The like and get likes thread II

F-ing 4X games, everything has to go to hell right the turn you want to go to sleep! Eff it!!

Nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

Group Definition (expanded) - Abstract Algebra

Socratica
Published on Nov 6, 2017

500 years of NOT teaching THE CUBIC FORMULA. What is it they think you can’t handle?

248K views * 3 days ago
Mathologer
Published on Aug 24, 2019

Jordan Peterson tells a funny children’s story about ignoring problems

Bite-sized Philosophy
Published on Mar 20, 2017

3 Likes

Today’s daily queue. I am still waiting to log in. :crazy_face:
today's%20queue

4 Likes

Starship Hopper’s Biggest, Lastest Flight Above Texas

Recommended for you
New

Scott Manley
Published on Aug 28, 2019

Cast Away Movie Plane Crash Scene : Hollywood vs Reality

74 Gear
Published on Feb 13, 2019

PBS: Carrier - Landing on a Pitching Deck Pt. 1

2,273,853 views ; 2.9K Thumbs Up , 175 Thumbs down
Superfly7XAF
Published on Jun 15, 2008

You can see the importance to improve coding and programs for landing those planes and aircraft on those carriers, as it’s much more complex than it seems.

Bringing Mars To Earth. The Plans For a Mars Sample Return Mission

1,536 views ; 192 Thumbs Up , 1 Thumbs down
Fraser Cain

I thought they did have sample returned.
That mostly mean that no mission returned from Mars yet.
That is a matter of fuel I would say.

How feasible is it to place 4 space stations between Earth and Mars, so that we can go and refuel from Mars, to get back home?
Of course, the infrastructure for this system is much more than is required to come back, but it may be worth it later on…

1 second ago
Also, to have a Successful Return Mission from Mars, is essential, if we are going to bring Astronaut(s) back from Mars.

Interstellar – Building A Black Hole – Official Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. UK
Published on Oct 24, 2014

The FUTURE of Computing Performance

97,021 views ; 5.3K Thumbs Up , 112 Thumbs down
Coreteks
Published on Aug 5, 2019

If software developer can’t remember to integrate memory management in their programs to allow other programs to run, including my programs, without marginalizing them , because they get paid to marginalize, thinking it’s ok, not realizing the military problems it causes, then, new hardware will have to make up for them. That is also why I have to invest into hardware development and, well, manufacturing.

You Won’t Believe What’s Buried Under the Sahara…Hidden Lost Ancient Civilizations

Bright Insight
Published on Aug 27, 2019
iEuno1 - 1 second ago

Doesn’t that desert looks like Mars? Or is it just 5,000 years ago, or less than a 5,000 years old desert?

iEuno1

iEuno1 - 2 seconds ago

Also, what kind of insurance plan kicks in after 5,000 years? Are they the same years as when the years started?

CRAZY Past Technology We CAN’T Replicate Today!

BE AMAZED
Published on Aug 22, 2019
179 years old battery

The Economy of EVE Online

8.7K views * 2 weeks ago
8,859 views ; 350 Thumbs Up , 10 Thumbs down
Economics Explained
Published on Aug 8, 2019

Is he going to mention about the null-sec blackout, or is he going to try to make it look like if he doesn’t follow the game and just picks up bits and pieces here and there.?

The Economy of EVE Online - Part 2 - The Robot Problem

2,642 views ; 118 Thumbs Up , 5 Thumbs down
Economics Explained
Published on Aug 15, 2019
Am I going to find that video, or am I going to miss it?

What Happens When a White Hole and a Black Hole Collide?

327K views * 1 week ago
The Action Lab
Published on Aug 19, 2019

James Bond: Business With Pleasure

Jesse Tribble
Published on Jun 10, 2018

The trouble with Facebook and what it has in common with scientific publishing

Sabine Hossenfelder
Published on May 11, 2019

This, while facebook offered me shares at 1 billionth percent of the going rate, during an IPO which they held.
It is similar to those asking me , did you take the offer, while, I, in fact, inform them, informed them, and did inform them, so to communicate the information with them, as if the fact that I did inform them, has nothing to do with the fact that I did inform them because I did get it.
They in fact, disconnect the fact and try to capitalize on it, regardless of the damage they cause me, or , if it endangers my life, or my family.
They also try to justify the forfeiture that they are trying to cover.

