The like and get likes thread II

No, it’s not (just) ordinary sand. “Kinetic” sand and all the other brands are sands coated with silicone oils. Silicone oil mollecules tend to stick to each other but don’t stick so easily to other surfaces so this is why the sand is moldable yet non-sticky to touch.

Since there’s endless kinds of silicone oils, many brands exist, but they all use the same principle, coating the sand (some aren’t even actual sand) with silicone oil to change its behavior.

12 Likes

Well, I remember good usual sand being non sticky when dry. Only water made it sticky, so I think we had it fairly simple and cheap with just water that evaporates. Non toxicity and eco friendliness probably thru the roof with just sand and water tho. :ok_hand:

11 Likes
12 Likes

IT RUBS THE FACEBOOK ON ITS SKIN OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN! - Mark Zuckerberg

13 Likes

Can’t edit the post without trash Discourse telling me “You have been logged out” after 2 seconds, so I’ll respond to it instead.

Cell phones having adverse effects is something I know to be true, at least concerning to me. Could be the way my brain works, but I always get insane headaches when sleeping and having the phone within 3 meters, or when carrying it around for prolonged time.

10 Likes

You have superpower of detecting deadly mobile phone waves. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

13 Likes
14 Likes

Oh the memories of that game.

Commander Keen is the best side scroller in existence in my opinion.

11 Likes

Look at this dude…look at his face…love him.

11 Likes

Probably the only sidescroller I’ve ever played and completed. Hidden ledgers were like WTF!!!??? :rofl:

11 Likes

Also, how to get rid of an earworm from the past?

Method #1: Sharing it!

♪ New York, Rio, Tokyo… ♫

10 Likes

Method #2: substitute with an even catchier earworm!

10 Likes

I’ve just finished watching Star Wars: The Last Jedi. It wasn’t good because I don’t like the Star Wars franchise even though I watched all the films including the prequels and sequels. Also, Disney taking over Lucas’s studio made it worse imo.

11 Likes

Method #3: try an even stupider earworm

11 Likes

Method #4: use a instrumental earworm

10 Likes

Method #5: puzzle them!

10 Likes

And now seriously… does anyone sitll remember what was the first earworm in this series…?

Op success!! :rofl:

10 Likes

Star Wars was good for me when I was a child. Now I think these movies are less appealing. Like why stormtroopers alway miss? Are futuristic soldiers and their weapons so bad? Or is the film just a fairytale in space? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10 Likes

Well, they are kind of childish and more or less rely on appealing to your inner child… the first ones where from another time and other people, and of coruse watching them as a child is not the same as as an adult. This happens with many things, some weeks ago I searched for some stuff I liked when I was a child and I was mildly amused and embarrassed about how my view of the thing was completely different than what it actually was meant to be. It was beyond “aging poorly”, I just didn’t had a clue when I watched it as a child… so I loved my perception of the show, and not the actual show. Now I hesitate to revisit other series and stuff I liked. Maybe the memories are better kept as memories…

Fortunately, I’ve never been a fan of a franchise so nobyd soiled my childhood loves. As usually I was too busy making up my own franchise worlds as to care about somebody else’s! :rofl:

10 Likes