The Larold's Guide to Crimson Harvest 2018

“Liars of multi billion ISK ships” to tank the site? I have a T1 battleship fully T2 fit … and it doesn’t even come close to 500mil …

Useful post or not, you’re a bit … Snowflake :snowflake:

Well. I often use HAC for tricky operations like in lowsec. They tend to have high dps combined with good tank. They can lock targets decently and have good maneuvarability. For the event i use an bling ishtar with about 1k dps. Pretty fragile but if you stay on the move it can handle even the banana spawn of death. And i didnt even use my doubblerep muninn with at least 725dps. You can take out bling t3c with that beast. At least if they got an blasterfit :slight_smile: glhf

I believe you are confused in the spawn I was referring to.

I would be very interested to see your T1 battleship fit that can face-tank the banana spawn in the HARVEST site.

I’m not talking about any wave what-so-ever in the Gauntlet, nor the silo-spawned waves. I’m talking about the banana-spawn, 10-frigate-6-neut-cruiser-2-bs-1-destroyer spawn when you get within about 40 of the station - the one that lands close enough where almost everything starts applying full dps right away.

If you are indeed referring to tanking the banana spawn in the harvest site with a T1 BS fitted at less than 500 million, the event-runners would greatly appreciate it if you could post a YouTube video or at least your fit.

Thanks.

1 Like

rofl.

You just need to have a mwd , 30km range guns, and fit armor(or T2 matar shield). Then it’s gg.
also only use acolyte, not infiltrators

I did like a hundred of harvesters. They are easy peasy. approach the structure, once boss spawns burn back to beacon. target and shoot frigates. last frigates, burn back to cruisers, while your drones chew the frigs. kill frigates first, then destroyer, then BS. then drop MTU, BM it, warp to next beacon (gauntlet). same here, only you don’t need to burn back to beacon.total 10min gauntlet+harvester. even less.

1 Like

That’s a great rundown thanks.

Oddily I have been kiting the blood raiders in a jackdaw the entire event. Only ever been hit if I lost concentration. Sharpshooter, snipe from 95kms with Caldari mjolnar missiles. Mjolnar fury at 72kms for the bigger stuff. Drop an MTU to mop up the loot. Dunno if this is helpful but a few people were disbelieving me when I said that’s what I was doing (4,475 ehp) only using a small clarity shield booster for the odd mistake.

I tried in a cruiser and failed. Dunno if this makes it more accessible for anyone having trouble.

1 Like

No no - like others, you misunderstand. You MOVED AWAY from the spawn.

I’m looking for someone to explain how a T1 battleship with a non-bling fit can tank the banana spawn WITHOUT MOVING, which seems to be what was claimed earlier.

Moving away, it’s trivial. Pick off the frigs, then cruiser, then BS, as I suggested in my original post.

1 Like

I love the Jackdaw, and was hoping someone would try this event in a T3D so I could hear how it went. Glad it works for you - that range is outstanding. (And yep, sharpshooter mode FTW.)

From warping into the site to the moment you pack up the mtu and warp out, roughly how long would you say your tun takes?

1 Like

I mean I get the impression it was gonna be slower than people doing it in a Gila, but it’s not that bad. You know I’ve never timed it. But I shall. I don’t get on often so all I was aiming for was the Mach skin, which I got. But now I’m nearly at 800, 1000 is not far off.

I reckon it takes 15 mins but I wil time and feedback.

By the way, never have to warp out to recover. It can get boring kiting, but a means to an end.

I totally get it. I wasn’t criticizing - I was just curious about the length of time. I was going to try it myself for the sole purpose of learning the time involved, but figured I’d be able to learn from your experience faster. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gauntlet - Jackdaw- 18m36s

Not fast but doable.

1 Like

Awesome - thanks! Very useful for lots of folks to know.

1 Like

Interesting … and I thought I was slow …

Gauntlet - Wolf - 15m48s

Bare in mind I am not max skilled. I have sub 15m SPs on the char I was using. Missile skills mostly III and supporting skills III or IV.

So for chars with Vs and maybe implants it would be quicker. Just as a rough guide.

well yeah, but you are never in any danger at that distance … I am have to be sub 10km at all times

How do you find the in-game Event channel? TIA

In the Agency window for the event, there’s a little icon (iirc it’s on the right side of the window) that opens the events channel.

@The_Larold I know it’s a bit late but definitely a nice guide for the event. Thanks for taking the time to share info with the Eve Community.

The first time I jumped into the Crimson Harvest Field site with my Loki (active shield omni tank combat fit), I destroyed a Silo and while maneuvering around within the site fighting that spawn wave I got in under 40km range of the Blood Battlestation and spawned the big reinforcement wave next to me as well.

They basically stopped my ship and started depleting my Capacitor. I launched my 5x T2 Hob’s since the NPC Ewar Frigs were under my guns and with the 2x Rapid Light Missile Launcher II’s that were fit, started removing the NPC Ewar.

Now I had already previously turned off my Afterburner mod when the Ewar first hit me and I actually had to turn off my Invul Shield mod as well just to help conserve Cap in order to keep my Large Shield Booster running. After taking out a few of the NPC Ewar Frigs, I was able to start moving, activated Afterburner again and was able to use my guns on the remaining Ewar NPC Frigs.

I was definitely sweating it for a while, watching 1/4 to 1/3rd of my shield go down and then get repaired back to full again with each cycle of my shield booster (851.9 hp’s per cycle). Obviously using Faction / Deadspace mods with max skills and having high shield resistance stats on ship also helped.

Anyway, after that I always maintained +40km range from the Blood Battlestation until after clearing out all the Silo spawns first.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.