The Like and Get Likes thread III

Tap water contains heavy metals though and other nasty substances that cause just as much harm to humans over long periods of consumption.

8 Likes

Tap water is quite different from place to place, and anyway there are limits to what it can contain which supposedly protect from long term harm. And certainly it is less harmful than sugar or alcohol…

(OTOH, my distant cousins in Mexico all have bad teeth since tap water in their state is a limescale nightmare. Their father worked at a large industrial complex which had its own water treatment plant to protect the equipment from damage, and at one point there was a mishap and untreated water entered the factory and they spent half a million dollars checking and fixing stuff which had been exposed to limescale…)

And now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

9 Likes

I don’t think it is the water, but more of asbestos city water pipes and lead pipes at homes leaching heavy metals.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Why, YouTube? Why are you adding alt-right trash to my suggestions sidebar? Did I watch the wrong video? Have you given up on trying to figure how to slice my interests into marketable cohorts and are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks? Or are They flooding the networks with extra money for extra exposure?

7 Likes

It was also epic the way he addressed the Mandalorian as “Mando!”.

R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Timezone.

7 Likes

You’ve been warned: this year Spain goes to Eurovision with a hit.

Nebulossa - Zorra (B¡tch), 2023

She’s 55, just in case you wondered.

5 Likes

If Ishtanchuk Fazmarai, the music buff’s sister says then it must be so.

My country stopped participating in Eurovision due to lack of consistent success. I can only speculate the real reason, but that’s the most probable reason euphemistically.

EDIT: I’ve been thinking and concluded again that EVE is a much more advanced version of “Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock” game.

Timezone

6 Likes

I had visited my mother on the weekend and she had baked a banana cake!

Who likes Banana cake? Do you bake your own cake?

9 Likes

I might like it if I try making one. I several times made cakes with carrots and raisins, but not with bananas yet. Do you have the BPC…er… I mean “recipe” which you can share with us? :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

So last Saturday I was spending time with my mother and we’re watching the old tv series mother and son.

Mum says she is going to bake a cake.

I think she used a packet mix of banana bread, wiped the cake tin with olive oil and then sprinkled bread crumbs around the edge of the tin.

Next my mum used a fork to mash 3 ripe bananas and added milk to the mixture. I don’t know about eggs. Let’s assume that one was added. I don’t know how many walnuts were added though mum puts them in too.

Once the mixture was mixed right my mum used the large 8 Lt air fryer that I got her last year as it sits on her bench in a handy location.

It’s rather hot here so it’s perfect for not needing to heat the oven.

I think she kept checking it so it wouldn’t burn as you can see it came out great.

My mum is great as she knows basically everything!

/fyi I always ask her to place pineapple slices on top as that would turn it into a New York Hummingbird cake.

Though mum doesn’t want pineapple on her banana cakes.

8 Likes

Just a regular cake, but with bananas. Understood.

8 Likes

AI really makes the setting feel right. Legolas and Gimli for example looks better than in recent movie, in my opinion. Orks too.

Not AI:

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

1993, so more than 30 years ago when this movie was made, and the cars still looking futuristic. :thinking:

7 Likes

Also
To: Ingenuity Mars copter
Subject: good-bye little buddy!

Let me have a last picture of you little buddy, there’s more planet to explore and I’ll be movin’ on soon. You were the bestest little copter that could!

XOXO,

Maybe some day someone will go and pick it up to deposit in a museum -or maybe they will build a museum/shrine around it? Sure the coordinates are stored just in case dust storms eventually build a dune on it…

6 Likes

Succeeding at items 1,2, very often 3, and most of the time 4.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Something that had sparked a memory when reading a thread comment today on General Forums. @Mr_Epeen
Re;

I remember that I had once won a wading race when I was 8 the other kids were two years younger as I recall repeating both 1st and 2nd Grades.

That was actually before I had tried my first alcohol beverage at 9 btw so we can’t blame early alcohol addiction for my achievements!

7 Likes

Maybe he could try panther milk* instead of vodka…

panther milk

*it’s a Spanish cocktail made with 1 part gin, 1 part condensed milk and 5 parts of chilled whole milk, blended and served in a cold glass & sprinkled with cinnamon.

6 Likes