The Like and Get Likes thread III

https://classics.mit.edu/Plato/symposium.html

They were 3 sexes also. 2 women joined together, 2 men joined, and a woman and men joined. People were also round when they were still joined.

7 Likes

Incredible how the Amazon and the experience with Uncontacted Tribes can be:

I shivered while watching this.

6 Likes

I think these people who lived in Jungle for thousands of years know pretty good what to do there, so civilized man would have no chances if he would not learn before from other people who live there.

Or someone who already knows how to survive there.

6 Likes

I don’t think these guys as well would survive there:

Neither any of us, for that matter.

Timezone.

7 Likes

Word(or term) of the day: Dark Horse
Hayley picture of the day: None today.

Timezone.

7 Likes

an unexpected winner or could America elect a female president?

Even though it is not my Country, I feel it would be fantastic to see a Female win the presidential election.

7 Likes

As long as it they are qualified to be president and not just for the sake of being female.

7 Likes

I didn’t have politics in mind, not even remotely. I was thinking about in terms of “a” or even “any” person’s worldly success.

7 Likes

Well… qualification is a very elastic concept… does it count being portrayed as a parody president in a TV series? I can think of a couple of known cases… :thinking:

But now i’m out to bed before this becomes too political or anyone brings what shall not be brought to a civil conversation. Nighties lovelies!

Also: it’s a honest video on what the robots can do, in real time, and apparently without scripting or remote operation, but the uncanny valley factor is over the roof…

They kind of ressemble people on segways, just they… don’t. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

8 Likes

These didnt do any real work also. Its a very slow demonstration of robots being as able as few years old children. Plus each one is fire hazard in case battery fails.

8 Likes

I never realized that you can get just 1 bar of cap if your ship has less than 100 gj total capacity, cool.

1 Cap Bar

10 Likes

Word of the day: AMARRica
Hayley picture of the day:

Timezone.

8 Likes

Time to got to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: kind of true, actually…

…because to Portuguese speaking people Spanish is everywhere, specially Brazilian people who use to watch Spanish-spoken soap operas with subtitles have a good grasp on basic Spanish.

8 Likes

I had rewatched that clip at x2 then it became very scary to think what would the future be like even after my time.

8 Likes

https://www.tiktok.com/@aitrasket/photo/7329592744341540129
The man and his friend look happy.

Timezone.

7 Likes

First time seeing Chopin with a beard. :smiley:

Also the Żubr is even a beer here.

But the animals are wild and always walking freely in forests.

This one is just an old drawing. They look a lot better in nature. :thinking:

7 Likes

Today I learned: Alpha-gal syndrome - Wikipedia
This is a severe allergy to a substance present in all mammals but humans and monkeys, which makes patients allergic to red meat and dairy (although technically they still could eat people and monkeys, I guess they eat poultry and fish instead, or go vegan). It is caused by the bite of some ticks, specially the Lone Star tick and most known cases are in the USA and Australia.

And now I’m off to sleep. Nighties lovelies!

7 Likes

I have once had a bush tick though I was lucky to get it out quickly.

/it might had bitten into more than it could handle and was intoxicated.

7 Likes

Ha I was drinking that in Poland!

Heading back there in a couple months :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I didn’t know there were bisons outside the U.S., especially in Poland. :open_mouth:

7 Likes