteries.

Every time a freighter pilot undocks, they “just forget to fill their fighter tubes, AMIRITE”.

Jump freighters are so op, they kill all super dupers in dullsec all time, CCPlease nerf the super stronkhh jump freighters.

You’re a tool.

Show us where the bad boy touched you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.