The like and get likes thread II

Good morning, lovelies. :heart:
Two days ago the weather was very hot here. I slept well back then. But last night the weather was much cooler and even though it was cooler, I couldn’t sleep. I woke up early.

6 Likes

Ref:
Researchers Build a Heat Shield Just 10 Atoms Thick To Protect Electronic Devices - Slashdot

6 Likes

Time to go to bed. Today I had a savage battle in WoWs and ended achieving my 3rd “Kraken Unleasede” achievmeent (killing 5 or mroe ships ian battle) with the Shokaku Teeir 8 carrier. The 4th and 5th kills where a BB and a DD chasing em as i tried to cap zone B while my team was losing by 500 points and we were boudn to lose. Just… those two kills wehre th el ast non-Cv h ships in the enemy side. So I captured point B with the carreirand looked for the enmy Cv; kept it spotted for my team as they slowly crawled from A to B and into range of the enemy Cv at C. When they eventually killed it, the enmy team had 988 points… My hands were shaky and my heart was pumping like a drum. Very intense battle…

Aftet this battle I just went to dinner and finished watching Unglorious Basterds. I haven’t liked it much, rather liked Django Unchained better. The whole cellar scene was boring and disappointing as hell.

And now i’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: crazy people 1, AI 0.

Like, seriously.

5 Likes

I got a little pissed off for some reasons and decided to remap(to int/mem) and leave a 6 months(my sub time long) skillqueue training.

From now on I’ll be more productive with my life. No more station spinning in EVE.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

OK, check this thing:

First, let’s skip that a “bidet” is something completely different than the water sprayer USAmericans call a “bidet”.

Now let’s test how long does it take for you to figure what’s the big question nobdy is asking at their indegogo page and certainly they won’t answer…

The Big Question

How do you dry up your parts after flushing them?

To top it, there are similar Made-in-China devices @ Alibaba, plus they don’t show the actual product in use not even in their “peanut butter” simulation video.

Scam factor: 8/10.
Stupidity level: 9/10.

And it’s not a bloody bidet!

imagen

5 Likes

I’m off to bed early today, will try to sleep longer than usual. Nighties lovelies!

Also: balloons are evil. Kill all balloons.

5 Likes

Rest well, Yiole.

Today is a bit cooler than yesterday.

I’m sleeping at 3:27 AM now.

5 Likes

For those who don’t know, a human , or , man made, for in case those men are not human enough, for what it means, glaciation would also be a climate change, except that it wouldn’t be caused by nuclear reactions of nuclear fission, holes in the ozone layers, which, although poisonous in essence does not produce essence to be used as fuel, and also protects the earth from harmful, and otherwise damaging deadly sun rays, which by the way, can also create a greenhouse effect when those rays are allowed or let through that ozone layer, which is meant to protect us, and without which we would not live, nevermind the temperature there…

Additionally, that greenhouse effect is also causing climate change, and ecologist are concerned with carbon emission and methane emission from cows, except they did not give me the comparative results with fossil fuel use, which should cause more greenhouse gas, which, by the way, greenhouse gas do not exist, and again, is a terms which does lead to misinformation and representation of the fact which is not as true as it could (be), even though it does however uncover a pattern as to how ruling powers actually do use info and represent it to you know who…

That also doesn’t include ways to make business from actually fixing the greenhouse problem, like in China.
Why, if they make money selling products to repeat client, who they may or may not want to hold liable for climate change, why don’t they sell service to fix the climate they damage, and pollute, with gases strong enough as to require to wear protective breathing apparatus due to medical reasons.

I know medical field is a good business there for that, but just to avoid to turn the scalpel into the wound another 360 degrees (whether for videos on youtube, or not…)

For all intents and purposes, the term, Climate Change, was used in the sense of the earth warming up, and the manmade related causes which may speed it up, or, the manmade related causes which may delay glaciation.
I don’t think that manmade factors would stop the earth from changing poles, and perhaps, undergo glaciation again, but, you never know…

Let me see, for
$1,219,290 CAD
7,462 backers
3677% of $33,157
Fixed Goal
7 days left

I would be able to start the company and even fix the price, as in price fixing?
Woaw! I’m in, just count me in!
I just hope you won’t be counting me in jail, not like if they wouldn’t have any good reasons to count people in jail.
I mean, they need the place after all, right?