They also omit the fact that the Intel chips are done with military capital, and, well, security.

It’s funny a Mercer offered me employment with a credit card company doing telemarketing for both Visa and Master Card (including Visa International, who are also in similar litigation due to undue financial problems caused, again, based on false and misleading information).

https://www.scmagazine.com/home/security-news/data-breach/facebook-publicly-releases-emails-related-to-data-scraping-cambridge-analytica/
August 26, 2019

Facebook publicly releases emails related to data scraping, Cambridge Analytica

Superfluid Dark Matter

Sabine Hossenfelder
Published on Mar 24, 2019

A brief explanation of how superfluid dark matter can combine fluid dark matter and modified gravity.

For galaxy clusters and for the cosmic microwave background, dark matter matter is the better explanation. But to explain galactic rotation curves and other properties of galaxies, modified gravity is the better explanation.

Until now, physicists have taken an either-or approach. In this video I argue that the answer may be a combination of both. This idea may be realized through dark matter which forms a superfluid. In this case dark matter has two phases, a normally fluid phase and a superfluid phase. In the latter phase, it has no internal friction and appears like modified gravity.

Taken together, so I argue, this explains the existing data best.

What if flaws aren’t flaws? | Farah Magi | TEDxCMRIT

54 views * 1 hour ago
147 views ; 4 Thumbs Up , 1 Thumbs down
TEDx Talks

The Apple IIe on a Card

345K views * 2 days ago
The 8-Bit Guy
Published on Aug 25, 2019

Mindset-The graphics workstation you’ve never heard of!

The 8-Bit Guy
Published on Jul 27, 2019

10 differences between artificial intelligence and human intelligence

Sabine Hossenfelder
Published on Aug 7, 2019

But what is a Neural Network? | Deep learning, chapter 1

3Blue1Brown
Published on Oct 5, 2017

Solutions to the black hole information paradox

7K views * 12 hours ago
7,078 views ; 538 Thumbs Up , 10 Thumbs down
Sabine Hossenfelder

Top 10 Most Useful Websites You Need to Know! 2019

TechGumbo
Published on Jul 5, 2019

3 Likes

Check out Stellaris, if you’re looking into a 4x game.

5 Likes

The unique 1960s Hi-Fi systems that became time capsules

Techmoan
Published on Jul 1, 2019

3 Likes

Time to go to war… errr… sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: it’s a cool concept, but it’s not ready for prime time. I mean, there’s no paper towels on the floor nor anything of the uncool stuff real cleaners meet in real toilets*

*which in some places with lots of tourists from every corner of the world include blood stains on the walls and ceiling of ladies’ toilets.

4 Likes

NEW Graphene Discovery May Unlock Superconductivity secrets [Jun 2019]

15K views * 2 months ago
Subject Zero Science
Published on Jun 18, 2019

Why Build Big Rockets At All? It’s Time For Orbital Refueling

Fraser Cain
Published on Aug 16, 2019

The cosmic secrets inside this tiny meteorite

Verge Science
Published on Aug 6, 2019
This video , at 1:52 , may suggest that we do indeed have material from Mars.
Another video above suggested that we don’t (have sample from Mars).

Attractive Girls Union Refuses To Talk With Mike Greenman

The Onion
Published on Nov 18, 2008

3 Likes

Guys. I spent 10 hours waiting for the queue. But once in, I played for 12 hours. Now I’m level 19.

5 Likes

I heard the highest level is 47 and he’s going to sleep, but I really don’t think so.
Have a piece of cake too!
:cake:
I mean, I don’t think that he’s going to sleep.

3 Likes

Today it’s been a thrilling day, for a few hours I thought I needed an attorney! :cold_sweat:

I’ve received a cease and desist letter about using a copyrighted photograph, but after reading on the issue and looking at the context, I think it’s just a shyster looking for easy euros. Of course I will remove the offending picture ASAP (as in tomorrow morning), and then after that… good luck chasing my ass all the way from Germany, Hr. Rechtsverdreher! :woman_shrugging:

And now i’m off to sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: how to launch and deploy a James Webb Space Telescope

It’s a little scary to look at how many parts must work perfectly at the first try or either the telescope will be rendered nearly useless…

5 Likes

For using the likeness of the Yiole’s very own pic in defamation of character without the character limited written authorization counter-claim.

