The like and get likes thread II

Wealth redistribution is a funny concept. Pay taxes and get services you couldn’t afford on your own? Shocking! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

EVE Online - The Market [Tutorial]

EVE Online

4.1K views - 1 day(s) ago
(as in they days…)

How much did Space Invaders cost?

By 1981, Space Invaders had made Taito more than $1 billion , and continued to gross an average of $600 million per year, through to 1982, by which time it had grossed $2 billion in quarters (equivalent to $4.6 billion in 2011). Jun 19, 1978

Space Invaders is not to be confused with
Vader in space:

4 Likes

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

3 Likes

If all you do is speak without action, or if your only action is to speak,
your action of speaking is not worth as much as if you would do other action to support your words or if you did what you said.
In other words, good actions can be worth more than bad words.

3 Likes

Season 1 of Game of Thrones complete. I am smart, I’ve been betting on the character whom I know that will live until Season 7. :grin:

Nighties lovelies!

Also: the new Disney animatronics are called A1000 (not T1000). They’re an evolution of the A100 series first developed in the 80s and use electric motors for smoother, more realistic movements than the hydraulics from older series.

3 Likes

Yikes !

4 Likes

Hello and welcome back in the LAGL that is always revived and never stops posting. o/

Long time no see. What happened? Did you stuck somewhere in wormhole without probes? Timezone everyone. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

That robot is fairly good moving. I wonder when they will start making those robots that can move naturally like human, without looking strange or uncanny valley. Would be probably adapted very fast for wifes and husbands, if only price would be “affordable”. :thinking:

4 Likes

The thing is that animatronics don’t move objects thus they don’t have a lot of power, just enough to move the weight of their limbs. And here’s the point, you can have smooth low powered motors or powerful motors not so smooth, and it’s diffcult to look natural that way. Motors spin, muscles contract and stretch, thus replicating linear or angular movements is mechanically different too.

Crossing the uncanny valley is difficult because we are highly skilled in how does a human look like -we spend all our lives honing that skill.

3 Likes

Robots that make the cars uses human movements, and literally copies human movements, exactly as they are done.
Now, of course, that is not the human movement, as if done by humans, but human movement, done by robots, those robots or programs, literally translating the human movement as stick figures, with only the contact points and vector forces applied to the object they are working on.

Also, the robot itself can’t do anything much, and doesn’t understand what it does, and only has sensors in relation to what it does.

The amount of work required for robots to look human hardly is what we need.
Of course, it’s possible, and it does require more work, which extra work can obviously be placed into more useful robots functions.
Of course, the more useful robots function we can do and create, the less robots function for security , caused by security problems created by robots doing things which humans don’t need, and would die from, would be required.
Now, if security including police and courts create security problems with robots they control, to try to control money and security, it won’t take long for other more useful robots to detect it, and to report it to the proper authorities.
It’s more sound medically.

Also, if a society or group created robots to marginalize people and tried to justify it, it may very go against ethics somewhere more ethically sound.

Price is relative, as for economic systems trying to justify this “affodability” to certain market target.
Some of those economic system are not worth what they made to look like in other systems, due to other security reasons, there.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that some AI is designed to make people stupid than to be fair and useful to them.
That is not to say that it will not be useful to other target people they are being implemented to profit and benefit.
Remember that before those robots were designed, the administrator of those robots did not have as much money as those with more money tried to use them, and create the same socially accepted result, namely, them having more money.

Now, that is going to happen, robots are also well designed and better designed to detect this when it happens, and they are also well and better designed to detect how it will happen.
It does it everyday and that’s what they are for, and what they are best at.

In fact, someone studying psychology can do research on that.

3 Likes

But why? Are there human pretenders anywhere? :thinking:

I always though that its because of our instinct about survival, and those who look or move differently can be sick on some horrible thing, that could be spreading or even genetically inherited in future generations, so its better to keep off of them or something. :thinking:

4 Likes
2 Likes

So this is the sketch that World of Roguecraft video used. Back in early 2000s I was wondering where the sound clips were from. Now I know.

2 Likes

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

2 Likes

Heh, I think that it’s because we care of our loved ones. We want to check whether they’re in good shape, compared to how we use to see them. Is their face normal, do they move as usual, what are their expressions? We start very early when we probably don’t see well but can notice a smile and then we smile back so the fuzzy world takes care of feeding us and cleaning our poop and all the stuff we need before we can speak. Then we see them better and they become mom and dad and we begin our lifetime practice in figuring how does people look like and what their appearance tells about them.

On a slightly related note, apparently people from other cultures think that we Spaniards stare a lot at people. :woman_shrugging:

Of course we do. We’re curious! :grin: Looking at people is a passtime -just seat on a bank and watch people go by!

imagen

4 Likes

Beddy time for me… nighties lovelies!

Also: blowing wind power to a new level…

3 Likes

Been a while… Thought I’d check back in, looking what you’re all up to! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hello Linus! We’re doing terrific. I hope you’re doing the same. :kissing_closed_eyes: Every now and then, others visit this thread. If they don’t, it’s only Yiole,Nana,Miiral, Veine Miromme and me in this thread.

3 Likes

So just business as usual…

5 Likes

Yep, here we are still! LAGLing non stop, we will die with a shitpost on the tips of our fingers!

(BTW, this has always bothered me a little bit. Why don’t just plug himself into the keyboard connector? Instead of type mechanically, just send the key press code to the interface…)

3 Likes