The Like and Get Likes thread III

Maybe? :shufflefurtherparrot: :shuffleparrot: :shufflepartyparrot:

6 Likes

Again, you missed “the good days”. :smirk:

The forums used to be alive with, if nothing else, shall we say fresh thinking? :laughing:

6 Likes

Something else that needs to be done away with, and is doing no good but harming individuals is the whole body mass index crap.

5 Likes

I used to tell myself that, that me being over was rubbish because I look great. But you know what? When I am at my fittest , am within my BMI range

5 Likes

I never realized my parents did a good job of making sure I ate healthy until I got older. I had no concern over what I ate, but they did a good job of making sure I never had soda (or much besides water), tons of candy, or much processed food. All those chemicals and sugar make your appetite and body go haywire.

5 Likes

The problem is taking something created for a medical purpose and use it as a score:

“Here’s my BMI score, it proves that I am better than you!”

Same happened with intelligence tests, they were created to provide assistance to children at risk of failing in French public schools, but the idea soon moved across the ocean and got quickly repurposed as a tool to “measure” and compare intelligence and thus prove “scientifically” that southern and eastern European (and Jewish) inmigration was bad for the USA because those people were “inferior” (and also IQ tests would be used to prove that the poor were poor by the will of god that made them stupider, not by the unlimited greed and lack of solidarity of the wealthier).

That was in the period between the 1890s and 1920s, by the way, so any ressemblance to any current events is purely coincidental.

6 Likes

Generally africa is uneducated continent. If you would live in africa as a child in a village you would not even have to go to school, as you would help your parents. In some areas you would know less words because your language was reflecting immediate world around you only, social and cultural factors, no technology. If we would test all children with tests at the same age, preschool, then we would measure around the lowest denominator and all these tests would show similar results. Methods have to take into account measuring for most intelligent, to lowest intelligent to see how people are really bright or dumb, and brain will develop even past 20 years of age, but without education they would be in the dark.

They still have a long way ahead of them

5 Likes

It is different there, other culture, other mentality, you would not change that without systemic violence and oppression that was for millenia part of system in the civilized world. Since roman times.

7 Likes

All the horrors beyond human imagination

5 Likes

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… night night lovelies!

6 Likes

The map was very helpful. On my way to get a Chad.

5 Likes

If you were asked what animal would you rather choose for your passage through the multiverse, which would you choose?

I would really appreciate being a cat.

6 Likes

Well, the powers that be have called for the end of Likes and Get Likes III!

4 Likes