3 Likes

The current highest level player is Partypooper at level 51.
EDIT: I just discovered a streamer currently at level 56.

Happy cake day!

5 Likes

He’s now 58 to 60.

Twitch jokerdtv
Category:
World of Warcraft

[Level 58+] FINAL PUSH TO 60 - WoW Classic Mage Leveling - Mograine EU - !l

In a Dennis office?

What’s a Dennis’ office?

Which is bigger: Russia or the Moon?

Well, in total surface area, the Moon is bigger than Russia but smaller than Asia.

The Moon has 14.6 million square miles versus Russia’s 6.6 million square miles. Oh, Asia is 17.2 million square miles.

It’s really a stupid question, like comparing apples and oranges, there is no amount of comparison between a country that spans coldest parts of the Euro-Asian continent and an airless even more desolate locale like the Moon.

Edit @ 16:11:

Almost level 59…

Edit @ 16:19:

image froze

Edit @ 16:27:

He’s already over 10% of level 59 by now…
He’s on AFK break , racking in subs in the meantime.

Edit @ 16:35:

85% of level 59 complete, only one more level to go.
77,000 viewers though.

(Maybe level 60 ends there. There is no more XP added…)

BTS: A Toast to 15 years

86K views * 23 hours ago
186,343 views ; 10K Thumbs Up , 165 Thumbs down
World of Warcraft
Published on Aug 29, 2019

WoW Classic’s RECORD BREAKING Launch: DOUBLE WoW’s Peak Numbers, Servers PACKED & How It FEELS

BellularGaming
Published on Aug 27, 2019

Comments on “PBS: Carrier - Landing on a Pitching Deck Pt. 1”

iEuno1

iEuno1 - 1 day ago

You can see the importance to improve coding and programs for landing those planes and aircraft on those carriers, as it’s much more complex than it seems.

John Hansknecht
Highlighted reply
John Hansknecht - 1 hour ago

Pilots land fighter jets, computers don’t have control.

iEuno1

iEuno1 - 1 second ago

@John Hansknecht That depends, yes. By the way, that is on the test for the job, and no, you can’t publish it, since there is a clause against that disclosure, which would make you liable and more vulnerable. The level of each works also depends too. Pilots also use computerized control to move the equipment on a fighter, it’s not only mechanical. The point is, those programs need to be improved and it takes time and efforts to improve. To say that there is no need to improve them is wasting time and efforts to gain more control for the pilot to land safer. Additionally, pilots are in charge and command of the computers and coding and programs that goes into their machines and systems. They decide how they want it and test it for work.
Show less

3 Likes

And he did it. He’s level 60. World First! Beaten Method to level 60. But Method’s aim is to do world first RAID content. Leveling to 60 is second of importance to them.

EDIT: I’m in queue again. But I won’t play for long. I’ll wake up early tomorrow to play.

4 Likes

Man, the harder part about 4X is starting a game and leaving at a point you’re aware of what’s going on now, what comes next, and what are the mid range plans.

Now it’s so late I don’t want to look at the clock. Nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

3 Likes

yeah, unfortunately for me, I also work with Method, so, I’m stuck in the same boat, or submarine, if you apply that to EVE Online.

Some of the jokes in chat were :

• Finishes first solo near Scholomance since nobody else was that level to join with.
  • The reason he finished solo is because is guild works better like that.
  • Gets is life back after, they have a chopper ready to take him to the hospital after in case he dies.

That chat would be hard to read even during the replay…

Enron - The Biggest Fraud in History

#enron #fraud #jeffrey
203K views * 1 day ago
214,569 views ; 10K Thumbs Up , 160 Thumbs down
ColdFusion
Published on Aug 30, 2019

Another potential joke was:

• What if aliens or human were to bring more water to earth to go over the pyramid and corrode the top of the pyramid?
    Would we have to build a bigger one in repair, then?
    Also, if the other pyramids are smaller, and the water goes over them, wouldn’t the erosion from the flood water (due to polar ice melting) cover them entirely?
    Or they all got renovation jobs?
3 Likes

Time to go to bed… nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

There’s already an entire guild who killed World First Ragnaros A-N-D BLOODY ONYXIA!

BLOODY HELL! :dizzy_face::exploding_head:

4 Likes