The like and get likes thread

It’s night time and I’ve got a bed. I think I’ll go to sleep, then. Nighties lovelies!

Also: solar halos rarely get more impressive than this.

7 Likes

A 30% drop in CPU performance… my i3 will be a bulldozer with worse graphics… Not to mention I have to find a way to plug the issue on the school’s Linux machines… or at least mitigate the risk :frowning: On the intel hand, Intel is getting the treatment they once gave AMD, karma. I hope intel chip prices drop as much as the performance :smiley: 5% on some, 30% on others, budget builders dream.

8 Likes

Perfromance drop will be software-based, not CPU-based. Software that required less CPU load by using shortcuts will now require more CPU load as those shortcuts will be blocked. Eventually, Intel will figure a way to sort the design flaws, but they can be thankful that nowadays CPU performance is not a critical factor in the business and domestic environments… and probably the loss of power of older CPUs will trigger a faster replacement cycle.

8 Likes

Timezone :kissing_heart:/

I hope the software will improve to the point where these cpu cycles will not matter so much. I am waiting for wide adoption of Vulcan to see how the games will look with it.

Ha, I knew I did see right that one before.

8 Likes

Good morning,lovelies!

8 Likes

She looks like she dont have anything to wear. :thinking:

8 Likes

It’s not shortcuts they’re taking, it’s ignoring the hardware security model. Intel is reacting to this the same way they reacted to the F00F bug 20 years ago. They shift the blame and workload away to others, will reap the rewards of other peoples’ efforts and continue like nothing happened. They’re not going to redesign their architecture over this.

Intel has known about this at least as far back as June 2017 (and the risk as far as theoretical attacks go has been known for 17 years). They’re only now pulling their ■■■■ together because it’s all public and out in the open and they can’t brush it under the carpet anymore.

8 Likes

ITSec world is going crazy with Spectre and Meltdown, btw. It’s been everywhere for the past 3 days.

8 Likes

#1 again :star_struck:

8 Likes

There’s no merit to become #1 while Nana is banned. :thinking:

8 Likes

Congratulations. :hugs:
/handles over the :crown:

8 Likes
8 Likes

I’m not going to go back and moderate all the posts out, because this thread is massive, and it’d take me until I’m at retirement age.

Word of warning - stop the political discussion in this thread, or it’ll be closed, and people will be reprimanded.

Discussion of real world politics is against the forum rules.

7 Likes

9 Likes

I think he is referring to 78_Alpha’s post from 12 days ago. The one with the teddy bear. Otherwise there hasn’t been any other political posts since the first warning months ago.

9 Likes

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? What happened? :question:

9 Likes

! NEWS FROM THE FRONT !

Galenrog took offensive action against Singularity territory. He deployed his entire armada on a single choke point.
In a valiant last stand, I launched a long-range full-scale counter offensive with my remaining forces.

The result: Complete annihilation of my retaliation forces, with near complete annihilation of Galenrog’s armada!
With only 3 days left, he has effectively being taken out of the game completely, while I can shift my focus to full defensive and dig myself in across all my stations.

All remaining forces have been given the order to redeploy to HQ immediately for new battle assignments.

10 Likes

I’ll delete it then, and other post that seems too political… though, How would i do it for 78 Aster… :thinking:

I wonder if the new quantum computing chips have this bug

9 Likes

I don’t want you to delete it but CCP Falcon is so vague he probably meant that post. I didn’t know mentioning a president’s name counted as politics.

Maybe he is so used to abuse from other sub-forums’ users that he is frustrated and over-reacting(or even paranoid,EVE’s playerbase is mostly toxic).

Or maybe he is going to punish us in advance for the mistakes we’re going to make in the future. You know, like in that movie scene where the city is besieged and people in that city needs motivation and the commander slaps a yong boy for the mistakes the boy is going to make. :smile:

9 Likes

Not possible. Those were before the purge of 9058 and 9109. 8758 8762 8862-8863 was before that too. I didn’t violate anything after that. CCP, I plead innocent. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes