The Like and Get Likes thread III

Time to go to sleep… night night lovelies!

Also: YouTube is a weird place. The theremin is a weird instrument. And this is a lovely weird video.

Seriously, already listened it back to back three times.

7 Likes

(12:55)

Had me at reading fictional specifications for a spacecraft. :rocket: :ringer_planet: :space_invader:

8 Likes

Time to go to sleep… night night lovelies!

8 Likes

Nonsense, we both creatures of the night

8 Likes

I have returned from holiday!

Have we all been behaving ourselves?

7 Likes

Is that a trick question? :thinking:

8 Likes

It’s time for me to go to bed and do something in the general vicinity of sleeping… so night night lovelies!

Also: sometimes people just honestly fool themselves…

…but then they can’t fool Nature and usually it ends bad.

9 Likes

:smile: sure

7 Likes

“If” we “behaved” ourselves, you would have nothing to do. :wink:

Not sure when you joined the game/forums. But I think you missed most of the fun. The Grammer/Punctuation police! :rofl:

You just had to be there…

7 Likes

Have a guess

8 Likes

Wait I had been good!

Like not even posting personal stuff about stuff

8 Likes

tacky meme, sorry.

6 Likes

No you haven’t my wallet is not blinking

6 Likes

Time to go to bed… well it actually should have been a while ago. But now I’m off to there, true! Night night lovelies!

5 Likes

Potential markets for that device:

6 Likes

I’ve never believed in IQ. Besides ethnocentricity, I never thought it was the right way to understand traditional academic achievement. I’d rather trust more vocational oriented tests as it’s how you adapt to situations and use your strengths which is important.

6 Likes

Sat an IQ test once, did really well which is a good indictor of what I can achieve as can pick up anything I try with ease and pass every test I ever sat whether vocational or practical with ease.

Vocationally: a network exam I sat, the woman that took the test from me , came back with a look of shock on her face. I was like oh oh, must of done a booboo. Actually, she was shocked because nobody had passed it first time, not only did I pass, I got 90%.

Practically: sat the advanced car test after covid without having any advanced car lessons, all I had done was study the advanced police drivers manual, and ofcourse, fully understood it.

At university, have had lecturers that didnt know me, hunt me down in the corridor to congratulate me on how well I did in a test or essay. One of them implied that I must have cheated to get such as high mark a said I must have done something exceptional.

6 Likes

I too had one IQ test done professionally just to confirm with a number what everybody notices about me. I stumbled with one of the questions (a verbal misunderstanding of the task) but all in all I scored around 140 on the WAIS-R test. Since IQ tests are something that can be practiced and will improve with practice, probably my “final” IQ could raise to the 150s, but the point already was established, it was not my impression that people around me are… not like me. :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

In my opinion, having a greater intelligence is more a way of doing things than a matter of what you do. I can be mindboggilngly dumb and thick, same as each now and then I casually drop somethiing which to me is as bright and obvious as the sun but people around me apparently aren’t aware of something called light? That used to drive me mad when I was younger: “Why… HOW don’t you see it???” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Now I’ve matured a bit and usually don’t talk about this topic… because it’s a minefield!

Also, IQ tests as a mean to classify collectives are really wrong. Go read “The mismeasure of man” by Stephen Jay Gould, it’s a must to understand what’s wrong with measuring and comparing intelligence in general, why IQ tests are meaningless and why the habit of equating differences in individual performance to differences in collective performance is as wrong as toxic. Some people are smarter than others, but nobody is “as much/as little intelligent as their collective” and not two collectives in the world are “more” or “less” intelligent than each other.

6 Likes

I would class inteligence as the ability to pick things up and solve problems.

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep… but first some Sabine. Night night lovelies!

Also: looks like poverty, crime and income inequality makes people live longer…

…or makes them hide grandpa’s death longer to keep getting benefits. :thinking:

6 Likes