The Larold's Guide to Crimson Harvest 2018

my dual pith c-type invuls + gist b large SB gila was not able to tank the full harvester’s boss+3 silo at the same time.

However once I ol the invuls it was good.

the BS from the harvester can engage you to 60km (I had dectivated my SB and I noticed my shield dropping with only a BS at 60km )

The best strategy IMO is to shoot cruisers first, they are easy to kill and have the highest DPS/tank . BUT if the frigs are going above 800 m/s then they are using mwd and they should be top priority.

To spawn the boss wave in the harvester, just approach the structure, then burn back (both with mwd) so that you don’t get caught by webs. Start shooting the frigates, cut down mwd when they are more than 30km from you, activate again when they are 25-km . A mach can one shot the frigs when they activate mwd, if they are burning towards you. again, target the fast moving frigs first.

if you just care about bpcs, spawn boss wave in harvester, kill the destroyer, drop MTU , BM it, warp off - don’t even care about silos. in gauntlet, kill the shields, kill the BC, kill everything then wait for and kill the DS, warp off. I personnaly warp at 30 in gauntlets. This way you can chain gauntlet->harvester-> gauntlet

This is freaking awesome. I have a baiting abandoned cruised floating in wh space for 3 days already and noone (lterally noone!) enters this WH.
People are so busy ratting these blood stuff in HS, that noone is interested in wormholes.

Huh? Are you serious?

CCP, next time make sure your events are happening in HS space, so that NS guys would cry…

I brought my basi’s down and 4 reps total on the cynabal was much more than sufficient, that’s at most 1800 in reps, I tinker fit 2 cynabals for what I call the Tinker Bal setup but no one was clapping because I promptly shot my own alt and concorded myself, UCD utility high for a faction or dead space cap transfer and putting in egress maximizer rigs does work though putting both ships at + 5 gigajoule cap.

Giving the basilisks light drones and then a signing those drones to the mainship resulted in knee un-contestable sites for me, thinking about bringing down my link eos with salvagers in the highs on another alt just for shits and giggles DPS for a high sec site.

Also: Salvage table is normal blood Raider Fair

Thanks for the guide…

o/
Santa

3 Likes

LOL Guilty…
well not “me” of course, but my main…

I just a jolly fellow who doesn’t run sites

I’ve been able to solo the entirety of the Gauntlets in a blaster Proteus. My fit is as follows, nothing blingy of it:

[Proteus, Protozoia 0-2]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Medium Capacitor Booster II
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Expanded Probe Launcher I

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Proteus Core - Augmented Fusion Reactor
Proteus Defensive - Nanobot Injector
Proteus Offensive - Hybrid Encoding Platform
Proteus Propulsion - Hyperspatial Optimization

Hornet EC-300 x5
Acolyte II x5

Let’s say this is the wave that spawns after nuking the shield projector:

Web up frigates that get too close and hit them with Null, throw your light drones on them as well. One rep on constantly, hit the second as needed. Take out all web frigates, ignore normal dps frigs if present, then go immediately for the cap neuters. They’ll come in range for Null, so just volley them with that and drones until they’re gone. Then go for any cruisers on field, throw your drones back on the frigates. The cruisers are cleared pretty quick. Once they’re gone, the battlecruiser is top priority. Move in range with the MWD and blast that fucker with Void. That damn BC is insanely tanky, so a few dozen volleys might be needed, luckily it doesn’t track well at 2,500m. Wipe it out, then throw your drones on any battleships present to whittle them down as you collect the loot (if you have an MTU, disregard that last sentence and just go for the BS’s).
The next wave will come in after ~10-20 seconds, so get ready with Null again to repeat this entire set of instructions. Luckily the boss dessie isn’t too tanky, so you can save on Void by hitting at range with Null. The most you need to worry about is the neuts and webs as per standard priority. The Proteus fit is very cheap compared to a blingy Gila or battleship, and will get the job done with decent piloting.

nice post … thank you for the info.

I found a dead Hulk and the large spawn on the site in one instance … was quite interesting. Cleared that spawn with an Ishkur … One of my previous attempts with a Wolf failed miserably, but I think it was my target prioritization. Did not go for the destroyer as first target …

1 Like

I have found target prioritization to be key as well. My philosophy is biggest-DPS-reduction-with-easy-kill. Surprisingly, I found myself switching to taking out the cruisers right after the destroyer. (They’re soft, and I didn’t realize how much combined damage they were doing until I started looking.)

While the BS hit hard, they take longer to kill, and in the meantime you’ve got a bunch of ships still hitting you that you could take out easily.

When I have it down to just the two BS and a couple of frigates, even sitting still, the damage is completely manageable.

2 Likes

Gauntlet sites are doable with AFs (I am running them in an AC Wolf, also tried Ishkur), you need damage projection up to web range and kill frigs first. In the last spawn it is imperative to kill the Destroyer first, then frigs, then Filthrakers. The other spawns go frigs, Filthrakers then cruisers and the rest.

I had all 3 initial spawns on me at one time, once the frigs are down, hardly anything hits me.

Harvest main spawn has too many frigs for an AF to survive unless you kill the destroyer first and then clear the frigs.

Important note I’m sure you’ve all noticed by now you usually cant warp out due to “natural phenomena” and they web the crap out of you… so that’s a problem. lost my praxis yesterday boo but it was a cheap fit anyway… it is possible to tank though… I’ve done it before in a BS… you just have to kill them all! Takes about five mins. but they seem to be changing this on the fly. Anyway… the way I tanked it was to have a big xlarge booster an amplifier, four hardeners and a heavy cap booster two… went through about 10 cap 800 charges… but when ya gotta tank you gotta tank. That is my raven fit though… I came in with the praxis next day and didn’t know about the warp disruption… I see guys tank it with a rattlesnake lots though.
ps: if you stick to light drones… they cant hit em even if they want to.

Never seen that issue, what were you trying to warp to?

I didn’t have it till yesterday I had just triggered the aggro and tried to warp out and couldn’t I was 48 km from the beacon and headed for the banana.
ps : ive experienced this warp disruption effect when out there in my procurer and it was enabled even when I wasn’t close enough for the banana spawn. Tried warping back to the crimson harvest fields beacon and a random station. had to double back to get out. maybe 5 km.
I’m gonna trigger it with the rookie ship from now on if I have time.

You only generally see that message when you try to warp to the deadspace you are already in. So if you were in a Harvest site and you tried to warp to the Harvest beacon on the overview for example.

2 Likes

At the time of the praxis I was warping to my home station.

That seems really odd. Wonder if anyone else has experienced that.

nope, never.
I could safely warp off (unless I warped to the bacon of the site or in the deadspace)

I suppose its possible I targeted the beacon without realizing it

1 Like

I warped out from both Gauntlet and Harvest sites when in structure without problem so I don’t see the issue …

This seems the most likely explanation as I myself never had issue warping off from deadspace pockets (in the past and even today both in case of event sites and normal deadspace locations) unless trying to warp to the site beacon from inside the pocket or anything within the pocket itself (in case the pocket had this warp disrupting natural phenomena).

that is likely it, we’ve never been able to warp away to some part of the same complex unless there was an acceleration gate.
I have also seen instances of trying to warp to a station or something and had the overview jump (like with a spawn or something) causing me to click on the wrong thing and get the message too.

unless of course there’s a new bug?