The Like and Get Likes thread III

How to build big touring ship? From bottom up, then more on top. :eyes:

Original music from Andes, before Columb, surprisingly seems more like drums and string instruments. Something like this, but not exactly:

Instruments used seem to be more modern.

4 Likes

Quite interesting how the build the ship both indoors and outdoors, bringing different sections together… I wodner how do they finish the insides, as far as I know the usual was to first build the outside and the machinery, then test ti, then keep it on dry dock and bring in everything that finishes the ships, first building the bare hull and technical parts then filling it with all the cabins and stuff. But maybe they do it all in one stride, one section at a time? :thinking:

Anyway ships are proof of what my grandma said… how do you eat a stone? Chewing a tiny bite at a time.

Break the big difficult task into as many smaller simpler tasks as needed, then just manage to do everything in the right order…

And now i’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

Anvil floating in mercury.

6 Likes

Two days ago was the 43rd anniversary of losing one of the culinary geniuses of our world. We miss him more and more as the quality of the food seems to decline by each passing decade. :melting_face:

R.I.P.

:saluting_face:

I’m dismayed how they build the lower hull in more than 3 pieces, but I’m relaxed by the certainty that the welders are paid well and are professionals.

Timezone.

5 Likes

Well, the thing is, the segments are also made out of welded metal, and guess how strong is that weld? Exactly the same as that of when joining sections. They essentially fuse together the two pieces of metal into a single piece.

There is an even stronger way to weld metals, but it isn’t very practical for large stuff: you just polish them, remove all dirt and rust, put them in a vacuum chamber and join the two pieces of metal and they become one when the outmost atoms of each surface just bond to each other as they’re bonded to the ones below them. This actually is an issue with spacecraft, and making sure metals will remain seperated if they’re meant to be two pieces (say, two cogwheels) and not one is a specialized designer job of its own.

Also: mercury is cool but also very nasty and certainly you wouldn’t want playing with it indoors…

And now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

They should be both fitting as much as possible, and no oxides to join both pieces. So perfectly flat 2 pieces for example. They will become one, like never separated. Cold welding.

4 Likes

TCM Remembers 2023

6 Likes

Had you even seen a set of Jo-Blocks? The flatness is so precise that when they slide together they create their own vacuum seal.

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

Wanna try to an unusual baiting Noctis.

[Noctis, Baiting Missile Noctis]
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Civilian Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Nova Light Missile

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II

Hornet EC-300 x5

59.5 DPS, 1,249 Alpha, 28,233 EHP

Will have to be careful about target selection, mostly just buffer T1 frigs but actually killing something will make for a hilarious killmail.

7 Likes

wow we can actually fit those civ lauchers =)

7 Likes

No spam? I am disappoint. >: (

6 Likes

Another night, another darn too late time to end a War Thunder session… nighties lovelies!

7 Likes

8 Likes

…i guess that’s what they call “photoshop magic”? :thinking:

And now i’m off to bed, after contributing my little grain to prove that the Internet is for cats (at the caturday thread). Nighties lovelies!

7 Likes

HOW??? Pardon me, Nana. it’s very rare to see…real magic. :hushed:

I’m still laughing at the .gif image since yesterday. It’s ingenious! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Timezone.

5 Likes

its like magic, almost.

5 Likes

Clever… but I was thinking, if it runs on existing rail networks, what about tunnels and bridges? Then turns out that the killer was the need to replicate the machinery on each railcar… and now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: gravity is not a force even if physicists still call it that way (but they know it isn’t a force)

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies! (Oh and tomorrow is Christmas, so Merry Christmas? Have a nice holiday?) Nighties lovelies!

Also: what a clever chart/graph…

7 Likes