Also, does it work to clean your fragile long sleeve wool sweaters in cold water with Zero Laundry Detergent?
Not that I want to make any kind of reference to money laundering here, or anything…
But it seems funny to me that, just because some people want to make it seem popular to pool their money in amounts which are possible less than reasonable , when other’s needs are unmet, into meeting the needs of the rich to get richer, when those in need do not get the needs met, which causes them to die, not involuntarily, but with intent to cause harm, and lie about it, and divert from it…
Not all money laundering will wash your clothes, and, if you forget a $5 in your pocket, you may have done one more load.!

The extraordinary final test to become a Shaolin Master | Sacred Wonders - BBC

4.1M views * 4 days ago
BBC
Published on Aug 14, 2019

The Only Pilot to Shoot Down A Spacecraft - A Space Ace

Scott Manley
Published on Aug 18, 2019

Dark Matter May Have Come Before the Big Bang?! | SciShow News

179K views * 2 days ago
SciShow Space
Published on Aug 16, 2019

Are Warp Drives Actually Practical?

19K views * 2 days ago
AsteronX
Published on Aug 17, 2019

My Gold Mining Operation - First Gold Bar! | Gold Rush The Game Gameplay Part 1

Drae
Published on Oct 17, 2017

Digging Diamonds and Gold in Virtual Reality! - Cave Digger VR

Blitz
Published on May 4, 2018

DoubleSpeak, How to Lie without Lying

What I’ve Learned

NASA Launched a Mission to Find Out If We Can Mine With Bacteria

Anton Petrov

Alan Stern Retweeted

Chris Vaughan
@astrogeoguy

·
5m
This is both spectacular and mind-blowing. Thanks @_RomanTkachenko,
@NASANewHorizons, and @AlanStern! #Pluto

How we know that Einstein’s General Relativity can’t be quite right

Sabine Hossenfelder
Flat relativity, yes, but, how flat?

Alcubierre Drive: Warp Speed - Star Trek fantasy or plausible?

Arvin Ash
Published on Jul 27, 2019

Bob Lazar: Area 51, Element 115 Alien Gravity Propulsion - Could it work? Fluxliner

Arvin Ash
Published on Jul 5, 2019

The Future of Gravitational Wave Astronomy

skydivephil
Published on Aug 8, 2019

Do Space Stations Matter? - Colonizing The Void

AsteronX
Published on Aug 11, 2019
I believe in Space Station able to function without humans on site,
and able to accept humans to control them on site as well.

Richard Feynman on hungry philosophers (or do we see objects or only their light)

Zero
Published on Aug 18, 2009
How can you not see only their light, when all you can see is light, and sight is based on light.
You can’t see nothing without light.
You can feel something is there with other senses than sight, however, you can’t see what you feel in the same way.
Seeing has it’s own feeling.

Marshall to Lead Human Landing System Development on This Week @NASA – August 16, 2019

NASA

We Go as the Artemis Generation

NASA
Published on Jul 19, 2019

4 Likes

Today, I woke up.
Now, I’m going to sleep.

5 Likes

Time to go to bed. Another day, another nighties lovelies!

Also: nobody knows what it was.

Not an airplane, not a cloud.

5 Likes

I think it was 2004 or 2014.
However, the display from the video seems to show a display from a video…

How to learn Quantum Mechanics on your own (a self-study guide)

Looking Glass Universe
Published on Aug 8, 2019

New Caltech Study Suggests We Were Wrong About White Dwarf Supernovae

Anton Petrov

Turns Out, Radiation on Mars Will Dramatically Change Our Brains and Behavior

Anton Petrov
Published on Aug 19, 2019

Richard Feynman on Quantum Mechanics Part 1 - Photons Corpuscles of Light

Narayan Behera
Published on Oct 15, 2011

Thermite From An Etch A Sketch; Yes It Can Be Done!

Cody’sLab
Published on Apr 19, 2016

4 Likes

She is so damn gorgeous. :flushed:

Tomorrow I have to wake up at 7 or 8 so I’ll go to bed early tonight.

Tomorrow I have a doctor’s appointment. I want to know whether I have an illness or not.

5 Likes

USC - Tommy Cam

“Malformed packets “are usually discarded immediately due to characteristics that indicate that the packets are invalid,” but that didn’t happen in this case” :thinking::laughing:.

Ref:
How Malformed Packets Caused CenturyLink’s 37-Hour, Nationwide Outage - Slashdot.
Paging Big Brother: In Amazon’s Bookstore, Orwell Gets a Rewrite - Slashdot

5 Likes

I wonder what they mean when they say there’s no “secure place” for San francisco’s fog webcam…? Do they fear somebody will vandalize it…? :thinking:

Anyway I’m off to bed for now. Nighties loveleis!

Also: have you ever rolled up the skirts of an owl…?

