The Like and Get Likes thread III

Time to go to bed, but before I will share a interesting video… nighties lovelies!

Also: tower cranes who lift themselves…

Quite interesting, these cranes are a common sight in many cities and I wondered how could they rise the mast in tall buildings…

6 Likes

Wow, that pool just got a lot bigger.

Also, no need for QA, and redundant systems. That stuff is expensive…and makes the ship heavier.

Mars is go!

4 Likes

EDIT:
Keep your eyes on the stars, but don’t forget your feet are necessarily on the earth.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Sleepy time, lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

Time to go to bed… nighties lovelies!

Also: Space Olympics…?

(BTW, what a mess of wires, pipes and stuff hanging from every surface, floor, roof and walls…)

5 Likes

Another day, another night to try and get some rest. Nighties lovelies!

Also: drone soccer…?

If it becomes something in the future, you can say you learned of it in the beginning…

5 Likes

One day we’ll have kickable drones.

6 Likes

Good morning lovelies. :heart:
Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Questions From A Worker Who Reads

Who built Thebes of the seven gates?
In the books you will find the names of kings.
Did the kings haul up the lumps of rock?
And Babylon, many times demolished
Who raised it up so many times? In what houses
of gold-glittering Lima did the builders live?
Where, the evening that the Wall of China was finished
Did the masons go? Great Rome
Is full of triumphal arches. Who erected them? Over whom
Did the Caesars triumph? Had Byzantium, much praised in song
Only palaces for its inhabitans? Even in fabled Atlantis
The night the ocean engulfed it
The drowning still bawled for their slaves.

The young Alexander conquered India.
Was he alone?
Caesar beat the Gauls.
Did he not have even a cook with him?

Philip of Spain wept when his armada
Went down. Was he the only one to weep?
Frederick the Second won the Seven Year’s War. Who
Else won it?

Every page a victory.
Who cooked the feast for the victors?
Every ten years a great man?
Who paid the bill?

So many reports.
So many questions.

Author - Bertolt Brecht

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: liquid metal batteries are becoming a kind of thing…

…they’re on the way to commercialization and competition with Tesla’s megapacks.

5 Likes

“This makes me glad I avoided the repetitive, tediously dull career of accountancy, by becoming a software engineer.”

6 Likes

CREATE MATTER FROM ENERGY!

Replicators when?

5 Likes

I looked at the skill discussion, services, sales ads, and price check subforums to see if skill training consultants are still a thing, but apparently they are no more. :disappointed:

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep. We are experiencing a heat wave so will keep this short out of fatigue… nighties lovelies! Have sweet dreams in cool nights!

5 Likes

It’s Cracked.

Taken directly from the Book of Revenue.

6 Likes

Of the many “Only in the USA” things, megachurches and millionaire preachers (or, better, preacher milionaires) stand out as something truly impossible anywhere else. Here in Barcelona we have a Mormon church and it’s like the only purpose-built non catholic religious building in the city. Evangelists, Jehova’s Witness and other christian denominations gather in repurposed offices, shops, warehouses and the such, same as Muslim do with mosques, but, a purpose-built building? Only the Mormons have that kind of money… and the project was funded with money from abroad.

Spending millions in lavish megachurches while literally millions are in dire need of help and assistance is just a special kind of hypocrisy… self-appointed “christians” who wouldn’t know what Christianism is about not even if it slapped their face.

Anyway, I’m out to sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: Boeing’s Starliner starcraft is looking as promising as the latest Boeing commercial jets…

https://blogs.nasa.gov/commercialcrew/2021/08/13/nasa-boeing-to-move-starliner-to-production-facility-for-propulsion-system-evaluation/

Apparently several oxidizer valves failed after they leaked oxidizer, the oxidizer reacted with moisture (of origin unknown) and formed nitric acid which messed up the valves. Thus Starliner joins B 737 MAX, KC-46 and B 787 as troubled Boeing products.

5 Likes

This is the end of the weekend and my time to try and sleep has come. But before, a video about Dubai… nighties lovelies!

Also: Dubai is a joke (and thrives on modern day slavery)

The Burj Khalifa doesn’t haves a connection to sewage system, and thus every morning tanker trucks queue to empty the septic tanks of the colossus. You really can’t make up this poop…

6 Likes

I guess you could say…

They’re full of it.

6 Likes

I wish I could say anything about Dubai, negative or positive. I haven’t lived there since the mid 90’s. Back then it was all desert, the Deira clock tower was outside the city, World Trade Center was the only (really) tall building around.

5 Likes

Time to go to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: a Google experiment…

https://artsexperiments.withgoogle.com/periodic-table/

The site allows to check elements with a brief of their story and a interactable 3D representaiton of the atom in the Bohrs model (which isn’t too real, but it’s easy to understand and compare).

5 Likes

Speaking of Middle-East…

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes