The like and get likes thread II

I’ve been thinking.

9 Likes

Oh, absolutely. All my taste buds sent me so many signals, it was like a symphony.

8 Likes

And with what genius did you come up? Are you turning your kart into a drone and make it fly?

8 Likes

And now,
for some more system design
mixed with fiction

If you can’t hear it,
https://www.letasoft.com/
for 500% volume boost on the normal amplifier system
and

for another 100% volume boost on the same amp, from Google Chrome.

8 Likes

From the authors of “the submarine that couldn’t float”, now comes “the submarine that doesn’t fits in the docks”

You just gotta love how the estimated buoyancy was wrong because "someone had put a decimal point in the wrong place, and nobody paid attention to review the calculations”.

Spain is pain. :scream:

9 Likes

Still better than our Polish submarine forces. We have submarines that belong in museum, on the sight of enemy they will sink and never again resurface. :disappointed:

10 Likes

I’m still thinking. I simply like to think.

9 Likes

Maybe similar to this one?

10 Likes

Poland has submarines? Poland has a navy???

9 Likes

“Currently, the Polish Navy operates 48 ships, including: 2 frigates, 2 corvettes, 4 patrol submarines, 3 fast-attack craft, 20 mine destroyers, 5 mine layers, 4 salvage ships, 6 auxiliary ships and 2 training vessels. Also, the navy operates 37 naval aircraft, including 9 maritime patrol planes, 4 transport planes, 10 search air-rescue helicopters, 8 anti-submarine warfare helicopters, 2 transport helicopters and 2 utility helicopters.” - from wikipedia

9 Likes

Last time I checked we had 3, well, maybe they actually moved them to museum now. :joy:

8 Likes

Switzerland has a Navy, too.

9 Likes

They can support other navies with forces.

9 Likes

Thinking is a nice hobby, but be careful for signs that you’re thinking too much. Thinking makes us depressive.

10 Likes

When I read “the big problem with interstellar travel”, I thought of the energy trap. At some point, moving stuff from place A to place B will cost more energy than just synthetize it from pure energy. At that point, space travel becomes futile.

10 Likes

You need to have the device working there though, it might be more feasible after first reaching there once.

Also, synthetic atoms are not the same as items created from energy, with radio-activity.

8 Likes

That’s the point, once you move and set up the “builder machine” you really don’t need to move there never again… but to deliver people, maybe. And conversely, nothing there might be valuable enough to be transported back, unless it’s something handmade by a genius… and then, delivering the information to create a perfect copy would be cheaper and easier, although it would lack the “uniqueness” of the original.

Just, maybe at one point, spending massive energy to travel FTL is actually safer and easier than try to synthetize stuff from energy… spending more energy in a convenient way could save space trade, then.

10 Likes

People can’t be traveled there until the health problem for the bone is solved.

FTL is not possible since the space around the light moves faster than the light can be moving in it.
So, as the space expand between our nearest system and space expansion rate is different with another system, which is now further, but will be closer, it’s the space that controls that speed, and the coordinates related to it.

8 Likes

Aaand, now it’s my beddy time (past it, actually). Nighties lovelies!

Also: I’m not that geek, but I feel geek love in the air…

9 Likes

Find someone to pay to move it and the trade will happen.
You can’t sell real estate on other planet or the moon though.
It was once advertised as legal, but it’s against an international treaty.

9 Likes