That completely changed the way I see owls…

5 Likes

I BOUGHT THE TOP 10 GROCERY STORE ITEMS | Ft. Jennifer Meister

2.2K views * 3 hours ago
2,247 views ; 317 Thumbs Up , 4 Thumbs down
Katee Sackhoff
Published on Aug 20, 2019

Scientists Identify a Crater that Created Massive Tsunamis on Mars

3.1K views * 54 minutes ago
3,159 views ; 347 Thumbs Up , 6 Thumbs down
Anton Petrov

Exploring The Icy Moons of Jupiter. NASA’s Europa Clipper and ESA’s JUICE

3.6K views * 3 hours ago
3,690 views ; 406 Thumbs Up , 4 Thumbs down
Fraser Cain

General Electric whistleblower: ‘I think I have a few smoking guns’ Harry Markopolos reveals fraud

Yahoo Finance
Published on Aug 15, 2019

Why Apollo Astronauts Trained at a Nuclear Test Site

1.8M views
1,830,445 views ; 71K Thumbs Up , 1.1K Thumbs down
Veritasium

The Nimitz Encounters

The Nimitz Encounters
Published on May 26, 2019

Making Liquid Nitrogen From Scratch!

Veritasium

How Was Video Invented?

Veritasium
Published on Mar 29, 2019

The Computer that Controlled the Saturn V (Behind the Scenes ft Linus Tech Tips) - Smarter Every Day

Smarter Every Day 2
Published on Aug 7, 2019

The ACTUAL Computer from the Saturn V Rocket - ft. SmarterEveryDay

Linus Tech Tips
Published on Jul 16, 2019

This can coat ANYTHING in metal

The Thought Emporium
Published on Aug 8, 2019

After the moon: What’s next for space exploration? - BBC News

BBC News
Published on Jul 22, 2019

Coat GLASS in METAL Using Plasma - Magnetron Sputtering

The Thought Emporium

4 Likes

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

I booked an appointment with the doctor but couldn’t go because of my dopamine spikes.

Tomorrow is the charm, I believe.

5 Likes

Inside a Nuclear Reactor

Periodic Videos
Published on Jul 25, 2019

4 Likes

Tomorrow I won’t be going to the doctor but on Friday is the day. It’s 11 PM here so not enough time to get my sleep. And when I don’t get enough sleep I have dopamine spikes earlier than usual.

ALSO:

5 Likes

And how do dopamine spikes feel/what do they cause to you? :thinking:

I’m off to bed now… i’m still pondering to buy a 4X game, which is a difficult decission because I hate wasting money with videogames. This kind of conflicts with having spent the best of 1500 euros in EVE Online, but at the time, it was not a waste, if you know what I mean. Not until I convinced myself that IT WAS a waste (and now I’m mostly fine watching as the game walks to its demise in november 2021). Anyway, the idea of wasting 45-60 or even more euros on a bad game irritates me, specially if i misinterpretate how interested I am with the game and turns i buy it, it’s perfect, but I stop playing it within a month. Or three months. I want a game for years, to say so.

Meanwhile, I am off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: I won’t be buying it, but I am sure that many people will be taking a hype ride with this:

Cool music, btw. Ish says it’s “Outro” by the band M83 (but then it could also be “M83” by the band Outro).

4 Likes

I also sell software that detects communication problems which are created to solve communication gap, to create communication gap, and interfere against marriage and so on…
Especially those interference leading to delays causing death and intended to cause death by misleading and misinformation, including unreasonable negative comments and powers…
(As to, compare to, say, positive powers…)

It leads to many potential application, including navigation systems.

I also plan to sell hardware but Google does that too.

SpaceX Starship Update | Why Elon Musk Wants to Nuke Mars?

ENGINEERING TODAY
Published on Aug 21, 2019

It may very well be illegal to begin with.
To make it more legal, more studies would be required, as low level of probability , as those expressed in those videos , are not going to cut it with military level of certainty.

Whoever does this without prior authorization would be subject to the sanctions in place for such a case of military weapons use without prior authorization, and , for all it’s worth, in the conditions that it was used.

That of course does not include the potential benefit it may bring, or, how the problems caused would be fixed.
There are already problems to be fixed.
We also fix problems on earth.
We have more problems to fix underwater.

This Reaction Could Let Us Live on Mars

SciShow Space

This Is What 6th Generation Fighters Will Look Like

116,940 views ; 2K Thumbs Up , 130 Thumbs down
Destiny

Bubble Sort
Bubble Sort is the simplest sorting algorithm that works by repeatedly swapping the adjacent elements if they are in wrong order.

