The like and get likes thread II

I need not wonder how they get medium boats in and outta the water anymore. Had to weld up two tie straps on site. Somethin about it not fitting on a truck… Tires 2 times as tall as the average guy. Sheesh this thing was huge.

6 Likes

All i can do is sigh deeply and wonder if someone is trying to compensate for something…

5 Likes

Good morning LAGLers!

Same day as today…

…in 1714, the city of Barcelona surrendered and so ended the Spanish Succesion war with a Bourbon/French victory
…in 1973, a US sponsored coup d’etat toppled president Salvador Allende and ended Chile’s democracy, the oldest in Latin America. Following the coup began a cruel dictature which murdered and prosecuted thousands
…in 2001, a multiple terror attack in New York and Washington involving hijacked airliners murdered thousands and triggered a series of military responses that spread war and chaos over vast areas of Middle East and Asia, a situation that still hasn’t cleared up now in 2018

For lack of a better occasion, here in my neck of the woods we have a holiday to remember the 1714 defeat… so today I’m on holiday.

6 Likes

Good morning, Yiole and other LAGLers.

Time to remember some history, only history, nothing political:

7 Likes

Probably the slowest Ferrari ever made. :thinking:

Timezone everyone. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

6 Likes

No wonder EVE in china was full of bots. :thinking:

7 Likes
5 Likes

that’s what she said

5 Likes

I think you need to revise your checkbook, or maybe you lost your checkbook somewhere.

5 Likes

“Get to the chopper!” - Dutch.

6 Likes

Sooo… they just wanted a fair chance to cheat like everybody else since their abbility to cheat was seriously hampered after years of cheating too well. :thinking:

Looks like symptom of a flawed system.

5 Likes

That’s some nice invention for a world without wind, a lower gravity, wide streets, riders with null motion sensitivenes, careful drivers and tailor-made overpasses and bridges.

I wonder where will they find that world so their concept becomes something else than a pipe dream. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

We are in YC 120. I’m getting old. My hair is now all white as you can see. I’m not as stable as I used to be.

5 Likes

Today I had a decent walk. Couldn’t make much ISK today.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

And now yes, it’s my beddy time. Nighties lovelies!

Also: how and why your car (probably) fakes its sound

5 Likes

When I was going to apply for my avionics course, and the 9 months intensive avionics training i was offered from the federal government in 1987 while on employment insurance, most of those automated system didn’t deal that much with those factors (not including 2 military related professions with that, since both are still under NDAs).
Now, they take into accounts all those factors and more, into accounts, and more effectively.
Of course, there are still margin of errors, but the accuracy level of those margin is also more accurately calculated and implemented into the equation.
It would have costed a lot more money to do that in 1950 (or 1955, when my father was around 18).
Of course, they are still in prototype phase (of the system design and implementation).
However, that is not in the analysis phase, although the data is input into the planning phase of the new system.

Now they refuse me insurance because I didn’t take the course back then.
It’s in court mind you.
They also owe me more though.
The point is that intensive course was worth more than they owe me, but they didn’t want to pay me for it, because that they would have paid for the higher course cost instead.
Of course, I would have gained from the course learning, and maybe get employment, even though I was not bondable where they offered it to me.
I would have most likely failed even if I would succeeded in learning part of it.
Even military level training takes 3 years to complete, 60% longer.
It would now be good to design prototype systems from it.

I got zero for over 2 days in a row.
I managed to buy new implants.

Bogota By Bus

5 Likes

Throws a swan
There. Realy psychotic bird.

6 Likes

Advertisement, but actually a very nice looking one, lots of nice views. Imagine all of this would become an island in GTA game. With Gojira and mechas running around. :thinking:

And those:

Timezone everyone. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Variety just interviewed Hilmar about the PA acquisition and… oh well. He’s Hilmar. His reality may vary comapred to everybody else’s.

Juicy bits:

• the October deal is for 225 million upfront and 200 in performance payouts
  • Hilmar plans to rewrite the basic engine of EVE Online to update it and ready for the Third Decade (capitals are his)
  • Hilmar states that VR is not in a condition that makes good business to do business with it
  • Hilmar think that S. Korea is a sign of things to come to the West in 3-5 years -i.e. hardcore portable games will be a thing in the West
  • Hilmar thinks that the acquisition will immprove the odds of a EVE Online audiovisual production -a TV series or a film
  • CCP would be working on a new IP for a PC multiplayer game, plus the already known projects Nova, Aurora and Galaxy (apparently Variety mistakes one of the projects for a PC MMO)

Since rewriting the base engine for EVE tantamounts to developing EVE 2, the obvious question is with what new employees hired with what money he plans to do that. Else the development of the thing people actually pay for (the game) will slow down… and that’s something EVE can’t afford in no way.

Also as for S. Korea being a sign of the future… well… shall we consider how “slightly” different is SK about the P2W and lootbox matters? What in heavens makes Hilmar think that SK trends point the future of Western trends when they disagree on the essential matter of paying for the games? And how did the fact that SK players are known to be maniac about gaming escape his attention?

Oh and by the way, Hilmar is contractually bound to stick with the company. Guess he’s done a cash out, rather than a bail out.

7 Likes