The like and get likes thread II

Hmmm… don’t think James Bodn ever used anything like those… :grin:

(Apparently the company was pursued for false advertising. The condoms didn’t had any radium. What where they even thinking…)

And now i’m off to bed. I tried to find the film “Midway” but found instead the 1976 film. I’ve already seen it a few times dubbed to Spanish, now will hear the actual voice of some famous actors.

Nighties lovelies!

Also: can’t decide if it’s daring or stupid…

Just say one of them makes a bad bounce…

6 Likes

Future is now.

Tmezone everyone :kissing_heart:

His city needs him:

6 Likes

Yes, the same virus strikes again preventing me from opening Steam. :man_facepalming:

I don’t know what the repair guy is thinking. The PC I took there was my backup one. Where in there are less important data. I can’t imagine taking my main PC to him and losing all my photos and files. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

https://www.raymondcorp.com/service/training/virtual-reality-simulator

6 Likes

Maybe Malwarebytes will help you.

If you can install it.

6 Likes
6 Likes

It was his home…

Imagine some extraterestial coming in and transforming your home into inhuman piece of an AI gigastructure brain that develops ideas how to take over whole galaxy, shooing you away with electroshock sticks. :thinking:

What would you do?

6 Likes

de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver - Wikipedia

Ref:
George Laurer, Co-Inventor of the Barcode, Dies At 94 - Slashdot

6 Likes

I pulled some strings and I am getting my previous PC repair guy (who is also a friend of mine of 20 years) to get both of my PCs repaired. The reason why I stopped consulting him was that he found another job at a company and shut down his own PC repair shop 1,5 years ago.

@Ian_Morbius I can’t imagine a life without barcodes. May he rest in peace.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

6 Likes

Ended watching “Midway” (from 1976) and i’m glad I understood most of the lines delivered, maybe back in the times actors were expected to be intelligible.

And now I’m going to bed with a special “also” for today.

Also: Pachelbel’s Canon as you probably never listened it…

No, seriously. If you’ve listened it, you’ve listen a version of the canon as was recorded in 1970 by Jean-François Paillard, which was quite slower (nearly half the tempo) as how Pachelbel probably intended it. So Paillard had to add new notes and other variations so it sounded as we know it. Extremely catchy and pleasant, fits to everything.

BUT, there is a older recording of the Canon without Paillard’s additions and the likely tempo for it (that of a gigue). And probably you never listened it, so here it is:

It’s the same but… it’s not as catchy, is it? And requires a lot more skill to play -but at least the basso line, played usually by a cello, doesn’t risks falling asleep while playing the same 8 notes 28 times in 7 minutes…

6 Likes
6 Likes

Cure for cancer? Then the journey to even the most far away Pluto would be possible without risk of developing cancer because of cosmic radiation. :thinking:

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Going to bed now… nighties lovelies!

Also: this bipedal robot keeps the balance when pushed away…

…but it moves its feet so much that ti’s as if it’s been holding pee for too long! :grin:

(The robot keeps moving because part of the code is inspired in keeping a inverted pendulum upright, thus the robot moves the feet below its centre of gravity (the base of the pendulum) as to keep the centre of gravity (the tip of the pendulum) in a constant position. Robots are quite good at keeping inverted pendulums in balance, but it’s a dynamic balance, not just standing up and not moving)

6 Likes

Well, Atlas it isnt.

They are way, waay behind the leader.

That was a very shortlived fad.

Timezone everyone. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Baby steps are small by definition… :thinking:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Its a nice documentary. :ok_hand:
From 2018, but explaining a lot of things.

6 Likes

Beddy time for me. Nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

5 Likes