Example:
First Pass:
( 5 1 4 2 8 ) –> ( 1 5 4 2 8 ), Here, algorithm compares the first two elements, and swaps since 5 > 1.
( 1 5 4 2 8 ) –> ( 1 4 5 2 8 ), Swap since 5 > 4
( 1 4 5 2 8 ) –> ( 1 4 2 5 8 ), Swap since 5 > 2
( 1 4 2 5 8 ) –> ( 1 4 2 5 8 ), Now, since these elements are already in order (8 > 5), algorithm does not swap them.

Second Pass:
( 1 4 2 5 8 ) –> ( 1 4 2 5 8 )
( 1 4 2 5 8 ) –> ( 1 2 4 5 8 ), Swap since 4 > 2
( 1 2 4 5 8 ) –> ( 1 2 4 5 8 )
Now, the array is already sorted, but our algorithm does not know if it is completed. The algorithm needs one whole pass without any swap to know it is sorted.

Third Pass:

Bubble Sort Explained In 2 Minutes

5,228 views ; 65 Thumbs Up , 4 Thumbs down
CSRocks
Published on Mar 2, 2017

Algorithms: Bubble Sort

HackerRank
Published on Sep 27, 2016

Learn the basics of bubble sort algorithm. This video is a part of HackerRank’s Cracking The Coding Interview Tutorial with Gayle Laakmann McDowell. http://www.hackerrank.com/domains/tut…

We could not find the page you were looking for, so we found something to make you laugh to make up for it.
[Go back a page]

Bubble Sort | GeeksforGeeks

GeeksforGeeks
Published on Sep 13, 2016

Bubble sort , or, bubble sorting algorithm, really doesn’t have to swap elements at all.
It is a sorting algorithm designed to find element in a database of data, by searching through its data parts.
It does however, if not swapping elements in the database, keeps track of which element of data it did verify and compare with the searched pattern, so as to decide where to search next.
So, if it does search first in the middle of the data base, it will then search for the 2nd data search at the beginning, or, 25%, depending on what the algorithm is designed to do.
It will eventually verify each data, so that it will eventually find it.
However, its design is intended to gain speed in the searching process, so that it will make use of the hardware processing speed, for the sorting and searching process.
Of course, it can also be used to sort data element, after sorting them first that is, which is what it is intended to do.
I did use that to sort the data elements of my inventory, including communications from the courts, and the prosecuting parties and insurance.
It’s no wonder I get a good insurance, since my level of integrity is also good enough to work for insurance, including insurance of security and of the courts + medical.

Hilbert’s Curve: Is infinite math useful?

3Blue1Brown
Published on Jul 21, 2017

Quicksort Explained In 2 Minutes

CSRocks
Published on Mar 9, 2017

Also, it seems the worst problem to go to Mars is not so much the Terraforming of Mars, but rather , how to get there, due to the much greater distance, percent wise, compared to go to the moon.
It will be a much more complicated endeavour for humans to conquer the gravity barrier and the effects it will and does have on our bones.
I imagine that advancement in the medical field to overcome some of the obstacle and physiological barriers will be made and accomplished after having been designed to be implemented, since the psychological barriers seem to be easier to overcome than the physical ones, or, physiological ones.

Now, physiology does include both psychology and physics, however, the part we have the most problems with going to Mars is the physics, and the effect the physics has on our bones.
It will be easier to stay on Mars than to go there, even though there will be rays from the sun and other conditions on Mars which are very hostile.
The actual trip , to travel there, is the greatest obstacle, and it would be wise to conduct analysis to verify how much more complex it is , both numerically in quantities, and comparison of difficulty factor, and qualitatively (or, in quality, and not with so much numbers) .

While the numerical calculation is good for accuracy, it may overlook other factors which can be found by comparative studies and qualitative studies and analysis, and , research.

How much closer is the moon than Mars?

At its closest approach, Mars is about 50 million km from Earth; at its farthest almost 402 million km (when Earth and Mars are on opposite sides of the Sun). The average distance between Earth and Mars is over 200 times as far as it is from the Earth to the Moon .

How much further is Mars than the moon?

Mars will always be much much further away from the sun than earth or the moon . On top of that the moon can only be 0.24 million miles closer to mars than earth. ~Feb 2, 2018
(that is besides the point, and it doesn’t give a comparative percentage, much less, accurate)

So, the average is about 200 times , or, 200 trips to the moon.
However, better than average may or may not be around 100 times or 100 trips to the moon.
By the way, how many trips did we do to the moon?

Recycle twitter link.

3 Likes