The Like and Get Likes thread III

7 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: a long read, but a interesting one…

As a rule of thumb, when the public just loves something relative to a specialyzed field and yet proposed by a complete outsider to the specialty field, chances are that it’s bull.

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep, earlier… my medical schedule has a wicked sense of humour and I have a blood test on the 28th, right after Xmas eating (custom here is to have a big lunch on the 25th and finish what was left from the 25th and more on the 26th, which makes two extralarge lunches two days in a row). So, the results from the blood test will be fun… nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

It is the most steampunk thing I’ve seen today.

I first thought it to be real responses. But on a closer inspection I’ve realized that they are popular love songs. The two names that helped me are TLC’s “No Scrubs” and Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” because I know the lyrics to them.

Ah, the good old 50 point exam question that we didn’t study or mention anything close or far to it during the semester. It is lovely(!) to see it again. Some idiot in the department thought pulling a Whiplash on our class(es) would be a fun and novel idea after watching the movie. Not everyone was there to become a literary analyst. :sweat_smile:

Keep us updated if you wish to do so. Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:
Timezone.

4 Likes

Time to go to bed… tomorrow after not bringing a urine sample when I was supposed to and bringing it when I was not expected to, guess I’ll provide it and they’ll take it to keep an eye on kidney function; one of the meds I take might damage the kidneys in the long term so the procedure is to check the kidneys once a year. Also despite the holidays I expect that my results for the hemoglobin A1c (glycated hemoglobin, glycosylated hemoglobin, HbA1c, or A1c) will show that my sugar levels have been fine for the last three months so they don’t adjust my medication, each time they notch it up is likelly to be irreversible to adjust to decaying panchreatic function. At least they found my diabetes at an earlier stage than my father and I have never had a blood sugar incident unlike him, or my grandpa, and probably my grand grandpa and grand grand grandparent also had issues with family diabetes… yet none died of it and nobody ended up blind or disabled, which in the pre-insulin era was quite common. Nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

Time to go to sleep, but first… marbles. Nighties lovelies!

Also: Jelle’s marble races are quite a YT thing

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

Forever in our hearts.

5 Likes

Definitely more action packed than some snail racing, which is also a thing, when we talk about strange racing.

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep, but first, a thought about things which are fine to say on December 31st but not so much on January 1st, like: “I won’t shower again until next year!”

Nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

My wish for next year:

6 Likes

Happy New Year

6 Likes

Happy new year! :partying_face: :margaritaparrot:

6 Likes

Happy New Year, Dear Capsuleers.

Lesson of the day:

Don’t try to act out this GIF image below at the New Years Feast table EVER AGAIN.

:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Happy new year from the western shores of the Mediterranean! And nighties too!

7 Likes

So, I just stumbled upon this…

…and now I’m waiting for just a literal pile of garbage with maybe a game inside it.

5 Likes

Southern Turkey is the place where the agriculture started off. Must have been an Eden then for people around.

Karahan Tepe, unearthed fairly recently, is place fairly near Göbekli Tepe and created in the same time, probably by the same culture or even the same Neolithic people starting to settle for longer periods of the year in fertile lands probably to harvest einkorn wheat and ferment it to a beer. The sites are very similar.

It is hypothesized there was a roof on top of structures, and someone even simulated one structure with a roof:

7 Likes

Time to go to sleep… it’s been a long day. Nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

New Year’s Revolution

• Drink Less Alcohol
  • Take my Cat to the Park
  • Build a healthier sleep timetable.

Care to share yours?

7 Likes

Planning to join the US Army this year as a wheeled vehicle mechanic, without a doubt it will be the biggest change in my life so far.

7 Likes